Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:22 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Abusing a person in any way...verbally, physically, with fire, with acid, etc. because of their appearance or dress is 100% unacceptable.
Agreed 100% ... unfortunately the supporters of a certain someone seem to think that it's ok to physically and verbally attack people who are Black, Hispanic, or Muslim. They think they have a green light to assault anyone who does not look like them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 10:23 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Why is this act automatically considered a "hate crime"?

Old 09-14-2016, 10:27 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Why is this act automatically considered a "hate crime"?
It wasn't. The article specifically states that.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:14 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Agreed 100% ... unfortunately the supporters of a certain someone seem to think that it's ok to physically and verbally attack people who are Black, Hispanic, or Muslim. They think they have a green light to assault anyone who does not look like them
Uh-huh. You do realize it was a young black man the cameras caught and it's highly unlikely he's a Trump supporter.

But whatever floats your bias.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2789052

Old 09-14-2016, 11:38 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Originally Posted by mtl1
Quote:
The thing is blacks and whites have been here from the beginning. All these foreigners such as muslims were allowed in due to legislation in 1965 and mostly much more recent than that. They were forced on us pretty much against our will with no end in sight, for the sole purpose of demographic replacement. And that authorities treat them like they were some long oppressed minority through out American history takes the cake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Comb the entire US to find an example of a remote cemetery and a small long abandon mosque, rebuilt in 2005 with the help of Christians, by a few dozen Lebanese that made it in in around 1900. America sure was founded by muslims, case closed .
I didn't need to comb the entire U.S. to find it. I knew about in 2008 when I visited ND ... you're just upset that there is Muslim history here long before 1965 and really I thought the mosque was built before 1929. Any way your outburst is understandable, case of episode is definitely closed.

Just to add to the notion that only blacks and white were here from the beginning:

"When Ellis Island opened, a great change was taking place in immigration to the United States. As arrivals from northern and western Europe–Germany, Ireland, Britain and the Scandinavian countries–slowed, more and more immigrants poured in from southern and eastern Europe. Among this new generation were Jews escaping from political and economic oppression in czarist Russia and eastern Europe (some 484,000 arrived in 1910 alone) and Italians escaping poverty in their country. There were also Poles, Hungarians, Czechs, Serbs, Slovaks and Greeks, along with non-Europeans from Syria, Turkey and Armenia. The reasons they left their homes in the Old World included war, drought, famine and religious persecution, and all had hopes for greater opportunity in the New World." Ellis Island - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

I don't know who all made it over here before the opening of Ellis Island ... perhaps you would know?

Old 09-14-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Maybe its you who needs to study when and by who America was founded.
You did not say, 'founded'. You said only whites and black were here during its founding ...

Old 09-14-2016, 11:44 AM

Any excuse to treat people like crap will do. Just make something up as any will do and even if it isn't right ... some one will be along to justify it, so it will make no difference to the right or wrong of it in the end.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:44 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Uh-huh. You do realize it was a young black man the cameras caught and it's highly unlikely he's a Trump supporter.

EXCLUSIVE: Cops hunt man who set fire to Muslim woman in NYC - NY Daily News
It would not matter if it was a member of Black Lives Matter or even another Muslim. You do understand there are people that hate Christians and even non-Christian Trump supporters and like ISIS will blame Christians and Trump supporters for everything. Just the bottom line. And they care zero, nada, nothing for this female victim but hope and desire it is a Christian or Trump supporter that carried it out.

They are really no different than the American women that gush over and ask to marry convicted serial killers. There is no changing these people. Only God can do that. I just know they hate me and forever will. We are enemies and not countrymen nor friends.

The Boston Bomber brothers had it a million times better in the USA than I ever did or ever will. The older brother had a wife that was likely raised Catholic. I'm certain as a Catholic that $&@$& hated me too when I was a Catholic. The people that spat on, beat, tortured, cheered for the murder of Jesus did not need Jesus to be "politically incorrect" for them to hate and murder him. Period.

Eh, ISIS and the liberal Muslims from the USA and Europe that travel to the Middle East to join ISIS mutder even Shia Muslims and other non-Christians that don't bother them are fully integrated into the social customs of that region. Did they "cause" these liberals from the US and Europe to Join ISIS and travel over there to murderer Shia women or what is that ethnic-religious group thought to be devil worshippers ISIS has been massacring and turning their girls and women into sex slaves? None of those girls were in the US or online saying a lick about Muslims. They were poor folks with little to nothing bothering no one in the Middle East.

Like Black-Americans are generally safer around white Americans than they are around other Black-Americans in black neighborhoods, likewise most Muslims are safer around Christians than they are around Muslims. Period. It's highly unlikely a Christian is going to assault a Muslim woman for walking around with her hair uncovered or dancing provocatively on a dance floor with 5 men. Highly unlikely. Outside of crime passion committed by a boyfriend or husband.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Originally Posted by mtl1

I didn't need to comb the entire U.S. to find it. I knew about in 2008 when I visited ND ... you're just upset that there is Muslim history here long before 1965 and really I thought the mosque was built before 1929. Any way your outburst is understandable, case of episode is definitely closed.

Just to add to the notion that only blacks and white were here from the beginning:

"When Ellis Island opened, a great change was taking place in immigration to the United States. As arrivals from northern and western Europe–Germany, Ireland, Britain and the Scandinavian countries–slowed, more and more immigrants poured in from southern and eastern Europe. Among this new generation were Jews escaping from political and economic oppression in czarist Russia and eastern Europe (some 484,000 arrived in 1910 alone) and Italians escaping poverty in their country. There were also Poles, Hungarians, Czechs, Serbs, Slovaks and Greeks, along with non-Europeans from Syria, Turkey and Armenia. The reasons they left their homes in the Old World included war, drought, famine and religious persecution, and all had hopes for greater opportunity in the New World." Ellis Island - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

I don't know who all made it over here before the opening of Ellis Island ... perhaps you would know?
What I'm telling you is very few even southern or Eastern Europeans were entering America until around 1880 when they all started to flood in and it was put to a stop and restricted in 1921. A very small number of people from the periphery of SE Europe may have made their way to America with these Eastern and Southern Europeans. But the point is it was a small number, relatively recent, and even small number of muslims entering. So until the 1965 Immigration Act, immigration from outside of Europe was barred and/or restricted and based on national orgins quota. The vast majority of muslims and non-Europeans came after 1965.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:50 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2789052
What is not fair is that now they do not want to treat this as a 'hate' crime: Muslim woman set on fire in New York not targeted due to faith: police | Reuters. This attack received national attention because the media was wishing they could say Trump's name in a negative war. They would never mention it if it was simply a Black man - look at the number of people killed in Chicago ever week without any mention. To me, setting people on fire; should be a 'hate' crime no matter who does the crime! You are talking about a very sick criminal that does not belong in society ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies