Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 05:18 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obviously you don't know much about American history. '

Here's a hint for you. Go look at how the railroads were built during the 18th century.
Those railroads who used Chinese labor were not built off of slave labor.

They were not owned as property and had their family and I'm sure had thier ethnic lineages intact.

There was no ruling class of slave owners capitalizing off of railroads labor. And please dont try to argue that it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 05:23 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Culture and genetic grouping go hand in hand. Where ever a genetic group goes their culture will manifest. Generally about half of all behavior has a genetic, heritable factor.
Not true...at all.

And if youre trying to use Black Americans today as an example (which you or some posters probably will), black Americans today are not culturally "African."

Old 09-23-2016, 05:39 AM

7,812 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Because they actually do have books and not guns.

Old 09-23-2016, 05:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Those railroads who used Chinese labor were not built off of slave labor.

They were not owned as property and had their family and I'm sure had thier ethnic lineages intact.

There was no ruling class of slave owners capitalizing off of railroads labor. And please dont try to argue that it was.
I can see that you didn't do much research.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:16 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Not true...at all.

And if youre trying to use Black Americans today as an example (which you or some posters probably will), black Americans today are not culturally "African."
I remember reading a news article many years ago about how actual Africans view Black Americans. They have a very low opinion of the loud, rude, criminality of the AA community. THey are actually embarrased to be thought of as acting like those buffoons.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:20 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Not offspring, distant cousins separated by a bottleneck effect and 15,000 years of evolution on different continents. There is no reason to expect that shared genes from eons ago would cause similar levels of technological development today.
Yes offspring. East Asians aren't some isolated special race that their success can only be explained because they are related to whites. They aren't, otherwise they'd look like whites like the Indians do, but they don't, don't they There's no way around it. Pure indigenous and those who exhibit strong indigenous features look extremely similar to East Asians but with a tan, like my great grandparents. DNA doesn't lie. I went to Japan recently and most people thought I was 1/4 Japanese, not pure Caucasian. No white person can pull that off.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:30 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,592,812 times
well, this post will give me the "most hated poster of the day" award. But something STILL has to be said.

I think the kind of racial profiling people have problem with is when people are stopped solely because of their race and ethnicity. well, it is obviously that barring some other characteristic that makes them as being suspicious, that is wrong. But, here is always the big but,

Most officers can tell you exactly why they stopped a certain person, and the reason is seldom based solely on race on ethnicity.

I drove very slowly in my friend's neighborhood once, I was driving a BMWz8 and couldn't find his house. I was stopped by two officers and they asked me what I was doing in this neighborhood. I was surprised that I got stopped because I didn't do anything wrong. (well, except driving very slow, but this is not the reason why I got stopped) My friend told me later that they stopped me because they probably thought I was looking for drugs. This is called "criminal profiling" it doesn't matter you were a 68 years old white guy in Lexus, or a 25 year old white/japanese mixed girl in a BMW, your ass would be stopped.

This being said, racial profiling can be a legal tactic, and PLEASE ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN why

First of all, DO NOT assume police officers stop you because you are black, asian, white, female, male, short, tall, etc, etc, etc. Secondly, even if you were stopped by police officers for no reasons, keep calm and try to be cooperative. I am not saying there are no bad cops out there who are racists, but here is what MOST racial profiling looks like in real life.

here is a robbery at the convenient store at 5th and Main. The police radio broadcast describes the suspect as a white male, 18-25, six feet tall, slender, and wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. A police officer looking for that suspect is wasting his time stopping women, Asian, blacks, and Hispanics. Likewise, there is no need to stop middle-aged men and little old ladies.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:35 AM

well, my good friends are working for LAPD, you better believe they go after asian gangs. (These losers focus on other asian businesses, terrorize their own neighborhoods, sounds familiar?)

There are bad apples in every race. They all should be targeted.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-23-2016 at 07:46 AM..

Old 09-23-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yes offspring. East Asians aren't some isolated special race that their success can only be explained because they are related to whites. They aren't, otherwise they'd look like whites like the Indians do, but they don't, don't they There's no way around it. Pure indigenous and those who exhibit strong indigenous features look extremely similar to East Asians but with a tan, like my great grandparents. DNA doesn't lie. I went to Japan recently and most people thought I was 1/4 Japanese, not pure Caucasian. No white person can pull that off.

White indians look hispanic or middle eastern to me.

Gee, I am offensive.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:58 AM

73,006 posts, read 62,585,728 times
There are Asian gangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6VgfCODwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAqnvuNUnkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvJVGwrBIac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies