Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 01:03 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,741 times

Advertisements

Richard Pryor
A wino is scared of nothin' not even Dracula the only thing a wino is scared of is runnin' out of wine...
Now that insults drunks like me ... dumbdown are you a drunk?... wino!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 01:14 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,741 times
A man was sitting on a bench in the park eating his lunch when a beautiful women sat down next to him started reading a book.
The man asked may I ask what you are reading?
She replied that she taught at the university and it was a book about men's anatomy and went on to say do you know that American Indians have the most ridged penis of all races?
The man said no I didn't!
Then she said Amish men have the largest penis of all races did you know that?
The man again said no I didn't?
Well soon she had to go back to class and said it was a pleasure talking to you what is your name?
He replied why its Tonto Yoder...

Old 09-30-2016, 01:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbdowndemocrats View Post
a man was sitting on a bench in the park eating his lunch when a beautiful women sat down next to him started reading a book.
The man asked may i ask what you are reading?
She replied that she taught at the university and it was a book about men's anatomy and went on to say do you know that american indians have the most ridged penis of all races?
The man said no i didn't!
Then she said amish men have the largest penis of all races did you know that?
The man again said no i didn't?
Well soon she had to go back to class and said it was a pleasure talking to you what is your name?
He replied why its tonto yoder...

lol!!!

Old 09-30-2016, 01:20 PM

5,518 posts, read 8,765,046 times
What nobody in this thread seems to get is that all humor exists in context, and that context is who has the power.

It's why white people making jokes with or about the n-word is almost never funny, but black people making the same jokes can be, because they are making fun of themselves. The white guy is making fun of a disenfranchised group. That's not funny. It's just crass and bullying -- at best.

It's why men making jokes about rape is almost never funny, but the same joke made by a woman could easily be hilarious. Guys have the power, so they make the same joke and it's JUST NOT FUNNY.

Jews make jokes about themselves all the time and it's cool. But gentiles do it and it's often not funny at all because they're making fun of a group that's been maligned throughout history. Not cool at all.

Sure there are some exceptions to this. But in general, people outside a marginalized group making jokes about that group are just not funny and depending on the joke, can be be downright offensive, racist, anti-semitic, misogynist, etc., and deserved to be called on it.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:02 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is quite obvious.
No one has ever stopped me. Obviously no one ever stopped you either, or you would not have to post someone else talking about it.

Old 09-30-2016, 02:04 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,531 times
About 40,000 years ago somebody was saying "an African, a Neanderthal and a Denisovan walk into a bar.."

Old 09-30-2016, 04:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
What nobody in this thread seems to get is that all humor exists in context, and that context is who has the power.

It's why white people making jokes with or about the n-word is almost never funny, but black people making the same jokes can be, because they are making fun of themselves. The white guy is making fun of a disenfranchised group. That's not funny. It's just crass and bullying -- at best.

It's why men making jokes about rape is almost never funny, but the same joke made by a woman could easily be hilarious. Guys have the power, so they make the same joke and it's JUST NOT FUNNY.

Jews make jokes about themselves all the time and it's cool. But gentiles do it and it's often not funny at all because they're making fun of a group that's been maligned throughout history. Not cool at all.

Sure there are some exceptions to this. But in general, people outside a marginalized group making jokes about that group are just not funny and depending on the joke, can be be downright offensive, racist, anti-semitic, misogynist, etc., and deserved to be called on it.
Trigglypuff, is that you???

Old 09-30-2016, 04:13 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,759,477 times
"I LOVE the Women's Movement. Especially when walking behind it"

Rush Limbaugh

Old 09-30-2016, 04:16 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,759,477 times
A Jewish man walks up to a prostitute, and asks her if she knows the "Jewish Way".

She says "Well, I know the Greek way and the French way, but you're kinda cute, so if you show me the "Jewish Way", I'll do it for free!"

He replied "THAT'S the Jewish Way!!!"

Found in an old Jewish Joke Book, Written by a Jew

Old 09-30-2016, 04:41 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Yet most of them remain hopelessly liberal.
Thing about PC is that while it is obviously way more popular among liberals, it is not mutually exclusive to the Left. Not all liberals are PC and not all conservatives are anti-PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies