U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,259 times

Advertisements

Inspite of that I understand the both sides, what was done, was done in an illegal way. If Kosovo is allowed to do it then any other part of the world could do it. I mean for example Californians could say some thay: "We want to do the same!" This is the main reason why some of the EU countries are not willing to recognize Kosovo.
Besides, there are still plenty of people living in Kosovo who don't agree with Kosovo's separation.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:51 AM

13,473 posts, read 16,319,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denike View Post
Inspite of that I understand the both sides, what was done, was done in an illegal way. If Kosovo is allowed to do it then any other part of the world could do it. I mean for example Californians could say some thay: "We want to do the same!" This is the main reason why some of the EU countries are not willing to recognize Kosovo.
Besides, there are still plenty of people living in Kosovo who don't agree with Kosovo's separation.
As discussed earlier I wouldn't compare it to California at all, the situations are vastly different. Regarding the disagreement within Kosovo, I would agree that the most northern areas of Kosovo (Leposavic and Zubin Potok) might better be returned to Serbia. That is really the area of unrest within Kosovo. It also would be a goodwill gesture to finalize this separation.

Regarding Europe, I would say Spain has the greatest legitimate concerns, in consideration of the Basque separatist issue.