Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 09:31 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And? If that officer can't control himself over someone's dialect, then that man should not be an officer at all.
Maybe learn how to speak proper English! Ghetto speak is nothing more than bastardized English and is hard to understand for anyone(white or black) in the middle class since we weren't raised to speak it. So now the police have to be versed in ghetto speak, didn't know this was a requirement. How about black kids pay attention in school and learn proper English.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:43 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Maybe learn how to speak proper English! Ghetto speak is nothing more than bastardized English and is hard to understand for anyone(white or black) in the middle class since we weren't raised to speak it. So now the police have to be versed in ghetto speak, didn't know this was a requirement. How about black kids pay attention in school and learn proper English.
I don't doubt the merit of speaking proper English. I speak proper English myself. That being said, why should speaking "ghetto English" be grounds for a police officer to handle someone in a violent manner? Explain!!

Old 10-03-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Let's be honest here. There's a large subset of Americans that will do everything within their power to deny the fact that we have a problem with law enforcement killing blacks and walking free. Their entire purpose is to discredit those that fight for positive change. We know who these people are and we know why they do what they do. No one is going to change their minds here but for the rest of us, how long do you think a situation where white men were getting killed by black police officers would last?

Take a look at the video. It reverses the situation in art...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcw35_saLY
Here's the deal, maybe if a certain segment of the black community would stop being so violent, maybe the police would lighten up. If I was a cop patrolling the black community, you better believe I would be on edge and I am certain even black cops are on edge. Here is a violent crime map of the county in which I live, every area demarked is a predominantly black.https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...HwcXw&hl=en_US

Old 10-03-2016, 09:48 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Here's the deal, maybe if a certain segment of the black community would stop being so violent, maybe the police would lighten up. If I was a cop patrolling the black community, you better believe I would be on edge and I am certain even black cops are on edge. Here is a violent crime map of the county in which I live, every area demarked is a predominantly black.https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...HwcXw&hl=en_US
Why should the rest of the Black population pay for the shenanigans of the worst of the Black population? And don't give me the "it is what it is" line. Tell the merit of it.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:

You didn't watch the video, did you?

If you had watched it, you would have heard this man clearly speaking proper English and answering the questions followed with, "Sir".

He spoke to the friend he was calling the way he normally would.

You jumped to a lot of conclusions based on your own stereotypical view of black people, it seems.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The bolded statement can't be farther from the truth BentBow. I rolled through baghdad and there where teenagers up and down the streets flipping us off. I didn't beat the snot of of them because in a high stress environments disciple is critical. And holding people accountable and good training is key to a disciplined force...
Whole different ballgame fella.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:56 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:

The man spoke proper English to the police. He "code switched" when he spoke to someone on the phone. That's about the same as a Latino or Asian or African switching to a foreign language in the same situation.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:57 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
It might have something to do with high crime areas that happen to be black and underclass black young men who have the propensity to fight with the police.
Look at it from the cops point of view for a change.
That was clearly not a "high crime area." Nobody was fighting the police.

You're saying that police should not be able to distinguish between being in a "combat zone" and being in a "non-combat zone." That is the whole of the problem.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:06 AM

I will guarantee that these so called victims(black or white) were not boy scouts, most had long criminal records and fought with police or took a threatening stance. I will also say that most police shootings are justified.

Fact check: More whites shot by police in 2015 than minorities?

Old 10-03-2016, 10:10 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
I will guarantee that these so called victims(black or white) were not boy scouts, most had long criminal records and fought with police or took a threatening stance. I will also say that most police shootings are justified.

Fact check: More whites shot by police in 2015 than minorities?
1. Watch the video before posting. All of your posts have been assumptions that have nothing to do with fact about this video.
2. This thread is about this specific situation. Stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies