Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black people receive reparations?
Yes 11 6.59%
No 154 92.22%
I don't know 2 1.20%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 04:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,478,051 times

Advertisements

I will be so glad when "we" start treating "certain people" the same way that Asians tend to treat them which is as irrelevant. Their opinions are irrelevant.

"Certain people" (especially the ones who are on the bottom rungs) LOVE to rant and rage about any and all things black. We are constantly on their mind. They are constantly thinking about us, talking about us, wondering what we are doing or who we are doing. Just take a look at just how many threads are created on this site solely about black folks. They can't keep our name out of their mouths.

If you are black and successful, then its because of Affirmative Action. If you are black and average, you are on welfare. If you are black and young, you are a thug or a babymamma. If you are black and old, you are a welfare queen or a criminal.

If there is a white bum who is panhandling on the corner its because a black men took his job. If a white woman is high on meth its because she once had a black friend in the 3rd grade. If white people lose their home to foreclosure its because blacks folks made their payments too high.

Let these folks continue to wallow in their misery. They are irrelevant. We need to STOP asking for their opinions.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:50 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,990,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Black people today are the descendants of those who were harmed years ago. Are you telling me the effects of slavery and white supremacy are completely gone? If that were the case, why are almost a third of black people living in poverty? Why are almost half of black children living in poverty? I will tell you this right now, if all of that is directly due to black people themselves, then there is something horribly wrong with black people in general. Would you agree to that statement?
Look, I don't like debating subjects like these amongst whites, but here it is, and I can't help but say something.

First, how can we claim money for other people's labor and servitude, who we don't even know? My ancestors were slaves, in the deep south, I don't know who they were, what they're names were, what they did like or didn't like, who they worked for, how long they worked and what conditions they were under--so how in the world can I claim financial restitution on their behalf nearly 200 years later?

How do you even begin to put a dollar value on that?

Now there are some political systemic mechanisms that hindered blacks from progressing at an equal pace as poor whites did during the mid-20th century--BUT many things have been put in place LONG AGO to rectify that. My parents made it--and I'm sure your's did too. If you haven't made it by now, I don't what else to tell ya.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:51 PM

5,665 posts, read 4,602,088 times
Quote:
I'll tell you this about immigrants. Any immigrant coming to this nation owes black people any rights or benefits they receive. That includes white immigrants now. Originally, white people came to this land to get just that. Free land and benefits. Part of those benefits were slaves to work the land. The original mantra was "Life, Liberty, and Property".

Yet all in all, black people deserve reparations not only because of slavery, but to this day black people are suffering. In a lot of these big cities where black people live, a lot of the resources were taken out and placed into the suburbs. It's not a mistake a lot of black people live in poverty. If everything was leveled the moment slavery ended, there is no way black people wouldn't be on the same level as their white counterparts, but that is clearly not the case.
Ummm, what?

A, for example, Chinese immigrant coming to the US in 2016 would owe what exactly to black people?

This makes no sense. No wonder the idea of reparations is scoffed at.

Lose your entitlement mentality, and get a job. If more black people did that, they wouldn't live in poverty.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,478,051 times
Quote:
Alright, so this next post is for black people who are reading. (Of course everyone is invited to respond) Let me reiterate something, almost a third of our population is living in poverty. Just about everyone in there won't make it out on their own. What this means is, a third of our population will be lost for good, buried underneath all the immigrants coming into the nation, and no I'm not just talking about hispanic or latin immigrants. All of these people groups will take advantage of benefits that should have gone to black people. Its sad that white immigrants, asian immigrants, arab immigrants, and latin immigrants will all benefit from the 13th-15th amendments, and yet their ancestors never had their backs broken to pick cotton. Its sad that from all the free labor this country have received from slaves, no one wants to help their struggling descendants. The main reason their descendants are struggling is because no one helped them nor respected them.

Many years from now, just about all those in poverty will be lost. That will begin to effect those who are just above the poverty line in the black community. As the Hispanic population and Asian population grow, more and more black people will be lost to the wayside. Eventually you will only have a small group of black people (maybe 10 million or more), who will be living relatively convenient lifestyles. Everyone else will be living in the murk and mire, in jail, or dead. (Most just living in the murk and mire) Unless black people come together and form really close communities, we will be done. All black people will be seen for is in the sports and entertainment businesses.
A civil and constructive conversation on matters related to black people can not and will not be had on this forum.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Best to check you history.

Sounds like you are talking about the Barberry Coast thing, in the 16-19th Century.
Ottomans were not Arabs.

Slavery is as old as mankind and has been practiced all over the world and substantially predates the Barberry Coast Pirates.

Slavery is very much a part of the Old Testament. No shortage of religions that rationalized slavery as taking care of the poor.

There remains endless debates about the origins of homo sapiens, Africa or Middle-East. What is today, called Iraq is considered the Cradle of Civilization, only refers to nothing more than the first known organized urban centers.
Well the Islam slavery goes back to the beginning of Islam in 600-700ad but you are correct that slavery predates that.

Homo sapiens sapiens predate civilization by 50,000 possible 100,000s of years. Neanderthals 300,000 years ago in Europe were really just another race or subspecies of homo sapiens. Homo sapiens may have originated in Eurasia or even multi-regionally.

Last edited by mtl1; 09-19-2016 at 05:08 PM..

8,275 posts, read 7,911,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Don't waste you energy because this is the aforementioned "basket".
It's true. Most of us are unrepentant deplorables.

Quote:
The main reason their descendants are struggling is because no one helped them nor respected them.
And this is why so many black people fail at life. The black population largely has the mentality of a 4 year old child that expects constant help with even the most basic things in life.

14,361 posts, read 9,756,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
typicall, always want something for free, play the victim card with a double duese of race added to it.
People with a brain are getting fed up with these uber extreme progressives, who in reality are communists.

If you call a pile of poo perfume it doesn't smell any better. Progressives are just piles of poo.
Quote:
"Certain people" (especially the ones who are on the bottom rungs) LOVE to rant and rage about any and all things black. We are constantly on their mind. They are constantly thinking about us, talking about us, wondering what we are doing or who we are doing. Just take a look at just how many threads are created on this site solely about black folks. They can't keep our name out of their mouths.
...they can't keep from blaming the color of skin, yet claim only to want a colorblind society.

Sorry, but that isn't what they want... because we were sooooooooooo close to it just 20 years ago.

It took a large portion of the white population to put a black president in office, and then when anyone disagreed with his politics (just as they did with every other president) WE WERE ALL RACISTS!

What a freakin break from reality as we've all become victims of another DC con job! The race industry is so disingenuous!!!

You can see how this poll is running. I guarantee there are quite a few non-whites voting NO. The other 3, most likely part of the bottom rung blaming anything white for their problems.

Last edited by steven_h; 09-19-2016 at 05:10 PM..

596 posts, read 426,670 times
**** no.

Fix your own goddamn house before you knock on my door with your hand out.

20,524 posts, read 15,851,204 times
Quote:
Save your breath.

You are talking to the folks who think that ALL black people are (insert whatever negative stereotype or insult you can think of here)

Don't waste you energy because this is the aforementioned "basket".
"ALL" Black people if talking just hood rats here? If that's the case; I def agree, they're nothing but trouble, just like their PWT cousins.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,711,531 times
more of this moronic rubbish. as i have stated in the past, if you can find someone who was alive when slavery was legal, AND THEY WERE A SLAVE, then yes you can give them reparations for that. for their descendants though, they get zip. dont like it? tough!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies