U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2016, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Twin Falls Idaho
4,995 posts, read 1,788,371 times
Reputation: 2532

Advertisements

Supreme's drive final nail into Obama illegal immigration reform--

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBwWxXH?m=en-us


****full disclosure****

I am totally in favor of the things proposed by Obama--but I believe that the way he did it was illegal.

If there needs to be action, it's Congress's role to decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:34 PM
 
36,812 posts, read 16,368,917 times
Reputation: 9904
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Supreme's drive final nail into Obama illegal immigration reform--

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBwWxXH?m=en-us


****full disclosure****

I am totally in favor of the things proposed by Obama--but I believe that the way he did it was illegal.

If there needs to be action, it's Congress's role to decide.

It doesn't mean that there won't be more anchor babies born on our soil it just means illegal aliens will no longer be protected from deportation under DACA and DAPA which Obama put in place under EO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,492 posts, read 51,379,395 times
Reputation: 24613
I really admire people that will break up families just because of some bureaucratic nonsense about where the kids parents were born. The kid is an AMERICAN CITIZEN about to be deported because he picked the wrong parents. That has to be American Justice at its finest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:47 PM
 
5,274 posts, read 2,703,176 times
Reputation: 5144
They need to repeal the amendment that states if your born on this soil, that you are an american. You should have at least one permanent resident/citizen as your parent in order to become a citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:48 PM
 
29,460 posts, read 15,444,180 times
Reputation: 20008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I really admire people that will break up families just because of some bureaucratic nonsense about where the kids parents were born. The kid is an AMERICAN CITIZEN about to be deported because he picked the wrong parents. That has to be American Justice at its finest.
Let's say the parents came from Panama.

Does Panama have laws that children born of Panamanian citizens aren't allowed to return home with them?

If so, shouldn't they change their laws in order to keep the families of their citizens together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:50 PM
 
79,006 posts, read 33,578,351 times
Reputation: 15819
This has nothing to do with "anchor babies". Anyone born here is still a U.S. citizen. What the ruling means is that doesn't automatically grant legal status to the parents. If another legal family member wants to allow the child to stay here with them they can.

The government can not deport the child.

When the kid turns 18 and wants to come back into the U.S. they can. They also will maintain all Constitutional rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:50 PM
 
5,274 posts, read 2,703,176 times
Reputation: 5144
Almost all states in Europe, Asia, Africa, and Oceania grant citizenship at birth based upon the principle of jus sanguinis (right of blood), in which citizenship is inherited through parents not by birthplace, or a restricted version of jus soli in which citizenship by birthplace is automatic only for the children of certain immigrants. Countries that have acceded to the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness will grant nationality to otherwise stateless persons who were born on their territory, or on a ship or plane flagged by that country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:53 PM
 
29,460 posts, read 15,444,180 times
Reputation: 20008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has nothing to do with "anchor babies". Anyone born here is still a U.S. citizen. What the ruling means is that doesn't automatically grant legal status to the parents. If another legal family member wants to allow the child to stay here with them they can.

The government can not deport the child.

When the kid turns 18 and wants to come back into the U.S. they can. They also will maintain all Constitutional rights.
Deport the parents and let them take their children with them.

We have no laws barring them from taking their kids with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,492 posts, read 51,379,395 times
Reputation: 24613
I prefer letting the parents stay here as resident aliens and raise the child as an American. That has worked well for the last couple of hundred years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2016, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
9,440 posts, read 5,818,374 times
Reputation: 7895
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I really admire people that will break up families just because of some bureaucratic nonsense about where the kids parents were born. The kid is an AMERICAN CITIZEN about to be deported because he picked the wrong parents. That has to be American Justice at its finest.
So you think criminals should be rewarded just for popping out a baby on US soil? Of course, leftists are always looking for ways to reward criminals. Why do liberals assume deporting the criminals will "break up families"? Do you expect them to leave their baby behind when they're deported? If they would they're not the kind of people you want in the country anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I prefer letting the parents stay here as resident aliens and raise the child as an American. That has worked well for the last couple of hundred years.
No it hasn't worked well at all, especially for the last 50 years with the massive expansion of welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top