Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 06:46 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Fluoride does not accumulate in soft tissues. About 99% is found in bones and teeth.

The study correlating lower IQ with higher fluoride was done in countries with areas with extremely high natural fluoride levels. The study did not prove causation and has no relevance to fluoridation of water.

Does Fluoride Lower IQs? | Campaign for Dental Health

Too much fluoride can cause skeletal fluorosis and joint pain. It takes a lot of fluoride over a long period of time to do it. See the information from Barbara Greenberg here:

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Wh...ntal_fluorosis

"A threshold intake for adults of 10 mg fluoride per day for 10-20 years would be needed before skeletal fluorosis is likely to develop. Skeletal fluorosis results from chronic exposure to fluoride at levels greater than 4 ppm in drinking water."

Fluoridated US water contains 1.0 ppm, or 1 mg per liter. That means someone would have to drink 10 liters every day for 10 to 20 years.

Skeletal fluorosis is rare in the US.

There is no clear evidence that the amount of fluoride in drinking water affects thyroid function.

Fluoride does not cause dental problems; it prevents them.
There are decades of info on the damage done. Depends who's info you choose to read. Read the CDC, they love the stuff. The pro or the anti F info. It will NEVER feel right to me thinking back to the history and the profits made from this waste material.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:14 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There are decades of info on the damage done. Depends who's info you choose to read. Read the CDC, they love the stuff. The pro or the anti F info. It will NEVER feel right to me thinking back to the history and the profits made from this waste material.
You can call it "waste" if you want to. I read newspapers made from recycled "waste" paper. I have fleece clothing made from recycled "waste" plastic bottles. "Waste" is used by the anti-fluoride folks because of the connotation of the word. It does not matter whether fluoride comes from water that leaches it out of rocks or whether it is recycled from an industrial process. Fluoride is fluoride.

You will believe what you want to believe and find dreck to believe in published by those who believe what you believe.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

Old 10-11-2016, 07:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Last year I could barely move the fist few minutes on my feet after standing from a sitting position. I usually work six or eight months in steel toe work boots on concrete floors. I have tried all forms of slip in insoles - it wasn't until I tried the appliance that I had any relief and it did work pretty fast. When I got laid off I did not wear it because, by that time, I felt 'cured'. The little piece of latex in the stretch nylon over sock is probably about a half inch thick in the middle. However; I do not know the height of the insole that was in my work shoes. Whatever the thickness was under my arch; it was right for me. I also always wore those over my socks and not under the sock - that might help people that are sensitive to latex?

These inserts are very cheap. I actually forget the name of the one I used because I have not purchased them for some time. I will check the nest time I go to my supermarket where I bought them. Some of the people I gave the right side to did feel they improved and others not so much. All I am saying is try one of these and see if it helps. The way the one podiatrist told me this plantar fasciitis works is that it starts healing and then we tear it again and again when we get up. So, if you can keep it in the exact same position; it will eventually heal.
I will try if it gets bad enough but the doctor had given me special inserts and they made the pain worse. Now that doesn't mean these would be worse but really low on money right now and the socks do seem to help but I just get tired of wearing them.
The thing that conflicts me about tearing it again is you have to walk. No one can really live a bed ridden life even in short periods unless they are REALLY sick. I'm also trying to maintain my weight too so even though I'm somewhat sedentary I still like to move some every day.

Quote:
Take food to work so you are not having dinner at 11 PM.
I don't work but sometimes I have errands that run late and will have to eat when I get home but it doesn't happen everyday.

Quote:
Neither the gastritis nor the IUD have anything to do with plantar fasciitis. See here:

Plantar fasciitis - Mayo Clinic

Note there is no mention of gastritis or IUDs in the discussion.
I don't care if it's not mentioned in the discussion. They did not study my body so it doesn't mean it's not true for me and I don't believe in what I read unless I've seen it. I treat everything I read with a skeptic mind because people lie. You may think because it's a hospital they can't lie or misdiagnose but if you don't believe my OB doctor when they tell me the IUD can shift then why would you trust the Mayo Clinic?
I said this before and I'll say it again: if science was always right I would be a TV character because almost nothing about me makes scientific sense. You keep ignoring this point

Quote:
If your IUD contains a hormone, then the acne may be related to that.
No it doesn't have a hormone but anything foreign in the body can anger your hormones for a while. The acne seems to be better but for a while of adjusting it was worse than I ever had it.

Quote:
All women have chin hairs. As we age a few get longer.
I had started to get them a year or two ago but only around my period. Now since the IUD insertion they have never gone away and my body shouldn't be doing that yet because I am a late bloomer (I didn't have my period until I was almost 18) I know they're only a few but they're still abnormal for me

Quote:
You are doing something to your feet that keeps damaging the plantar fascia. The IUD is not doing anything to your feet. Neither is the gastritis.
Oh so you've been watching me on a day to day basis? I have the same routine as before the IUD insertion. I haven't been doing anything different that would stress my feet more.

Quote:
No, gastritis will not cause your feet to hurt. The nervous system is not connected that way.

Okay you believe what you want. I obviously can't convince you that it's very likely that my stomach is my second brain but I don't really blame you because you've never experienced what I have and you may think I'm lying too (though I do think you should keep an open mind especially since you completely ignored that my doctor said something that even you don't agree with)

Quote:
The relationship between Vitamin D and gastritis is complicated. Most people who are deficient do not get enough sun and do not consume enough D, especially if they do not consume several servings of dairy products each day. Low levels of D may actually predispose to a certain kind of gastritis.
Yeah Vitamin D could be part of the cause but as I said the thing that confused me is I take a walk everyday so how would I not be getting enough sun?

Quote:
Drugs upon more drugs are plain and simple adding more toxins to the body. You can see it in a person's color and eyes on all the toxic drugs they are taking. I see it enough in ladies I play bridge with those on a loads of medications.

Just hearing Jessie Ventura going off on the pharma drugs and opiates and if Prince had used MJ vs all the drugs, he could be alive today. Jessie will be in our town for a book signing at B&N this week. In my good days, I would have been at that book signing and fight the crowds to hear him in person. I've always listened to him with a positive ear.
I don't know about Prince and I've never heard of Jessie Ventura but the world also lost Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson to pharmaceuticals. Of course I'm not even sure Elvis really died when they said he did (I wasn't even thought about yet) but it was clear that it affected his health when you look at videos.

Quote:
. Not that I have great faith in the FDA antics.
Me neither. The FDA is a government entity and the government has never been my friend. The government let someone take almost 300 dollars of my hard earned money from me. The government lets Comcast run rampant as a monopoly. The government has organizations that pretend to help me with a job and they don't. They don't care about my health. It's all about making money so I shouldn't trust anything they say as it's partly because of them I have had long time depression.
Maybe when the pro drug people have been lied to or contradicted enough like I have, they would know to only trust what they saw and not have so much faith in people just because they have a degree.

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-11-2016 at 07:58 PM..

Old 10-11-2016, 08:25 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't work but sometimes I have errands that run late and will have to eat when I get home but it doesn't happen everyday.
Good grief. If you don't work, schedule your errands so you can be home in time for dinner or take snacks with you.

Quote:
I don't care if it's not mentioned in the discussion. They did not study my body so it doesn't mean it's not true for me and I don't believe in what I read unless I've seen it. I treat everything I read with a skeptic mind because people lie. You may think because it's a hospital they can't lie or misdiagnose but if you don't believe my OB doctor when they tell me the IUD can shift then why would you trust the Mayo Clinic?
I said this before and I'll say it again: if science was always right I would be a TV character because almost nothing about me makes scientific sense. You keep ignoring this point
My suspicion is that you misinterpreted something your OB said. There is no physical way for an IUD to "shift and cause ovary pain".

Quote:
No it doesn't have a hormone but anything foreign in the body can anger your hormones for a while. The acne seems to be better but for a while of adjusting it was worse than I ever had it.
If your IUD does not contain hormones it will have no effect on your hormones. Period.

Quote:
I had started to get them a year or two ago but only around my period. Now since the IUD insertion they have never gone away and my body shouldn't be doing that yet because I am a late bloomer (I didn't have my period until I was almost 18) I know they're only a few but they're still abnormal for me
You may not like having them but they are normal. There is no way to get longer chin hairs "just around your period". Hairs do not get that much longer in the space of a few days.

Quote:
Oh so you've been watching me on a day to day basis? I have the same routine as before the IUD insertion. I haven't been doing anything different that would stress my feet more.
You said above: "The thing that conflicts me about tearing it again is you have to walk. No one can really live a bed ridden life even in short periods unless they are REALLY sick. I'm also trying to maintain my weight too so even though I'm somewhat sedentary I still like to move some every day."

Just walking can cause the fasciitis to flare up. Once the fascia has been damaged it does not take much to re-injure it.

Quote:
Okay you believe what you want. I obviously can't convince you that it's very likely that my stomach is my second brain but I don't really blame you because you've never experienced what I have and you may think I'm lying too (though I do think you should keep an open mind especially since you completely ignored that my doctor said something that even you don't agree with)
I think that you have misinterpreted something your doctor said. There is no biologically plausible way the IUD can have any affect on your medical problems.

Quote:
Yeah Vitamin D could be part of the cause but as I said the thing that confused me is I take a walk everyday so how would I not be getting enough sun?
We now know it is hard for a lot of people to get enough vitamin D from sun exposure. It's something you need to talk to your doctor about.

Quote:
Of course I'm not even sure Elvis really died when they said he did (I wasn't even thought about yet) but it was clear that it affected his health when you look at videos.
Okay ...

Quote:
Me neither. The FDA is a government entity and the government has never been my friend. The government let someone take almost 300 dollars of my hard earned money from me. The government lets Comcast run rampant as a monopoly. The government has organizations that pretend to help me with a job and they don't. They don't care about my health. It's all about making money so I shouldn't trust anything they say as it's partly because of them I have had long time depression.
Maybe when the pro drug people have been lied to or contradicted enough like I have, they would know to only trust what they saw and not have so much faith in people just because they have a degree.
And okay ...

Old 10-11-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You can call it "waste" if you want to. I read newspapers made from recycled "waste" paper. I have fleece clothing made from recycled "waste" plastic bottles. "Waste" is used by the anti-fluoride folks because of the connotation of the word. It does not matter whether fluoride comes from water that leaches it out of rocks or whether it is recycled from an industrial process. Fluoride is fluoride.

You will believe what you want to believe and find dreck to believe in published by those who believe what you believe.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
We're not ingesting newspaper.

We're talking waste by product turned into a fluoride added to our waters.

For those who feel they NEED "F" buy toothpaste with "F". No they have to fluoridate us and our foods and don't forget the pets.

Suzy, we'll just never agree. You believe your SCIENCE and I'll believe my SCIENCE.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:53 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
You may not like having them but they are normal. There is no way to get longer chin hairs "just around your period". Hairs do not get that much longer in the space of a few days.
I did not say they grew a huge amount but they did grow. They are probably not even noticeable to most people but they did grow enough for me to really notice.

Quote:
My suspicion is that you misinterpreted something your OB said. There is no physical way for an IUD to "shift and cause ovary pain".
I'm very confident that she used the word ovary pain and shift. She didn't say anything about puncturing the wall. She said it could happen every now and then. I may not remember her exact words but I know that she wasn't saying it was a serious thing..it was normal for it to shift sometimes. If I could videotape her saying it I would but not sure that's legal or plausible.

Quote:
You said above: "The thing that conflicts me about tearing it again is you have to walk. No one can really live a bed ridden life even in short periods unless they are REALLY sick. I'm also trying to maintain my weight too so even though I'm somewhat sedentary I still like to move some every day."

Just walking can cause the fasciitis to flare up. Once the fascia has been damaged it does not take much to re-injure it.
Yes no duh but it didn't flare up again before the IUD as I said and even if it did I could use acupressure before. I've walked everyday for a long time. Why would it affect me now and not then?

Quote:
There is no biologically plausible way the IUD can have any affect on your medical problems.
If it can make your periods heavier and cause you to have worse cramps then anything is possible. Periods are a natural thing and when they are messed with in any way it would make sense that your body would react to the object causing the abnormality...at least until it gets used to it anyway. It's kinda like when you sleep at a certain time your body is used to the routine so you won't get tired until that time and if you believe so much in science, you would have to agree that any disruption in routine can cause the body to react.

Quote:
And okay ...
Roll your eyes all you want but it is all true things that happened to me. When you have been taken advantage of like I have, you learn to trust your own mind more than anything else.

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-11-2016 at 09:23 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 12:33 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
We're not ingesting newspaper.

We're talking waste by product turned into a fluoride added to our waters.

For those who feel they NEED "F" buy toothpaste with "F". No they have to fluoridate us and our foods and don't forget the pets.

Suzy, we'll just never agree. You believe your SCIENCE and I'll believe my SCIENCE.
There is just science. You don't have your own version of it. You believe what you read is correct. That is faith. If it were science there would be double blind studies to prove it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-12-2016, 09:03 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is just science. You don't have your own version of it. You believe what you read is correct. That is faith. If it were science there would be double blind studies to prove it.
There was an interesting segment on CBS Sunday Morning. this past weekend. about the "Placebo Effect" showing that humans are highly suggestible creatures. Ted Kaptchuk from Harvard Medical School ran a study that showed 60% of people reported they got better even though they knew they were taking a placebo. They mention fake pills work only in certain cases, not for things like cancer or lowering one's cholesterol, but for those symptoms where the brain can modulate by themselves. Just the act of taking a pill, even a fake one, can coax the brain into producing it's own helpful chemicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41nvPEn5ZQo

Old 10-12-2016, 11:18 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
There was an interesting segment on CBS Sunday Morning. this past weekend. about the "Placebo Effect" showing that humans are highly suggestible creatures. Ted Kaptchuk from Harvard Medical School ran a study that showed 60% of people reported they got better even though they knew they were taking a placebo. They mention fake pills work only in certain cases, not for things like cancer or lowering one's cholesterol, but for those symptoms where the brain can modulate by themselves. Just the act of taking a pill, even a fake one, can coax the brain into producing it's own helpful chemicals.

Based upon what I have read, this seems to be totally true.

I wonder if it is the brain causing the symptoms to begin with (say headaches), so a placebo just gives the brain the trigger to stop it?

As opposed to breaking your leg. Does the placebo assist the brain to take an action to stop the pain?

........... I guess I should watch your video!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-12-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm not a scientist but a consumer and trying and working to keep healthy to my end of this life.

You can line up 100 plus scientists and they will all have their scientific facts and research etc etc etc

For those who have an interest and OPEN MIND, here is testimony of Dr. Hirzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRLz4a7lDVM

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-12-2016 at 11:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies