Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 01:00 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I cant understand, if the person not attacking the cop, hand in full sight, not running away, even if he was running away. The cop live is not in danger. Then why does the cop have to kill the person.

if he running away they can catch him another day, that still doesn't give them the right to shoot them. even if the guy has a gun, it could be on the seat or even holding it. as long as its not pointed at the cop. No reason to kill him

even if the guy not obey the cop commands, if he not a threat to the cop, no right to kill him.

I was scared, doesn't fly, still no right.

I feel the guy has to raise the gun, point the gun, and fire a round before a cop can kill someone legally. I don't think the cop can make the first move. They could standoff all day.

it getting where a cop can legally shoot you if you have a legal gun, at your house, locked in the gun safe, with no ammo, thirty miles away. if you have a gun permit, they can legal shoot you.

not just shoot the kid when in seconds of arriving.

I was having a good laugh enjoying your sarcasm 'til I realized you were serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 01:05 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Just by the way you have replied tells me you aren't thinking clearly..

There is no law that describes what a person should do on a traffic stop abet not delaying or obstructing an officer in the performance of their duties

You have nothing to fear if you act rationally..listen to appropriate instructions ..for example..you decide for whatever reason to get out of your car and we reply... hey..get back in your car please we are on an 8 lane highway with cars whizzing by at 70 mph..do I really need to tell you what you are doing is placing BOTH of us at risk?

Or...you decide to get out wearing your trenchcoat with your hands in your pockets and walk back on me before I even have the chance to approach you...and tell you why I'm there

Or..perhaps you're a social justice warrior..your right of course..and decide to get out to push some agenda of personal freedom while placing me at a heightened sense of danger to my self preservation..

Perhaps you're innocently ignorant to the world and the dangers that are out there and are upset because you got pulled over by the police...how could you..the perfect person possibly have ever done anything wrong..so you run up to proffer your innocence...

Lastly..maybe you're a truly bad actor and want to kill a policeman and have no intention of being stopped in whatever sick life pursuit you are engaged in..so you WANT a confrontation...and you are'nt afraid of anything...as a matter of fact you think it a chit in your hat to take us on..

We have seconds to figure out your intentions...we cannot be mistaken..good or bad..
A good decision..we stay alive..you get an appropriate outcome

A bad decision ...we lose our freedoms... Our livelihood..our lives..

We choose this.. we need the appropriate support in making those decisions by sound laws..good mental health counseling for the masses..less drugs in the world...

Don't get dropped on your head...

And..go on a ride along...

or he is from a foreign country and unfamiliar with "Police protocol"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies