Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do think reincarnation is real?
Yes 46 31.72%
No 102 70.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 02:37 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,580,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ditto....Lilyflower, I've had some really wonderful experiences with this....and in talking to people, one person in particular, who died and came back....I've also read Edgar Casey books, and he was an awesome character with great insight.

I believe whatever you experienced helped you...why? Because I to have had several really wonderful experiences...and to me, they were and are and always will be real...no matter what anyone else says.
If Casey was so great then why was he wrong about so many things?

Old 09-28-2016, 03:15 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,594,099 times
BTW, It's spelled Cayce.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:48 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Is your certainty based on any actual substantiation you can share or is it, like always, conveniently of the form that can not be reproduced or demonstrated in any way to anyone else?

Put another way, do you have a SINGLE shred of argument, evidence, data or reasoning which supports the notion that human consciousness or sentience or person-hood or memories can survive the biological death of the brain?
I love my wife dearly and she lives in my heart. But if you take a knife and cut my heart in half, and then, will take a look at it, thru it, inside of it... you won't find there any actual substantiation, evidence, argument or data that my wife lives in my heart. I will be a liar in your eyes, but I told you truth.
As for consciousness, betcha don't know where its located in a human body and don't know its nature.
Consciousness is beyond of our physical body and has a numerous levels. Same thing with memory. In this thred I have already said that there is some different kind of memory that stored in some place of our spirit, not in brain. Average people have no access to it at all. But it is temporarily, until they spiritually grown to some spiritual level. On the other hand some people could get some spontaneous short glimpse coming from that memory, but usualy they don't realize what those pictures are all about. It could happen during nerve strain, a heavy injury, in consequence of powerful shock, etc. And I'm not talking about hallucinations or imagination games.
There are some occult sources that reveal these things to people which are ready to take this specific knowledge. That spiritual "readiness" is a must to learn these things. Otherwise, a reader will understand nothing.
To asking your question - no, I don't have any argument, evidence, data or reasoning which supports the notion that human consciousness can survive the biological death of the brain. And this is because human consciousness is not in brain. You got to learn a lot of things about occult structure of human that has almost nothing to do with the biology and anatomy.
Besides the physical (biological) body that is visible to our eyes, we have 6 more bodies (7 in total). The physical body is the lowest. Ever heard about our ether clone, astral body, mental body, manas etc.?
Besides, human has 7 energy centers (nervous plexuses). Philosophy of yoga calles them chakra. It doesn't matter if believe it or not, but these nervous centers are existing. Each and every nervous center has own consciousness, but I won't give you any details about it, cause you can find them youself in some specific books if you are interested.

As for my own experience, I can repeat one more time : reincarnation is the real thing. And this is my KNOWLEDGE, not a religious believe or a wish.

Last edited by musiqum; 09-28-2016 at 06:09 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I remember some of the dreams I had when I was a child too.
I wasn't dreaming.

Quote:
Yet there is little reason to think I am anything BUT one of the most educated people on the subject on the forum. And I have seen not just little, but NO basis at all to support any expectation of reincarnation. So by all means, educate me. I am agog.
I am not so good to educate someone. I am a bad teacher, but I will try to do it when I will see you are ready to take some knowledge on this subject. But as of now, you are enjoying your own venomous remarks and flaunting with your sarcasm.
But as the first step to your education, I can recommend you to come out from your 3D thinking. You won't understand 6-dimension things with it, even if you have a very developed and advancrd intellect.

Quote:
Citation needed.
I have just expressed a thought from the esoteric book "Secret Doctrine. The Synthesis of Science, Religion and Philosophy" by H. Blavatsky. You can read this book independently to find out alot of things that you never knew. The author was the nearest pupil of the Great Spiritual Teachers who are our gods in our understandings of things. She has direct connection with Them. So the Book is the very serious collection of the Cosmos Wisdom and Knowledge. But again, you got to climb out from your 3D mindset.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Our knowledge is not complete but it is still extensive. We understand a LOT about human consciousness.
Sorry, if I disappoint you, but we understand a little about human consciousness.
You even don't realize how far we are from even the middle of this understanding.
For instance, we have no idea what is telekinesis and how it works. What is telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudience, levitation etc. All of these phenomenas have a strong connection with human consciousness and its level of development. As I said in previous post, the spiritual human body has seven chakras which are centers of the spiritual consciousness. Our brain is just the lowest level link in the human consciousness chain. And as I said in this thread before, our brain dies and never will reincarnate. But our spiritual body with all our experience that was accumulated for ages will reincarnate in another, brand new physical body in accordance with all karmic conditions.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:45 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,962,618 times
Nozz, you keep babbaling on about evidence, or the lack of it.
I gave you evidence to look at, and coming from the spirits themselves, what more evidence could you possibly need
If the words of those who reincarnate isn't good enough for you, then there is not much hope for you.
Nothing else posted on this forum will help you.
Obviously your mind is made up not to believe,no matter what evidence is put before you.
Perhaps the best you can hope for is agree to not agree with others.
Bob.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Well, in the absence of having the Creator explain it to me personally, I can only offer speculation, based on other accounts of spiritual teachings ...

If indeed we have a "soul", which I believe we do ... and the purpose of life is to learn and develop our souls in the same sense that a human being is born, then that a baby becomes a toddler, then a young child, on to a teenager, and then an adult, all the while growing and learning ... our souls must go through a growth process as well as our physical beings.

Now, if you really think about that, how much can you possibly learn in a single lifetime, as say a plumber? Given the multitude of possibilities for which human beings could experience, how much knowledge and experience could you attain ? What would you know and understand about being a poor working class person, if you were born to a wealthy family, never actually having to experience the hardships that are part of that situation?

A single life would be like studying only one subject in school, your entire educational life ... like Math. You might end up being great at math, but what of English, History, Science, Philosophy? You wouldn't be a very well educated person.

Hmm?
Your thinking is in a correct way! You have my respect!

Old 09-28-2016, 06:54 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,982,242 times
Its probably the most logical thing to happen after death. Energy never ceases to exist. Its a probably a constant recycling pattern

Old 09-28-2016, 07:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This is what bothers me about some of your more vocal atheists. They see a story like this and they have no qualms whatsoever about trying to crush the hope and relief you felt from your experience. They have this insatiable need to crap all over your comfort and crush it with their own nihilism to satiate their sense of superiority or their fears of the unknown. You cannot fear what does not exist, and the source of your comfort is the wedge in the door they thought they had slammed shut that forces them to confront what they do not understand.
Not saying all atheists are like this, but 99% of the ones I've met are bitter and mean-spirited, snarky and dour. They go out of their way to mock those who believe, as though they're smarter. I guess it makes them feel superior, which says a lot.

I've met less than a dozen in my life and only met one who treated other people respectfully.

I guess not having anything larger than oneself, and not having faith during dark times, can make a person miserable.

Or perhaps naturally miserable people are attracted to nothingness as a way to punish those they seem to dislike the most - themselves. It's the old chicken or the egg debate.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:10 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
I have visions that I was present when Jesus Christ was executed for the sins of man.....I think I was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies