Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:30 AM

776 posts, read 580,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
This is pretty much the truth. Everyone in the US can switch to driving a Prius and the amount of emissions reduced will just be made up by China and India in a year or two.
I think that is why places like Netherland are already putting more funding into projects that are preparing for the effects of climate change, than stopping climate change.
http://blogs.worldwatch.org/sustaina...limate-change/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The western US is a desert and it is made green and wet artificially. GW has absolutely ZERO to do with anything.
Many people say Global Warming, the heating of global temps. has nothing to do with the drought in the west. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but climate change, aka, weather over time, has shown less snow fall and rain in places over time. The entire western US in not a desert. "Deserts generally receive less than 250*mm (10*in) of precipitation each year. Semideserts are regions which receive between 250 and 500*mm (10 and 20*in) and when clad in grass, these are known as steppes." We aren't taking about vineyards and front yards.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Part of the reason Mead is so low is not due to snowpack, its due to consumption. IDK maybe its just me put it seems pretty stupid to have massive population centers PHX, Vegas and LA in the desert. Also seems stupid to subsidize the largest agriculture sector in a desert (San Jaquan Valley). Its amazing when you see it. A desert where nothing other than sage and tumbleweeds should thrive but the landscape is dominated by peaches, oranges, almonds etc.....Too many drinking from the faucet.
Yes, I agree. But thinking leads me to another question. When all this water is pumped into yards and evaporates, should it not be rain for some other western town somewhere down wind? This could be wrong if it is just altogether to dry. I hear from people that have visited Vegas forty years ago and just recently say that the heat is worse because the humidity is so high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies