Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 04:19 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Just end it and get the govt out of health care completely. Watch costs fall.
Republicans are no better than Dems.
Yeah the free market, that's it. They're the ones that gave us the 608 dollar Epipen. Any one else from the Cato Institute have an opinion on this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 04:25 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Yeah the free market, that's it. They're the ones that gave us the 608 dollar Epipen. Any one else from the Cato Institute have an opinion on this issue?
No, that's a dem taking advantage....

The free market also gave us the .99 cent gallon of milk (yes today)....google aldi....

Old 09-20-2016, 04:33 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No, he doesn't. He'll sell you down the river in a heartbeat
Meanwhile the democrats who passed obamacare, Obama and hillary HAVE sold you down the river.

No evidence Trump will be as myopic and unethical as the dems.

In 2008, obama warned if hillary was elected she would pass healthcare by nuclear option, something he would never do.

Your dem legislators did not read or understand what they saddled us with. Years later they continued to express surprise at some of the elements of obamacare.

you found no issue with pelosi telling us 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it"?

So tell us why you think trump will sell us down the river????????

we are so far down river we are out to sea, out of sight of land. You wish to continue on this journey with captain hillary??????

Old 09-20-2016, 04:34 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoball1 View Post
I said WERENT negatively affected. So you prove my point. The ACA hit home for darn near everybody. Not one republican voted for it, only democrats, and it got passed at midnight on Christmas eve.

So we absolutely know FOR A FACT that the democrat plan is an utter failure for the majority of American people. The question now is can the Republicans make it worse or better? It seems like a gamble with no real loss to me as I already went from great plan to uninsured due to the incomprehensible screw up on the democrat's part. This is a non-issue really.

Democtat health plan = complete failure
Republica health plan = ?

Nothing to loose by voting R.
Once again you are confusing Obamacare with Medicare.

I was going through some old papers the other day. I had kept a newspaper article from the nineties about how the Republicans $crewed working people. With their history of favoring corporations over working individuals how can you assume that they would be any different.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:43 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,557 times
Quote:
Once again you are confusing Obamacare with Medicare.

I was going through some old papers the other day. I had kept a newspaper article from the nineties about how the Republicans $crewed working people. With their history of favoring corporations over working individuals how can you assume that they would be any different.
Trump!

Old 09-20-2016, 04:55 PM

7,184 posts, read 9,315,042 times
"Keep your Gov'mint out of my Medicare!"

Old 09-20-2016, 04:56 PM

45,222 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
No, the free market that brought even the poor such modern advances and conveniences as televisions, air-conditioning, cell phones, computers, washers, dryers, the automobile...

The Epipen is the result of protectionism and cronyism from your beloved govt.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:10 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Those of us who have been able to retire don't dare give the billionaire class the political trifecta of a Republican house, Republican Senate and a Republican president.
This is exactly why seniors should consider voting for Clinton. She will veto any attempt to gut Medicare or Social Security. You cannot trust Trump with a Republican congress, especially with Paul Ryan as speaker. He has advocated deep cuts to Social Security in the past, disguised as privatization.*

* Inside Paul Ryan's Plan To Privatize Social Security

Old 09-20-2016, 05:11 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoball1 View Post
Can anybody honestly say they weren't negatively affected by the democrat's past 7 years healthcare debacle? If the republicans screw it up then I guess it's a null point anyways. We KNOW the democrat's plan is a complete failure. I personally experienced the mess. It's beyond belief how messed up healthcare has gotten in the past few years. So regarding healthcare, we KNOW the democrats plan stinks but SUSPECT the republican's plan might stink too. What do we have to loose by gambling on the republican plan? If it becomes a failure then for me personally it's no real loss since the democtats already ruined healthcare for me.
Me. I'm now on Medicare, but Obamacare was cheaper than my previous individual plan. And my wife is still cheaper. Her Obamacare paid out over $170K so far this year, as she has serious medical problems. Deductible $3250. Obamacare works for those with serious medical problems.

But I do agree that for the generally well masses Obamacare has been a less than adequate and too complicated solution.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:13 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No, he doesn't. He'll sell you down the river in a heartbeat
I'm not the least bit worried with either candidate. Seniors are only getting more powerful voting wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies