Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 06:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Who is they? Like Clear Channel? Who owns a lot of the radio broadcasting?
Cumulus/Clear Channel I believe he said.

Last edited by jimj; 09-26-2016 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Corporation change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 06:55 PM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Who is they? Like Clear Channel? Who owns a lot of the radio broadcasting?
In DML's case it was NewsMax who told him not to make positive comments about Trump or they would drop him, he told them to eff off and made his comment .. they immediately shut his program down and then booted him out. Hannity and Limbaugh are being dropped by stations.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:57 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Cerberus/Clear Channel I believe he said.
Sounds like it's the ESPN case, where a private company cares more about advertising and revenue over politics.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:59 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
In DML's case it was NewsMax who told him not to make positive comments about Trump or they would drop him, he told them to eff off and made his comment .. they immediately shut his program down and then booted him out. Hannity and Limbaugh are being dropped by stations.
NewsMax, the online news source, has a top page story suggesting the State Dept aided in Clinton's coverup. Not sure they are some liberal media conglomerate.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Seems to be a contract issue actually with the Talk Radio Network. He was able to be released from a contract he did not like. He also won $1 million in arbitration according the the NBC affiliate in SF.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:33 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's about the LAW and the Constitution for me. I don't agree with all Laws, but I DO believe that there is a proper way to handle disagreements - that's what our Nation is all about. The Constitution gives the people a lot of Freedoms, it defines what the Politicians have the rights & obligations to do and we have a Judiciary that is supposed to look out for all of us.

That's NOT where this Nation stands today - we have a "New Normal" and it's Chipping away at our Constitutional Freedoms. I find it extremely worrisome. People need to pay some serious attention to this stuff.

Saw this today - is this also going to be a "New Normal"? It's 3rd World Totalitarian tactics.
What is going on here?

Talk Radio Host Michael Savage Abruptly Removed From Radio, Claims ‘Sabotage’ |5:14 pm Eastern Standard Time

I'm not a fan of Talk Radio, just as I'm not a fan of Cable News or TV in almost any form. I read - a LOT.
I'm aware of who Michael Savage is - The Savage Nation is a nationally syndicated talk show that is the second most listened-to radio talk show in the country with an audience of over 20 million listeners on 400 stations across the United States - he was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. He is a Trump supporter - is that really a good enough reason to cut his show? Just because he has a viewpoint that others disagree with?

They suddenly cut him off in his home area - the New York Tri-State area, replacing him with another show. When he revealed that in the rest of his markets - they Cut that off and replaced his show with a Recorded Show.

THAT is Serious Business - is this where we are headed? Political Censorship?
The NEW NORMAL in our Transformed America? Is this what we Really want?

Pay attention Folks .... NONE of this is looking good.
We used to have Hannity in our area. Suddenly he was replaced by Savage. And Savage boasted how many stations in the country let Hannity go in favor of him. I gathered he doesn't like Hannity much. I've listen to him sometimes in the car because I like to hear different viewpoints. But then I have to turn him off cause I can't take him anymore. Anyway, he was always begging his listeners to vote for him to be inducted. This has nothing to do with Trump, maybe it's just karma for what he did to Hannity.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:13 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyboots View Post
Savage works at the whim of his boss, he made them mad, they shut him down. He will find a home at the Trump News Network.

Where's it located?

Old 09-27-2016, 08:28 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Seems to be a contract issue actually with the Talk Radio Network. He was able to be released from a contract he did not like. He also won $1 million in arbitration according the the NBC affiliate in SF.
And all of this just has to be done on the day of the first debate? Say it ain't so!

Old 09-27-2016, 08:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Welcome to the world where private sector radio hiring and firing is not controlled by the constitution or much else.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:37 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
They need a liberal voice to replace him, talk radio is too right wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies