Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 01:32 PM

20,576 posts, read 19,237,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I agree with your four points. In this particular case none on these things happened. What is our recourse?
Your choice is fundamentally one of two things. It might be some combination, but its all from one of two poles You can either appeal to a higher authority , or go to the competitor . Now if the higher authority is all just and good, then I guess you are doing fine. However if that gamble does not pan out, its over. I know what my pick is. If I don't like the state or town I am in, then I want to have moving make a difference. Let them see who pays their salary.
If we ever get to federal control...well its all over, literally, as in all over the place.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:36 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,236,584 times
Quote:
I agree with your four points. In this particular case none on these things happened. What is our recourse?
My old friend SHABAZZ!

Just remember we agree on this one so the next time a black guy clearly executes someone filmed with a GoPro you won't argue with me.

As for your question:

As an anarchist I gave the statist response but it extends to how I see a stateless society handling issues.

Not sure of political structure in this jurisdiction but the residents who see this as the wrong that it is are going to have to get creative in putting as much pressure as possible on those who failed to hold the cops responsible. Peaceful boycots and making the lives of those who didn't prosecute as hard as possible without violating the non-aggression principle are in order.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:40 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,907,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
My old friend SHABAZZ!

Just remember we agree on this one so the next time a black guy clearly executes someone filmed with a GoPro you won't argue with me.

As for your question:

As an anarchist I gave the statist response but it extends to how I see a stateless society handling issues.

Not sure of political structure in this jurisdiction but the residents who see this as the wrong that it is are going to have to get creative in putting as much pressure as possible on those who failed to hold the cops responsible. Peaceful boycots and making the lives of those who didn't prosecute as hard as possible without violating the non-aggression principle are in order.
And when that doesn't enact change?

Old 10-01-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And when that doesn't enact change?
Uh, you stick to your principles (mine are set with the non-aggression principle).

You do realize that sometimes in life you get your a$$ kicked...metaphorically?

What are your principles? How would you go about this?

Old 10-01-2016, 01:55 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,099,601 times
Quote:
Let's be honest here. There's a large subset of Americans that will do everything within their power to deny the fact that we have a problem with law enforcement killing blacks and walking free. Y[/url]
No.
That some just a symptom of a much, much bigger problem.
The police play by a different set of rules, expect immediate obedience (even while actively violating your rights), and don't face any real consequences for misbehavior.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No.
That some just a symptom of a much, much bigger problem.
The police play by a different set of rules, expect immediate obedience (even while actively violating your rights), and don't face any real consequences for misbehavior.
Which is a symptom of the biggest problem ever to face man: the State.

On street policing is in your face. The State's other nefarious activities are mostly done with a pen, not a sword.

You're still getting screwed though.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:59 PM

3,841 posts, read 4,494,235 times
[quote=It looks like the cop has PTSD from all time he spent policing the hood.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I do wonder if cops get some form of PTSD just from seeing the worst of humanity every day. There was an African American co worker of my ex husband who used to be a cop in Los Angeles, but couldn't take it anymore, started drinking, left the force to get sober and retrained in the computer field and got a job where my ex worked. It was a pretty social office so we'd have lots of get togethers and we got to know each other fairly well. So this guy, his name was Robert, said he started losing faith in humanity. He said it was the child abuse cases that got to him.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:55 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,491,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Well, it's not racial profiling. Police just get called to these bad neighborhoods looking for the perp so they arrest anyone who looks suspicious.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or just didn't watch the video. If you would've watched the video, you would've seen that the neighborhood is CLEARLY not a bad neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
When the guy got on the phone and starting speaking ghetto, it set the cop off. It looks like the cop has PTSD from all time he spent policing the hood.
What ghetto talk exactly? Using the "f" word? Yeah, real ghetto. People use that word all the time.

This video disturbed me. I'm just glad the guy didn't get shot. He was perfectly pleasant to the cops for a long time. Eventually, ANYONE is going to get exasperated when they've been questioned incessantly by the cops.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or just didn't watch the video. If you would've watched the video, you would've seen that the neighborhood is CLEARLY not a bad neighborhood.

What ghetto talk exactly? Using the "f" word? Yeah, real ghetto. People use that word all the time.

This video disturbed me. I'm just glad the guy didn't get shot. He was perfectly pleasant to the cops for a long time. Eventually, ANYONE is going to get exasperated when they've been questioned incessantly by the cops.
He was an ex-con (cop noticed tats).

Considering his exposure to the criminal justice system he did as well as anyone could hope in facing the unruly cops.

In an ideal world police would come up with a uniform policy to handle interactions with folks. Approved on by the people and widely publicized so mostly everyone could be on the same page.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:22 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,366,092 times
Quote:
The bolded statement can't be farther from the truth BentBow. I rolled through baghdad and there where teenagers up and down the streets flipping us off. I didn't beat the snot of of them because in a high stress environments disciple is critical. And holding people accountable and good training is key to a disciplined force...

You were out numbered. It wasn't one guy to confront.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies