Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 01:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2016 View Post
Slavery still exist In Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfV5PIAqkSQ
So. Slavery exists all over the world. Why is it such a big deal to everyone that there's slavery in Africa.

That doesn't have a damn thing to do with American Antebellum chattel slavery.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:38 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why not provide the source? These graphs & interpretations are sprinkled throughout city data threads like so much litter & yet ... no one seems to want to associate themselves with the source?
Because some people just want to shoot the messenger. The data is based on DOJ statistics.

New DOJ Statistics On Race And Violent Crime Finally Include Hispanics As An Offender Category | VDARE - premier news outlet for patriotic immigration reform

Old 09-15-2016, 05:40 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So. Slavery exists all over the world. Why is it such a big deal to everyone that there's slavery in Africa.

That doesn't have a damn thing to do with American Antebellum chattel slavery.
Operative word here.

Some Folks still dredge up the past. Good thing the descendants of everyone else oppressed, defeated, taken advantage of 150years ago has moved forward. But no, not blacks.

I swear the Jews maybe God's chosen people and Blacks are certainly the whiniest and act like they are God's chosen.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:51 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The opinion & interpretation of the DOJ statistics belong to one journalist, Heather McDonald. The Racial 'Realists' & Supremacists, & their various cheerleaders, including those who are, apparently, unaware the American Civil War ended almost 200 years ago, or even just the sore losers, 'Lost Cause' fanatics, or Robert E Lee idolaters ...

make up the outermost, lunatic fringe of American society that Ms. McDonald identifies here:

Quote:
...An honest appraisal of race relations today would conclude that the Charleston massacre belongs to the outermost, lunatic fringe of American society.

The country’s revulsion at the carnage was immediate and universal, resulting in a justified movement to banish the Confederate flag embraced by Roof as a white-supremacist symbol, from official sites. Roof was not expressing the will of anyone beyond his own narcissistic, twisted self. White-supremacist killings are not a common aspect of black life today; their very rarity is what made this atrocity so newsworthy. ...
Read more at: Charleston Shooting: Obama

It is altogether unsurprising that Jared Taylor & his quasi-religious followers glom on to her interpretation & opinions on crime, while bristling at her assessment that the movement to remove the Confederate flag is justified.

More on her opinion/interpretation of DOJ crime statistics at another time. That's off-topic in this particular thread.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:12 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama believes in "divide and conquer" so of course he said that.
The entire government believes in divide and conquer, no matter who the politician or political party is. If there is no divide and conquer, there would be no need for government.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:13 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Get rid of all Confederate Symbols and monuments, and end all Civil War reenactments. If anything is named after a southern civil war figure, change the name. Names of schools, towns, counties, streets, etc...

Then we can stop talking about slavery.

Until then...
With the exception of Civil War re-enactments, I can agree with most of this. I once lived in Marietta,GA. There is a high school named for a Confederate general, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph...er_High_School

The re-enactments are acting out history. It is important to remember history, but not glorify the Confederates.

There are southern civil war figures that fought for the Union. We can leave those up. Anything named after a Confederate soldier, I agree it should be taken down and replaced with American figures, like Kennedy, Eisenhower, Carter, MacArthur.

I would agree that when we stop glorifying and honoring Confederates, then getting over slavery will be made much easier.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:15 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2016 View Post
Slavery still exist In Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfV5PIAqkSQ
But this is about the USA. It says so in the title of the thread. Keep it there.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
Did I just fall into a time warp or something? Are we back at the 2008 or 2012 election?

Come on now...

Right wing haters are still fighting the Civil War. Stepping back to 2008 is staying very current for them.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:31 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Here from someone who actually attended multiple services at Trinity.
That's propaganda, deliberately intended to mislead. All one has to do is read/listen to Black Liberation Theology Reverend Wright's own words.

Reverend Wright, Obama's spiritual advisor of 20+ years, the Reverend of the Chicago Church Obama attended for 20+ years, in which he got married, and in which he had his daughters baptized, as recently as 2012 in a traditionally Black church in Washington, DC:
Quote:
"Take that baby, him or her away, from the African mother, away from the African community, away from the African experience ... and put them Africans over at the breasts of Yale, Harvard, University of Chicago ... UCLA or UC-Berkeley," he said. "Turn them into biscuits. Let them get that alien DNA all up inside their brain and they will turn on their own people in defense of the ones who are keeping their own people under oppression. Sheep dogs."

"There's white racist DNA running through the synapses of his or her brain tissue. They will kill their own kind ...defend the enemies of their kind, not anyone who is perceived to be the enemy of the milky white way of life."
Wright: We need control

Old 09-15-2016, 06:32 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Get rid of all Confederate Symbols and monuments, and end all Civil War reenactments. If anything is named after a southern civil war figure, change the name. Names of schools, towns, counties, streets, etc...

Then we can stop talking about slavery.

Until then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
With the exception of Civil War re-enactments, I can agree with most of this. I once lived in Marietta,GA. There is a high school named for a Confederate general, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph...er_High_School

The re-enactments are acting out history. It is important to remember history, but not glorify the Confederates.

There are southern civil war figures that fought for the Union. We can leave those up. Anything named after a Confederate soldier, I agree it should be taken down and replaced with American figures, like Kennedy, Eisenhower, Carter, MacArthur.

I would agree that when we stop glorifying and honoring Confederates, then getting over slavery will be made much easier.
More on this at another time also (when I have more time). Just one thing to consider while I'm thinking about: why are there more statues glorifying the Confederacy than there are those celebrating the folks responsible for the existence of the United States of America? That is, from the Revolutionary War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies