Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 10:17 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
All you did was post a list with the majority of them being destroyed by the manufacturing leaving those cities. Also these cities are by far mostly African American. African Americans vote democrat no matter what state they live in.

Demographics would have been my response as well. We have skating friends that live in a million dollar mansion in beautiful Lincoln Park surrounded by other beautiful houses. You dare not venture out at night because a certain element comes around to rob you. It has nothing to do with being Democratic or Republican and everything to do with a culture of ignorance. I'm sure these people don't vote, they're just trying to survive in the only way they understand.

I will however say that Illinois is a solid Democratic state and it's in bad shape financially because of the corrupt Democrats that have been in power for decades. They're destroying our state, and people are leaving in droves. We've had 6 governor's charged with crimes, and 4 were convicted and serving terms in prison. Of the last 2 that went to jail, one was a Republican, and one was a Democrat. You can trace the corruption back to the 20's and 1800's.

It doesn't matter which way you vote. What matters is the corruption, and that exists on both sides. The Republican's are not all good, and the Democrats are not all bad, but Orange Man Bad!

Old 12-18-2018, 02:55 PM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Why do the heavily leaning Democrat States have so many homeless residents? CA, WA, OR, NY lead the way. I also read at the same time that CA and NY have 47 of the 50 wealthiest zip codes (measured by home prices). The middle class seems to have been decimated in these places. I thought the Democrat party was the party that backed middle class working families.

Is it Democrat policies, or something else? It can't be the weather..New York gets really cold.

It doesn't seem to be population density because Oregon and Washington are not densely populated (except for Seattle). The stats cited below are given as a %, not in total #'s, so its not because they are heavily populated.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/homelessn...ds-the-country

Old 12-18-2018, 02:59 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
What I don't understand is that the poor in Los Angeles or San Francisco face the exact same problems as the poor in rural West Virginia or Kentucky. Yet, conservatives think they have free reign to insult the urban poor. Imagine if liberals on this board started making threads saying people in Appalachia are stupid and lazy.

Obviously they're not, but I'm trying to make a point.
Do they not?

Old 12-18-2018, 03:02 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
Every time I watch a video on YouTube or read a Facebook article, its the same posters who often blame liberals for this and that. I was watching a video about the most states receiving California transplants and virtually all the comments were attacking liberals.

Usually I do not take anyone seriously who is quick to blame a situation on something or someone else in order to make it appear as if the answer is "simple" because its usually based out of ignorance.

With that being said I want to speak about liberal cities that have been destroyed (Detroit, St, Louis, Baltimore etc) and cities that are going through supply and demand issues affecting cost of living (LA, NYC, SF etc). I always considered the reason for the latter was the manufacturing companies who left these cities, and for the former I always figured that supply and demand and certain policies played a major part in the middle class fleeing. I have never really heard of an in demand conservative city to even compare.

So why is the liberals blamed for all of this? Is it really the liberals fault or is it really the simple fact that conservatives come from places that aren't really relevant for us to really blame them for anything?
The fact is, if you travel this country and visit cities in California or New York, you see massive divides in wealth with massive numbers of people on the streets. You do not see such things in Republican parts of the country.

To highlight the cities you mentioned as being hollowed out such as St Louis or Baltimore, those cities were indeed destroyed by decades of Democrat rule with policies, which drove out businesses and left economic deserts. Years of policies of high taxation and excessive regulation drove business out, resulting in impoverished states of existence, which conveniently keep the Democrat leadership in jobs!

Old 12-18-2018, 04:16 PM

700 posts, read 421,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The fact is, if you travel this country and visit cities in California or New York, you see massive divides in wealth with massive numbers of people on the streets. You do not see such things in Republican parts of the country.

To highlight the cities you mentioned as being hollowed out such as St Louis or Baltimore, those cities were indeed destroyed by decades of Democrat rule with policies, which drove out businesses and left economic deserts. Years of policies of high taxation and excessive regulation drove business out, resulting in impoverished states of existence, which conveniently keep the Democrat leadership in jobs!
There are almost no major conservative cities in America to begin with. So what exactly are you comparing?

Old 04-13-2019, 08:38 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,189 times
Default OK I'll be the Judge

Here's a peak of the political structure of some of our larger cities across the nation.
For far to many years than I can remember, it's been a downhill spiral.
The time is now folks, plan ahead for future elections.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...finest-cities/

Old 04-13-2019, 09:03 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Why are you spamming this? And it is three years old.

You are trying to oversimplify the world into some stupid blame-game without making any attempt to understand how the world actually works.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:15 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

You are trying to oversimplify the world into some stupid blame-game without making any attempt to understand how the world actually works.
Just passing along some points of information,

It's hard to believe some fine folks really think conditions for most urbanites has gotten better since this article was written.

White, Black, Right, Wrong, or Whatever, wakeup call is now.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:50 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
It's hard to believe some fine folks really think conditions for most urbanites has gotten better since this article was written.
I'm not defending democrats or urbanites. But I'm sick of this retarded right-wing talking-point which insists that Detroit's plight is the result of democratic incompetence.

Both the most-successful cities and the least-successful cities are democratic. Because cities are democratic.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

WOW! I didn't realize the OP was Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies