Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 04:21 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You take 2 toxic pharma drugs per your own admission.

Better check your supplements too. Big money to be made there putting god knows what into pill casings in a warehouse in Costa Rica and selling it as various extracts and vitamins.

Lol...you're telling me the pharmas are the only ones angling for money and that means the supplements etc. aren't impacted by greed? That's incredibly naïve.

Here's your first one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau

Because I take my supps I don't go for those mega amounts of High Priced Tests pushed/sold by Pharma;

mammograms (had 2 in my 50"s)
colonoscopies (never)
MRI's (had 1 after hip replacement mess)
CT scans (never)
xrays (had a few in my long life)
Bone Density (had 1)

I know they give them to the public for free.

I don't buy my supps at walmart, and costco, I'd guess they are cheapest kind found.

Who says the supplement world SHOULD not make money?

Yes, I take a couple meds and wish I didn't have to. Went for 10 miserable years with a sluggish thyroid and slapped with 10 yrs of anti depressant drugs as the MD's and endos lived by their numbers, not symptoms.

Blood pressure meds, yes, and boy I tried for years to not get on these lifelong drugs.

I know of Kevin Trudeau, and he exposed a lot to the people who's heads are in the sand.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:41 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
who?
what 'financial interests'?

cites please.
Anyone who points out the deficiencies of alternative medicine is automatically accused of working for "Big Pharma".

Old 09-29-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You do NOT know it all.
Please provide a link to a scientific source describing the physiologic mechanism by which a "sternal injury" causes asthma. I would be very interested in reading it.

Quote:
Because I take my supps I don't go for those mega amounts of High Priced Tests pushed/sold by Pharma;
None of the tests you describe are "pushed/sold by Pharma".

"Pharma" does not sell tests.

"Pharma" does not order tests.

Screening colonoscopy reduces the number of and deaths from colon cancer.

MMS: Error

Mammography is controversial, primarily with questions about which women who should have it, at what age it should be offered, and how often it should be done. Right now it is the best test we have for breast cancer screening.

Bone density scans can identify people with osteoporosis in time to offer them treatment before they get hip and spinal fractures.

Radiologic procedures should only be done with a clear indication.

None of the tests are "given to the public for free". They have to be paid for, either out of pocket, by commercial insurance (premiums) or for Medicare, Federal taxes. Some screening tests may have no out of pocket costs, but they are not "free".

No matter what your "supps" cost, you have absolutely no way of being sure what is in them.

Why should the companies that make prescription medications not make a profit? I agree that some recent price increases have been egregious, but those are not typical. My meds are very reasonable (I take two that are free at Publix). Most of the big companies have assistance programs for those who cannot afford medication.

Trudeau is in prison for fraud.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:34 PM

Why do YOU care what is in my supps, I look at them all very carefully. Every thing needs fillers including the pharma drugs.

Where did I ever say that pharma should NOT make profits...but come on they are pigs at profits. What do they pay for their TV ads for their drugs...do you know this answer?

I was thinking of celebrex but when I checked prices even at costco which can be lower prices, I said NO WAY...good thing as there are plenty of possible side effects with that drug...look at the vioxx issue.

So I've found a Cox 2 herbal inhibitor for $11 for 90 tabs to replace the damaging ibuprofen which kept my BP elevated...Good Grief..where does it end with the side effects.

I had assistance from county when I was trying to get my thyroid helped and MD kept slapping me with A/D's for depression, when it was thyroid all those 10 yrs. Please, don't tell me where I've been. 10 yrs of dismissing thyroid dsyfunction due to their nutty numbers...we are NOT numbers. Oh what I've learned from this long long time of misery.

I posted about sternum injury and asthma, look for it as I'm not doing it again.

Medical industry/pharma world SELLS all those tests I mentioned. You don't think we pay for them?

Old 09-29-2016, 10:35 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
Please provide a link to a scientific source...
I dont think we can provide ANY LINK to you Suzy,you deny everything except what your company says should be TRUE and its sad.... Its sad because they only want you thinking THE WAY THEY WANT YOU THINKING!! -- They dont want you entertaining the real truth....

We have tried to help ya!! -- We care alot about you but anything that is shown to you you discredit straight away!!

Old 09-30-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Why do YOU care what is in my supps, I look at them all very carefully. Every thing needs fillers including the pharma drugs.

Where did I ever say that pharma should NOT make profits...but come on they are pigs at profits. What do they pay for their TV ads for their drugs...do you know this answer?

I was thinking of celebrex but when I checked prices even at costco which can be lower prices, I said NO WAY...good thing as there are plenty of possible side effects with that drug...look at the vioxx issue.

So I've found a Cox 2 herbal inhibitor for $11 for 90 tabs to replace the damaging ibuprofen which kept my BP elevated...Good Grief..where does it end with the side effects.

I had assistance from county when I was trying to get my thyroid helped and MD kept slapping me with A/D's for depression, when it was thyroid all those 10 yrs. Please, don't tell me where I've been. 10 yrs of dismissing thyroid dsyfunction due to their nutty numbers...we are NOT numbers. Oh what I've learned from this long long time of misery.

I posted about sternum injury and asthma, look for it as I'm not doing it again.

Medical industry/pharma world SELLS all those tests I mentioned. You don't think we pay for them?
If your herbal product is truly a COX-2 inhibitor it will have the same risks and side effects of a prescription COX-2 inhibitor. Of course, there is no way to know for sure what your herbal product contains, no matter how "reputable" the supplier is or how much it costs.

You posted a link to a discussion board, not a peer reviewed journal describing how an injury to the sternum would cause asthma.

We already know you are convinced you know more about everything medical than doctors do. You might want to read up on the placebo effect.

You did not say "Medical industry/pharma world" in your previous post. You said "Pharma". "Pharma" does not "sell" tests.

You also said those tests were free. Which is it? Are they "sold" or "free".

Old 09-30-2016, 04:12 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:

mammograms (had 2 in my 50"s)
colonoscopies (never)
MRI's (had 1 after hip replacement mess)
CT scans (never)
xrays (had a few in my long life)
Bone Density (had 1)

I know they give them to the public for free.

I don't buy my supps at walmart, and costco, I'd guess they are cheapest kind found.

Who says the supplement world SHOULD not make money?

Yes, I take a couple meds and wish I didn't have to. Went for 10 miserable years with a sluggish thyroid and slapped with 10 yrs of anti depressant drugs as the MD's and endos lived by their numbers, not symptoms.

Blood pressure meds, yes, and boy I tried for years to not get on these lifelong drugs.

I know of Kevin Trudeau, and he exposed a lot to the people who's heads are in the sand.

Just read this thread.

One must simply ask, is the quality of health care better now, or in the 1500s?

A collection of individual anecdotes and opinions does not equate to dozens of randomized, double blinded, prospective studies. The fact that one would embrace anecdotes over true science speaks for itself. The level of idiocy in this thread is impossible to address in one response, as it would be like discussing quantum mechanics with a first grader.

PT Barnum was right.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:17 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
It's a huge game that has been going on for decades.

There was talking about "curing" the common cold when I was a kid.

And forget that "run for cancer cures". Cancer is mega business.

My sister counted on mega $1000's in drugs to slow down the MS she is challenged with, she is
totally worse and has so declined.

It's NOT in the Industry's best interests to CURE AND HEAL. They have to answer to stockholders, major pharma companies....

Keep developing drugs to keep more bandaids going, keep patients coming back.

And Keep THEM all employed.

A game they play and MOST fall for it.

Pharma Industry isn't the only game in town, but a huge one.
If you fell this strong, when you get sick or have an injury, do NOT go to a doctor and take the medicine he prescribes or if hurt do NOT use the aids he recommends like crutches, X-Rays, MRI's, surgeries, Chemo, etc.

Or are you all talk and no action?

And get as many people as you can to NOT use the prescribed drugs.

Your fight won't last too long,I assure you.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you fell this strong, when you get sick or have an injury, do NOT go to a doctor and take the medicine he prescribes or if hurt do NOT use the aids he recommends like crutches, X-Rays, MRI's, surgeries, Chemo, etc.

Or are you all talk and no action?

And get as many people as you can to NOT use the prescribed drugs.

Your fight won't last too long,I assure you.
I had a bad hip issue (groin issue) and ended up with a botched hip replacement in 2010. I was 72. I'm 78 and IF I ever get sick I'll deal with it. That is why I take all I do to keep from being sick and at the mercy of the conventional docs and their drugs.

No one knows what the future holds but for now at 78, I'm healthy and don't run to doctors for their "advice"..to me that is not advice but putting their bandaid drugs on the issues.

I take OPC's for 21 yrs and hopefully this antioxidant class will keep me from cancers.

So far they've gotten me off allergy drugs and seeing an allergist.

My gums are healthy and I have not been in a dental chair for over 5 yrs. Same with eye doctor...eyes are still strong and no cataracts.

All the naysayers, keep taking your drugs, the pharma world needs YOU.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:09 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
I had a bad hip issue (groin issue) and ended up with a botched hip replacement in 2010. I was 72. I'm 78 and IF I ever get sick I'll deal with it. That is why I take all I do to keep from being sick and at the mercy of the conventional docs and their drugs.

No one knows what the future holds but for now at 78, I'm healthy and don't run to doctors for their "advice"..to me that is not advice but putting their bandaid drugs on the issues.

I take OPC's for 21 yrs and hopefully this antioxidant class will keep me from cancers.

So far they've gotten me off allergy drugs and seeing an allergist.

My gums are healthy and I have not been in a dental chair for over 5 yrs. Same with eye doctor...eyes are still strong and no cataracts.

All the naysayers, keep taking your drugs, the pharma worlds needs YOU.
Wow-

1. "botched" hip surgery- who did it? Did you have other symptoms that were referred to your hip (degen from L4/L5, torch bursa, IT band)?

2. Did you do your PT and continue to do so post op?

3. Do you have lumbar spinal stenosis confirmed/refuted via lumbar MRI?

4. Life expectancy for males has increased form age 49 to age 82 for males in 200 years. Was this due to herbal medicine?

5. Do you know that MOST herbal medicines do not even have the "active ingredient" they advertise?

6. Did you know that even when "herbal medicines" have a componant of the "drug" that they presume to provide, that there actually less than 5% of the "advertised" drug?

Thank God we have modern medicine and not "anecdotes from grandpa" (as you advocate). Otherwise we would still be using leaches and kill cats (I like them) to "prevent" disease.

Go to medical school (at least before you die) and come back and talk to me. I have published over 20 papers in the peer reviewed medical literature, taught at two med schools, and have practiced post fellowship for 28 years.

God help the blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies