Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 10:39 AM

51,585 posts, read 25,511,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I generally find that people who feel the need to write or speak at length about how and why they are smarter or better than another group, are seriously flawed in their own ways.
That's been my experience as well. When someone tells me they are a "good Christian," or "terrific lover," or the "smartest guy around," it is really just a matter of time before their actions betray them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 10:44 AM

Sadly, the posts on this thread support the premise fairly well.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,173,754 times
Let's review the current top button issues and see if it correlates with the studies:

First, let's see what the liberals main complaints about Trumps are:

1. Bribing an attorney general - unproven but the charge is based on evidence.
2. Trump University lawsuit - fact.
3. Trump's racism - you can argue if he is racist but there is mountains of evidence he said racially insensitive things. Fact based.
4. Trump's lack of experience/knowledge on running a country. Fact, even Trump admits it.
5. Trump's tendency to get unhinged. Fact, just read his twitter account.
6. His business's bankruptcies. Fact.
7. The harm his policies will do. Fact. You can argue about his policies, but there is no denying the legions of experts who said his policies are very bad ideas.

Now, let's see the conservative's complaints about Hillary:

1. Her health. Fictional, there no facts whatsoever.
2. Her supposed murders. Fictional. Example: somehow a guy died of a serious illness is her fault.
3. Clinton Foundation. Fictional. There is absolutely no evidence that the foundation or Hillary did anything wrong.
4. Her lying. Debatable.
5. Benghazi. Started out as facts but somehow the conservatives managed to turn it fictional with testimony from people who weren't even there and dialog said in the movie repeated as facts.
6. Email. Finally, we get to something that is mostly fact based. Bravo.
7. Her one case defending a criminal. Again, started out as fact but was injected with so many lies that this issue can legitimately qualifies as a lie.

Notice that ALL of the liberals complaints about Trump is facts based.

Notice that ALMOST ALL of the conservatives' complaints about Hillary is Lie based.

And notice one very important thing - how often do you hear a conservative actually debate Hillary's policy??? Almost never right? How often do you see a conservative debate Hillary's record in the Senate?? I've seen it once, and it was a poster trying to lie about her record. Wouldn't you think a former Senator's accomplishment on Capital Hill is important? Not to certain people apparently.

Turns out, those who belief in lies don't really want to debate facts.

Last edited by beb0p; 09-09-2016 at 12:55 PM..

Old 09-09-2016, 12:56 PM

18,126 posts, read 15,520,670 times
Blind acceptance? Cherry picking data? Trusting statements of opinion as fact? Ummm....I see a fair amount of that on the leftist end, as well. Certainly, the further you move from the middle, such obstinance becomes more obvious, and its hardly limited to "conservatives".

I see a willingness, on the part of leftists, to accept, as fact, much of anything the government says. The collectivist, follow the crowd, mentality is strongly represented by the left. The right, tends to stay with tradition, right or wrong or indifferent, the devil they know is the one they tend to stand with. This "study" is fundamentally flawed, in that the traits it applies to a certain group, can, easily, be applied to people, as a whole.

Acceptance of this study as fact shows a marked desire to believe it, because it does exactly what its trying to decry. Supporting it because its what a certain group WANTS to hear. That their opponents do that very thing. Ummm...pkt meet kettle? Lmao....what a steaming pile. But hey, its a "study". Its on the internet. It supports the point of view the OP such scribes to. It just HAS to be true. Could it be any more obvious?

Old 09-09-2016, 01:02 PM

6,004 posts, read 3,707,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Let's review the current top button issues and see if it correlates with the studies:

3. Trump's racism - you can argue if he is racist but there is mountains of evidence he said racially insensitive things. Fact based.
4. Trump's lack of experience/knowledge on running a country. Fact, even Trump admits it.
7. The harm his policies will do. Fact. You can argue about his policies, but there is no denying the legions of experts who said his policies are very bad ideas.

2. Her supposed murders. Fictional. Example: somehow a guy died of a serious illness is her fault.
3. Clinton Foundation. Fictional. There is absolutely no evidence that the foundation or Hillary did anything wrong.
4. Her lying. Debatable.
5. Benghazi. Started out as facts but somehow the conservatives managed to turn it fictional with testimony from people who weren't even there and dialog said in the movie repeated as facts.
7. Her one case defending a criminal. Again, started out as fact but was injected with so many lies that this issue can legitimately qualifies as a lie.

Notice that ALMOST ALL of the conservatives' complaints about Hillary is Lie based.

And notice one very important thing - how often do you hear a conservative actually debate Hillary's policy??? Almost never right? How often do you see a conservative debate Hillary's record in the Senate?? I've seen it once, and it was a poster trying to lie about her record. Wouldn't you think a former Senator's accomplishment on Capital Hill is important? Not to certain people apparently.

It's going to be fun watching them as they twist this post around in an attempt to sanctify their guy. I've already got a subscription to this thread and a bowl of popcorn at the ready. Can't beat that for a Friday afternoon's worth of entertainment!

Old 09-09-2016, 01:18 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,891,873 times
Anyone who has graduated from college knows that 90%+ of college professors are lefties and most design studies that confirm their worldview.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,635,429 times
Quote:

4. Her lying. Debatable.

Who knew Hillary was an angel?

Okay, you're slowly convincing me to change my vote from Trump to Hillary. I'm not there yet. Maybe a glass of the Kool-Aid that you're drinking will be the final push that I need.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:08 PM

35,333 posts, read 20,707,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's been my experience as well. When someone tells me they are a "good Christian," or "terrific lover," or the "smartest guy around," it is really just a matter of time before their actions betray them.
YES!!! BY GOLLY some one has got IT!!!!!!

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
“The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”
“My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”
“I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful"
"My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure; it's not your fault."

Read more at 24 Of The Most Outrageous Donald Trump Quotes | Marie Claire

Old 09-09-2016, 02:17 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,925,460 times
Quote:

4. Her lying. Debatable.

First, let me apologize up front if this comes off as a personal attack, but that is not the intent of why I'm writing this. It ties back to my original post in this thread about people who insist on bragging about how wonderful they are, while disregarding their own obvious shortcomings.

Normally I don't play grammar Nazi or spelling police on message boards because I think that it's more important to focus on the message and content. Personally, I think it is just mean and unnecessary in most cases. Like many things though, there are exceptions to the rules.

Because you seem hell bent on explaining how uneducated a certain group of people is, and how smart you are, I find it appropriate to make an exception. The quoted post above is so full of errors and grammatical mistakes that most reading analysis tools that I ran this though put it at a 5th to 8th grade reading level. If you want to tell us all how dumb we are, and how smart you must be, then maybe rethink your approach.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:

4. Her lying. Debatable.

As to the email business, this article goes into great detail, including transcripts, and it is clear that the RW accusations are way off base.

https://verdict.justia.com/2016/08/1...illary-clinton

While I appreciate the opportunity on C-D to discuss topics from various perspectives, the conversations in this forum are becoming pointless due to easily disproven lies repeated in an endless loop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies