Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 03:43 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

"Ordered the Hillary special. It was terrible. Two small breasts, 2 fat thighs and a bunch of left wings"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 03:44 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I think that those posters were childish and rude. Until I see where the parents had anything to do with the way their son acted or that they aren't remorseful - I don't feel it's appropriate to attack their place of business.
Its getting appropriate, the theory and idea is that people who are related to bad bad people need to be really on the alert for this type of stuff or else they could suffer the consequences of having their heads in the sand.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:50 PM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yep, typical liberal who just loves Islamic social conservatism , but not even a mild form of it from a Polish Catholic. Stigmatizing parents for criminals is wrong, but not stigmatizing people for stigmatizing people who raise terrorists.

Why do you think Muslims would disown their child? Because they believe in the kind of social conservatism you usually don't .

The parents are not held "responsible". However they need to suffer the consequences of bringing terrorists in this world. Its a lot smaller of a price to pay than being dead.
Are you calling me liberal? I'm hardly a liberal.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:04 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists railed on and on about chik-fil-a, hilariously calling it 'hate chicken'.
they'd probably love to buy chicken from this place though.

Yep!! If it has to do with Muslims they love it. Good old Muslim chicken.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
While immigrants draw much of the attention, it’s their children who are proving to be the most fruitful recruiting ground for radical jihad in the U.S., accounting for at least half of the deadly attacks over the past decade.

I don't think the parents should be condemned. Punish their family members seems to be a little unfair to me.

This said, you really can't change human nature.. What do you expect people to do? supporting your business and keep on buying your first American fried chicken? Let's be realistic here.

People will not stand by this family. I bet when everything happened, they are going to realize they don't have any friends now. This is the sad reality.

If this family is indeed innocent, I wish them well in life. Hope they get some counseling and cope with this horror they are now facing.

I agree with your stance, except for one important instance. Where it is found out that the Parent's had prior knowledge of their child, exhibiting unusual behavior. And found out that the parent's sense their child personality changing for the worse, in regards to obsessive behavior.

It is a known fact sad but true, that many instances show that the parent's know more then they share.

Not in all instances, but in previous cases. And that goes for any case, not just this one.

Too often, people know something but keep quiet.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:16 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"Ordered the Hillary special. It was terrible. Two small breasts, 2 fat thighs and a bunch of left wings"
Now, that's funny!

I'm sure Yelp will remove all the joke posts but many of them are quite funny (too soon?).

Old 09-19-2016, 04:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with your stance, except for one important instance. Where it is found out that the Parent's had prior knowledge of their child, exhibiting unusual behavior. And found out that the parent's sense their child personality changing for the worse, in regards to obsessive behavior.

It is a known fact sad but true, that many instances show that the parent's know more then they share.

Not in all instances, but in previous cases. And that goes for any case, not just this one.

Too often, people know something but keep quiet.
I agree with you.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,675,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
Now, that's funny!

I'm sure Yelp will remove all the joke posts but many of them are quite funny (too soon?).
Indeed they will. I posted a unfavorable review of an auto shop and it disappeared within hours.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Indeed they will. I posted a unfavorable review of an auto shop and it disappeared within hours.
I have several unfavorable reviews of places - with many more favorable reviews - and none of mine disappeared.

I've noticed, however, if you only post one review, they often deep six it by hiding it. You can find those by going closer to the bottom of the page and clicking on XX other reviews that are not currently recommended. You have to keep clicking to view more if there are several. Yours may be buried there.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
The reviews are now being held hostage, but boy howdy, the captions under the photos are still there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies