Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:00 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd bet many people in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia et al wonder why Americans couldn't have stayed home with their Cadillacs and pools and football games instead of bombing the crap out of them for no good reason.
Did they think invading and trying to oppress another country by means of force would go peacefully wouldnt bring about retribution? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Have you ever seen an Orthodox Jewish woman? Can you remember when Catholic Nuns wore Habits, which some still do? How about Hindu women wearing veils and Saris? Amish women?

If Muslim women need to "assimilate", do you want the women of these other (including Christian ones) religions also do the same?
Uhhh, maybe because theyre peaceful and DONT GO ABOUT BOMBING CHILDREN AND PLACES OF WORHSIP ON A DAILY BASIS?!?!?

Cmon, think a little, would ya?!?

Old 09-13-2016, 12:06 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Until they find the nutcase that did this we will not know his motivation. That is not in any way a defense of this man but there is seriously something wrong with a person setting fire to anyone.
Absolutely, 1000%. I was simply replying to the post about the supposed Mosque bombing in Orlando. I live about two hours southwest of Orlando. Nothing on our local news about that. That definitely would have made all of Florida news.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:36 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yes it is. When you have a presidential candidate referring to a large segment of the US population as "deplorables" you have, to an extent, legitimized hatred. Bigoted idiots such as Hillary should learn that words inspire actions. Much like the hatred and violence promoted in the Mosque the Orlando shooter attended.
Cute.

Is it really so hard to examine what prompted her to make that statement in the first place?

I guess it is.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Absolutely, 1000%. I was simply replying to the post about the supposed Mosque bombing in Orlando. I live about two hours southwest of Orlando. Nothing on our local news about that. That definitely would have made all of Florida news.
Umm...
No one said that there was a bombing.

And, it did make Florida news:

Officials release surveillance video of fire at mosque attended by Pulse nightclub shooter | WFTV

Fire Intentionally Set at Fort Pierce Mosque Where Orlando Nightclub Shooter Once Worshiped: Police | NBC 6 South Florida

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...er-atte/nsWpy/

Old 09-13-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Cute.

Is it really so hard to examine what prompted her to make that statement in the first place?

I guess it is.
What? Building a wall, deporting criminal illegals, etc, makes us "racist" or "xenophobic"? Hell, the Clintons were ALL FOR what Trump is currently saying, only 10 years earlier.

You guys are a silly, confused lot.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,693 times
I was wondering why I didn't see this story on my news feed. When I searched I found a few articles with surveillance footage of the man who set her on fire and then it all made sense why it wasn't in my news feed.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:54 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Cute.

I guess it is.
That would require Trump supporters to look deep into their ugly selves. The denial is strong.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Muslim's should assimilate. They are a target when they wear a burka. They could hide weapons . Now women are becoming terrorists killing people .
This is ridiculous. There are over 600,000 Muslims in NYC. We are supposed to walk around suspicious of all of them because they might have concealed weapons? Do you not undrstand how retarded and un-NYC-like that sounds?

Stay in your cornfield, please. "THEY" won't get you there.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:00 PM

77 posts, read 37,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't condone attacks like that. But, I notice the police are always looking for a "hate crime" when the victim isn't white, straight or Christian before the suspect and motive is even identified. But set a white person on fire and short of the suspect admitting it was a "hate crime" the police almost never find one .
Did you not read the quotes in the articles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies