Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 09:37 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if you seriously don't think that numbers of that magnitude matter then put your money where your mouth is. i'll send you $1 and in exchange you send me $4,000 ( "thousands(2) and thousands(2)" ).

if you truly believe there isn't a significant difference then you should have no problem with this arrangement. deal?
No, that is not a fair deal. You know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 09:38 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Hey Trump supporters, any news on getting us new evidence on thousands and thousands of American Muslims celebrating in the streets in New Jersey (or where ever it was that Trump claimed he saw them) on 9/11?

Added by edit.

I meant to put this in election forum. Mod, please move.
They are all working to make Hillary president. She's their buddy.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:42 PM

26,564 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No, that is not a fair deal. You know it.
yes! because i know there is a significant difference between a few handful of douche-rockets and "thousands and thousands".

Old 09-11-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
yes! because i know there is a significant difference between a few handful of douche-rockets and "thousands and thousands".
well, when it comes to potential terrorist, one is too many. Isn't that common sense? That is why NUMBERS is not important. Trump might have made a wrong claim, but homegrown terrorism STILL should be discussed openly and honestly. That is the POINT.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:53 PM

26,564 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
....but homegrown terrorism STILL should be discussed openly and honestly.
i agree ( and i say this as someone who spent part of his youth growing up outside of belfast during "the troubles"). making BS claims that "thousands and thousands" of muslims were televised celebrating in new jersey is the antithesis of honestly.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
i agree ( and i say this as someone who spent part of his youth growing up outside of belfast during "the troubles"). making BS claims that "thousands and thousands" of muslims were televised celebrating in new jersey is the antithesis of honestly.
Well, i certainly cannot defend his behavior here. That is why I always wonder if he was just trolling. I hope not. But we are screwed either way.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:27 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The only Muslim that I know of that was celebrating was the worthless POS in the White House. He's having a Victory Party today.
In my opinion, the only "worthless POS" is someone who could type in such a vile, disgusting post.

For the record the President was at the Memorial service at the Pentagon.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:29 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post

...After Trump announced the thousands of muslims and was rebuked by the news media I contacted several of my coworkers and all remember seeing what I described. Many also added that there was another news story from overseas somewhere in which there was thousands of muslims dancing just as Trump described
Those celebrating Muslims were Palestinians celebrating in Gaza. There were handing out candy.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:59 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Eid al- Adha was is one of those pre- determined variable date holidays. In 2001, it was celebrated in March.

This year, it begins tonight.

Back in the day of Abraham, human sacrifice was common. According to the Old Testament, God tested and commanded Abraham to kill his only son, Issac. At the last minute, God did a " never mind".

There are endless translations and interpretations of this event within Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Generally speaking, some Muslims gather in prayer and social celebrations.
Eid al-Adha (Sacrifice Feast) is the Muslim holiday celebrated worldwide which “honors the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son Ishmael, as an act of submission to God’s command, before God then intervened sending his angel Jibra’il (Gabriel) and informs him that his sacrifice has already been accepted.”
It is a holiday based on a rewriting of the (earlier) account told in the Torah – in which Abraham was commanded to sacrifice Isaac (a patriarch of the Jewish people), not Ishmael (ancestor of the Muslims).

Old 09-12-2016, 01:35 PM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times
There were Muslims in the Palestinian community in Paterson, NJ, celebrating the night of 9/11/01. Trump didn't see them. They were not on the news.

The only reason I know this is because a Muslim coworker told me. He is also a survivor who ran out of One WTC. He and several other Muslim survivors heard about the Palestinians in Paterson and went to confront them. The cops put them in the police car and said they understood their anger, but they were keeping the crowd contained and out of the news so that people from the surrounding towns didn't come in and a war break out on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies