Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 06:52 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Small US town sees armed militia group disrupt Muslim proposals for mosque and school | World | News | Daily Express

Beautiful! If they keep up the protest I might just drive down and help them! Show the FBI I am still around LOL....These Muslims need to go build this crap in Dearborn Michigan NOT rural Georgia.It won't end well. I guarantee it.

What's stopping you? It's a big opportunity to display your contempt for the Constitution.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:55 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Oh my someone has their panties in a wad! I seem to remember us being taught about me with guns taking on their tyrannical government...what was that.... OHHH!!! That's right the American Revolution!

You have no idea what 3% even constitutes or means....make fun it makes things easier when the time comes. You sit at home and do nothing. The MEN will fix it all.

Don't care. This is OUR country. Why don't they try picking a gun up and fight for THEIR country!?
It's only "your country" by right of conquest, and never forget that. This nation was originally owned by Native Americans, who were exterminated, and then by various other ethnic groups of which you are probably not a member and who, back in their day, probably would have fought to keep "different" people like you out of our nation... for exactly the same reason right-wing loons today want to keep people out. Hypocrisy much?

As for the rest of your drivel, unless you're completely ignorant of world affairs, plenty of Muslims are fighting to save their nations, but the brutal reality is that there is only so much an under-funded army, much less poorly armed civilians, can do against massively funded and fully trained military groups like ISIS. And, no, the average group of gun-waving, angry red-necks that right-wingers so love to hold up as examples of "real 'mericans" would most likely fair far worse against such odds.

The right-wing ignorance and hypocrisy is astounding. They scream and yell that the Muslim civilian refugees haven't "done something" to magically stop ISIS when even our own armed forces are finding it a tough slog, and yet when a tornado or flood rips through the red states, they are all over each other looking for the "evil government" to fix their problems. Pfffft. Next time that happens, go "fight for your land" yourself.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:57 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Thank you. I believe we have discussed this already. This is the story where the town is going to get sued and not only have to allow the mosque, they are also going to end up paying for it.

Just to add.......these nice church goers and the KKK claim to serve the same God also. Sadly the same one as I acknowledge BUT I want nothing to do with these people.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:58 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It's only "your country" by right of conquest, and never forget that. This nation was originally owned by Native Americans, who were exterminated, and then by various other ethnic groups of which you are probably not a member and who, back in their day, probably would have fought to keep "different" people like you out of our nation... for exactly the same reason right-wing loons today want to keep people out. Hypocrisy much?

As for the rest of your drivel, unless you're completely ignorant of world affairs, plenty of Muslims are fighting to save their nations, but the brutal reality is that there is only so much an under-funded army, much less poorly armed civilians, can do against massively funded and fully trained military groups like ISIS. And, no, the average group of angry red-necks that right-wingers so love to hold up as examples of "real 'mericans" would most likely fair far worse against such odds.

The right-wing ignorance and hypocrisy is astounding. They scream and yell that the Muslim civilian refugees haven't "done something" to magically stop ISIS when even our own armed forces are finding it a tough slog, and yet when a tornado or flood rips through the red states, they are all over each other looking for the "evil government" to fix their problems. Pfffft. Next time that happens, go "fight for your land" yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PpGy2dO01g

Watch and Learn. Once that's done we might get onto the rest of your whining rant.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:58 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Oh my someone has their panties in a wad! I seem to remember us being taught about me with guns taking on their tyrannical government...what was that.... OHHH!!! That's right the American Revolution!

You have no idea what 3% even constitutes or means....make fun it makes things easier when the time comes. You sit at home and do nothing. The MEN will fix it all.

Don't care. This is OUR country. Why don't they try picking a gun up and fight for THEIR country!?

That is correct, Sir..this is our country--you know...the one I fought and bled for---the one that has laws..and a Constitution----to compare The American Revolution with a bunch of ill-bred hayseeds is to demean all of what we stand for as a country.
The original patriots were not fighting because of immigration or refugees..they were fighting an unequal tax system that denied them representation.

As for the notion that I don't know what the '3%' means..I live in Idaho---and they are thick on the ground--and despised by most of the people I know. It seems our state attracts crackpots of that type.
Lucky for us, Idaho is an 'open carry' State.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:00 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
To come up with a new approach to an old problem, we often need to look at the problem differently.

I personally think allowing the government to decide which religion can or cannot put up a building is a very slippery slope. Beyond the rhetoric, fear and tribalism there is the following reality: when one religion is banned by the government, no religion is safe.

Some say democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what’s for dinner.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:01 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Watch and Learn. Once that's done we might get onto the rest of your whining rant.
No, you won't address what I posted because you have no facts to back up your drivel. Good luck with that, and may I suggest actually reading some history and the rest of the Constitution. Get back to me when you get to the part about how only the only "real Americans" are gun-toting, hate-filled lunatics, or where there's a religious test to be a citizen. Maybe you can find a rewritten version more to your liking, with shorter words and that does away with that whole First Amendment problem. Joker, you've got nothing.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
That is correct, Sir..this is our country--you know...the one I fought and bled for---the one that has laws..and a Constitution----to compare The American Revolution with a bunch of ill-bred hayseeds is to demean all of what we stand for as a country.
The original patriots were not fighting because of immigration or refugees..they were fighting an unequal tax system that denied them representation.

As for the notion that I don't know what the '3%' means..I live in Idaho---and they are thick on the ground--and despised by most of the people I know. It seems our state attracts crackpots of that type.
Lucky for us, Idaho is an 'open carry' State.
You are a veteran yet have no idea that 3% is the amount of patriots that fought for our independence against Britain.... Just wow...When SHTF there will be no laws or constitution left. I mean sure go ahead and yell at someone about rules and laws and constitution but when there is no government to enforce it well good luck with that. There will be widespread death and destruction that is a given. You are in Idaho....pft I don't want Idaho personally...I prefer my southland!

Old 09-14-2016, 07:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Small US town sees armed militia group disrupt Muslim proposals for mosque and school | World | News | Daily Express

Beautiful! If they keep up the protest I might just drive down and help them! Show the FBI I am still around LOL....These Muslims need to go build this crap in Dearborn Michigan NOT rural Georgia.It won't end well. I guarantee it.
Based on your history of posts, I somehow have this feeling that the FBI is very aware that you're still around, compadre.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
No, you won't address what I posted because you have no facts to back up your drivel. Good luck with that, and may I suggest actually reading some history and the rest of the Constitution. Get back to me when you get to the part about how only the only "real Americans" are gun-toting, hate-filled lunatics, or where there's a religious test to be a citizen. Maybe you can find a rewritten version more to your liking, with shorter words and that does away with that whole First Amendment problem. Joker, you've got nothing.
1. I didn't even READ most of your ranting I read something that was wrong and stopped because the rest isn't worth my time until we address what you go wrong
2. I don't care about the constitution.If it was worth a crap and was clear as glass we wouldn't have so called constitutional experts trying to destroy our damn country by trying to interpret it their own way! Its old,outdated and ineffective! Time for something new!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies