Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 05:07 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...hell, they were the main supporters of slavery and Jim Crow too!

Supporting Trump is no stretch.
The democrats were supporters of Jim Crow.. as you trying to say black Christians were for the KKK and Jim Crow laws?

It is like today. Democrats are for abortion. Democrats go to church and still support abortion. Same with the democrats.. they said they were Christian and supported the KKK and Jim Crow laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Now YOUR party is. FACT
Democrats don't care about black people. They want them to destroy themselves with abortions, shooting one another, with drugs.. ever look at what Margaret Sanger said about blacks ?

Margaret Sanger is admired by Hillary.

You better step away from MSNBC and their blatant lies.. how they can feed you those lies and you buy it.. I don't care who you vote for, but don't stay blind to the fact the democrats and the Rinos are destroying this country and its people.

The ruling class rules us down here and we are all races. Not just blacks.. they want to stay in power and you can bet they will try anything they can to stay in power. It is not a racial issue , it is a power issue. They are trying to make it a racial issue to stay in power .

It is a global elitist opposition to keep blacks in the ghettos, keep whites and all races down. Blacks are hurt the most I will say. The democrats just want to keep them coming back to need them so they can get their vote for power. Many very smart blacks don't have a job. You must know this.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You are incorrect. Republicans opposed Civil Rights. In fact, their Presidential primary nominee Barry Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights movement and ran on that platform. Many southern Democrats switched parties because they did not endorse the Civil Rights movement and did not agree with their fellow Democrats. Strom Thurmond famously switched parties and became a Republican.
Only one dixiecrat joined the republican party. The rest stayed democrats. Many more Republicans than Democrats voted to pass the civil rights act.

Funny you bring up Barry Goldwater. Hillary was a Goldwater girl.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:26 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,199,787 times
Because they are hypocrites, they are naively believing someone who has barely set foot in a church, or they have truly sold their souls.

"There are countries in Europe where the church is set back for decades and decades, because they have been stained by how they sold their soul for power..."

Philip Yancey Dumbfounded Evangelicals Support Trump, 'Who Stands Against Everything That Christianity Believes'

Old 09-28-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
You are right..... Conservative Southerners were democrats during Jim Crow. I am glad you understand history.
MANY PE0PLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS...The CONSERVATIVE southerners were the democrats that did not want to CHANGE.. MEANING CONSERVATIVE AND STAY RACIST AND SUPPORT THE KKK AND JIM CROW.. the liberal democrats ... liberal meaning change , wanted to change their racist ways and do away with the KKK and Jim Crow..

CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS... STAY WITH THE SAME STANDARDS , BELIEFS / RACIST DEMOCRATS STAYED RACIST

THEY WERE NOT CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS..

LIBERAL DEMOCRATS ... CHANGE THEIR STANDARDS AND BELIEFS.. DEMOCRATS WHO WANTED TO DO AWAY WITH RACISM

Old 09-28-2016, 05:37 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,858,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
MANY PE0PLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS...The CONSERVATIVE southerners were the democrats that did not want to CHANGE.. MEANING CONSERVATIVE AND STAY RACIST AND SUPPORT THE KKK AND JIM CROW.. the liberal democrats ... liberal meaning change , wanted to change their racist ways and do away with the KKK and Jim Crow..

CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS... STAY WITH THE SAME STANDARDS , BELIEFS / RACIST DEMOCRATS STAYED RACIST

THEY WERE NOT CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS..

LIBERAL DEMOCRATS ... CHANGE THEIR STANDARDS AND BELIEFS.. DEMOCRATS WHO WANTED TO DO AWAY WITH RACISM
Finally you get it. Not a single liberal in the 1960s supported the KKK, or Jim Crow. When LBJ said he lost the South for a generation, he wasn't talking about liberal Democrats up north who stayed with the D's, he was talking about the Dixiecrats who switched over to the GOP.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:38 PM

9,806 posts, read 7,623,641 times
I'm voting for Trump because I want someone fresh, outside government, without millions of dollars of donations/bribes over decades, to go in and clean up government, get rid of useless programs, hire the best advisors, appoint the smartest people, and reduce the amount of taxes/regulations to improve business and hiring.

Our church helps some of the poorest people in the country - instead of food pantries, we'd love to host job fairs. Times are tough for many families. I hope the change in leadership will bring more opportunities for these families, and for everyone. Right now we see hopelessness, drugs, abuse.

As a side note, we are a multi-racial church with many mixed race families. We also have have a high percentage of families who have adopted older children of different races. And members volunteer their time to help in areas with flooding and oversees at refugee camps. We don't hate gays, or the poor, or even Liberals. In fact, we're commanded to love everyone, even Hillary. I'd say we are pretty typical of Christian evangelicals today.

Would I vote for Trump as our pastor? No. Will I vote for him to manage the executive branch of the government? Of course.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:35 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,858,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I'm voting for Trump because I want someone fresh, outside government, without millions of dollars of donations/bribes over decades, to go in and clean up government, get rid of useless programs, hire the best advisors, appoint the smartest people, and reduce the amount of taxes/regulations to improve business and hiring.

Our church helps some of the poorest people in the country - instead of food pantries, we'd love to host job fairs. Times are tough for many families. I hope the change in leadership will bring more opportunities for these families, and for everyone. Right now we see hopelessness, drugs, abuse.

As a side note, we are a multi-racial church with many mixed race families. We also have have a high percentage of families who have adopted older children of different races. And members volunteer their time to help in areas with flooding and oversees at refugee camps. We don't hate gays, or the poor, or even Liberals. In fact, we're commanded to love everyone, even Hillary. I'd say we are pretty typical of Christian evangelicals today.

Would I vote for Trump as our pastor? No. Will I vote for him to manage the executive branch of the government? Of course.
Which useless programs do you want him to get rid of?

Old 09-28-2016, 06:55 PM

9,806 posts, read 7,623,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Which useless programs do you want him to get rid of?
Government programs rarely end. The bureaucrats keep those going and create new programs and projects so they can hire more employees and be promoted to higher positions. We need smart, unbiased people to review everything and see what is working and what can be ended. I don't think an establishment R or a D would be as effective as a political outsider who has had success in private industry.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:17 PM

12,323 posts, read 8,052,858 times
The secular like to say and quote scriptures to support government forcibly seizing money to redistribute it as the Christian thing to do. Not for people to volunteer to give their money.

On the other hand the Evangelicals issue one is to force women to carry their babies to term. One candidate will fight to her last breathe to give the right to choose to kill so Evangelicals support the candidate who just might protect more babies allowing them to be born
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies