Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 09:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I thought this thread was about Charlotte?

Old 09-26-2016, 09:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I thought this thread was about Charlotte?
I get it already......you and others do not care why people do not automatically trust what the police say. The only question left is why.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:26 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
I get it already......you and others do not care why people do not automatically trust what the police say. The only question left is why.

There is skepticism and then there is automatically assuming they are NOT telling the truth.

Where do you feel you fall on that spectrum, pknopp?

Old 09-26-2016, 09:28 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:

I don't expect people to automatically trust what police or anyone else says. I do expect people to wait until facts come out instead of knee jerk reacting to whatever they read on Twitter or other social media. People (and I mean on both sides of any issue) need to stop jumping to conclusions. Looting, rioting and endangering the lives of others is NEVER ok. Peaceful protest is. IMO, some people need to stop acting on the verdict on Trial by Twitter and begin to act and reason like rational adults.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
There is skepticism and then there is automatically assuming they are NOT telling the truth.

Where do you feel you fall on that spectrum, pknopp?
Until they are routinely held accountable for lying, I side with questioning everything they say.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Actually I don't automatically lump all incidents together to create a narrative. When it comes to things like police shootings I take each one as it's own action UNLESS a connection between them can be PROVEN not just inferred or planted by LEO haters or others with an agenda.

That's the fallacy of the argument by some/many of the protesters, this shooting is NOT equal to any of the others, other than it was by a gun employed by a LEO.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually I don't automatically lump all incidents together to create a narrative. When it comes to things like police shootings I take each one as it's own action UNLESS a connection between them can be PROVEN not just inferred or planted by LEO haters or others with an agenda.

That's the fallacy of the argument by some/many of the protesters, this shooting is NOT equal to any of the others, other than it was by a gun employed by a LEO.
The narrative of the police here have been circumstantial at best.

Do I have an agenda? Of course, I've noted it many times.......when the police are permitted to lie and get away with it, it makes the words of all police not trusted. When the system covers for the lies the system can not be trusted.

My arguments are very pro-police but many refuse to understand that as I want the bad ones weeded out.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:

Do I have an agenda? Of course, I've noted it many times.......when the police are permitted to lie and get away with it, it makes the words of all police not trusted. When the system covers for the lies the system can not be trusted.

My arguments are very pro-police but many refuse to understand that as I want the bad ones weeded out.

LOL. Funniest thing I've EVER read on CD. Props to you.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:

Up to this point, maybe in some people's eyes. Here's the thing, you don't want cops to rush to judgement on citizens then why is it ok to rush to judgement on them?

How about giving them some time to process all of the evidence instead of DEMANDING to know something before the body is even cold or buried?

Neither you nor anyone else has the right to demand that of anyone but yourself, it's completely unreasonable and just being used to force a narrative that all cops are lying,racist killers.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I already did. People have avoided the questions and problems presented. Just like here.
I have to disagree. I've read many post where people express concern over the training or lack thereof by police forces in this country. I'm concerned and believe that dialog and action on how we can train police better is always a good thing. I believe that police are human and therefore fallible and not always ill intentioned. I also believe some are just bad people with evil intent. If they, in the course of their jobs, do anything outside the bounds of the law and what police protocol dictates then they should be held accountable just like any other citizen. I also think MOST people believe the same.

Your problem is that you ALWAYS come at any incident from the police are wrong, guilty, should have done otherwise position. You insert the facts from other cases to bolster your opinion on the one being discussed. You have ruined your credibility on CD by your lack of reasonable reflection on each case as an individual occurrence and immediately and consistently assume that law enforcement is always in the wrong.

In other words, you assume exactly the opposite of what our criminal justice system does: Guilty until proven Innocent and even then still Guilty because of the Guilt of other LE personnel in some other case in some other City". It's not a position I can respect or defend.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 09-26-2016 at 10:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies