Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:43 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
If someone asked me advice on traveling.
I would advise them not to go down dark empty streets. Never travel alone. Stay in well lit busy areas.
Thats my general advice.
If it's to visit Chicago? Atlanta? Phili? Baltimore? I advise them to look up the neighborhoods to avoid. Is it racist to call out neighborhoods with high crime rates? NO Is it racist to call out facts about who is committing those crimes? NO
Telling people to avoid a Muslim neighborhood if you are female and that neighborhood is known for attacking females that they view as under dressed is not xenophobic. It is good advice.
I love traveling. I love traveling where it is safe even more. There are cities in my own country I wouldn't travel to for free.
I just spent about 30 solid days in India - 22 of those days completely alone and walked all over Delhi, down shanty narrow streets at night. Not one single problem....not even a hint of a problem, outside of the fact the place is filthy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 12:03 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2016 View Post
East end of London is a run-down ghetto. It is full of Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and also Turkish.

https://todayscontroversy.wordpress....n-down-ghetto/
hmmm, I still am not sure about Indians though.

Hounslow is a good balance as it isn't quite as much 'Little India' as Southall. Been there once, I think it is ok.

I've never thought Indian people are particularly dangerous, although they (Indians) are pretty much everywhere in London.

Tottenham or Peckham, two places I personally will avoid. It is pretty common sense for travelers to avoid poorest areas in town, and travelers are easy targets. So it is always good to go out as a group.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-10-2016 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 01:27 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I just spent about 30 solid days in India - 22 of those days completely alone and walked all over Delhi, down shanty narrow streets at night. Not one single problem....not even a hint of a problem, outside of the fact the place is filthy
Are you a man or a woman?

Old 09-10-2016, 01:46 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What brutality? Do you know what brutality even is?

Eating someone else's pet without their consent is wrong and stealing is wrong.
Oh boy. Do you think they're raising dogs on quaint little dog farms then killing them with a quick stun gun or swift swipe of the blade, like American livestock operations? They're kept in tiny cages and skinned alive, with slow, agonizing deaths being the norm.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:48 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2016 View Post
East end of London is a run-down ghetto. It is full of Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and also Turkish.

https://todayscontroversy.wordpress....n-down-ghetto/
Oh yes just like people when they describe neighborhoods and people in the United States.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:32 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The Chinese are not being racists here, matter of fact, the world should stop being so darn overly sensitive. No need to take it so personally..

It is always good for every country to tell the ugly truth about themselves and each other. That is how we solve racism problem.
Thats easy to say when youre not one of the ethnicities that they mentioned.
I wish people in the US would tell the truth about themselves, but they will never do that, they just hide behind distractions. Look at the Kapernick issue.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:36 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh boy. Do you think they're raising dogs on quaint little dog farms then killing them with a quick stun gun or swift swipe of the blade, like American livestock operations? They're kept in tiny cages and skinned alive, with slow, agonizing deaths being the norm.
So what?

Old 09-10-2016, 02:37 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Protest is not telling others?
It is ok( see 1st amendment) to tell others you don't agree, to force them is tyranny.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It is ok( see 1st amendment) to tell others you don't agree, to force them is tyranny.
I'd agree that pure protest within the law is totally fine but trying to change the policy/laws is NOT.

Is it OK for them to peacefully shovel dog meat in front of your nose? How about 24x7 commercials about how great dog meat is during Super Bowl? Are you OK with that?

Old 09-10-2016, 03:17 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
I'd agree that pure protest within the law is totally fine but trying to change the policy/laws is NOT.

Is it OK for them to peacefully shovel dog meat in front of your nose? How about 24x7 commercials about how great dog meat is during Super Bowl? Are you OK with that?
In short, no, but it is their life/culture to do as they please. We are talking about a different country/culture, so it really wouldn't apply here.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 09-10-2016 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies