Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 11:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,969,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But why did the police think he was a threat
Because they told him to drop his gun and he refused, anyone who legally carries a firearm knows you can't walk around with a handgun in your hand, especially when a group of police officers are instructing you to drop it.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:14 PM

31,839 posts, read 14,824,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No matter what the conceal or open carry laws are, you are still required to follow the orders of a police officer especially when they tell you to drop your gun. A carry permit (which this convicted felon did NOT have) wouldn't allow you to hold a gun in your hand while police tell you to drop it during an arrest.
Why did officers pull him over.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Now, I ask again, what did Scott do that warranted him being shot? I know reading comprehension isn't the best of skills for you, but maybe you can find a way to answer that question? Or is that too tough for you?
He was instructed numerous times to drop his firearm and he refused, he exited his vehicle and didn't follow orders AND he was still carrying a firearm. That alone presents a deadly threat to those police officers. Let's not even go into the fact that he's a convicted felon with previous firearm convictions who shouldn't have been in possession of a firearm, especially if his wife knew he had a brain injury.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:17 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,236,808 times
Quote:
Between you and @01snake, I'm not sure who is more remedial...

I said I never saw a gun in the dashcam or body cam videos. I also said that it was entirely plausible that he had a gun. I certainly never said a gun was planted...

Now, I ask again, what did Scott do that warranted him being shot? I know reading comprehension isn't the best of skills for you, but maybe you can find a way to answer that question? Or is that too tough for you?
My reading comprehension is just fine, it's you that has the issues! He didn't drop his gun and the officer felt threatened and in danger, I realize it might be hard for you to comprehend, but put yourself in the officer's shoes, having to make split second life and death decisions, not so easy is it?

Old 09-24-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why did officers pull him over.
They didn't, they found him in a parking lot and saw/smelled marijuana in the car when the initial officer made contact with him. They basically found him smoking weed in the parking lot and he then refused to exit the vehicle.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:21 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 14 days ago)

5,750 posts, read 5,516,160 times
Quote:
He was instructed numerous times to drop his firearm and he refused, he exited his vehicle and didn't follow orders AND he was still carrying a firearm. That alone presents a deadly threat to those police officers. Let's not even go into the fact that he's a convicted felon with previous firearm convictions who shouldn't have been in possession of a firearm, especially if his wife knew he had a brain injury.
Neither of those videos definitely or clearly show a weapon in his hand. He never made a motion or raised an arm. Where in that video did you see a clear and precise view of a gun in his hand? I want to know--maybe I missed it. I watched both videos multiple times...

Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 PM

31,839 posts, read 14,824,721 times
Quote:
They didn't, they found him in a parking lot and saw/smelled marijuana in the car when the initial officer made contact with him. They basically found him smoking weed in the parking lot and he then refused to exit the vehicle.
Oh for god's sake why would the cops care about him smoking pot. Why did they shoot him.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I think they were actually trying to serve a warrant to someone else in that area, when they came upon Mr. Scott.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:27 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,027,203 times
Quote:
Neither of those videos definitely or clearly show a weapon in his hand. He never made a motion or raised an arm. Where in that video did you see a clear and precise view of a gun in his hand? I want to know--maybe I missed it. I watched both videos multiple times...
But the cop had a different angle than the video. What could the cop see?

Old 09-24-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
It's real easy to play armchair quarterback behind a computer screen. The videos are not the greatest quality and not from the best of angles, so every other armchair quarterback doesn't see what the officer that shot him saw. Do you really believe police officers want to kill people if they don't have to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies