Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 07:16 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times

Advertisements

Yes, it will have as much success as the "War on Poverty".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 07:23 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
So.... how much money are we going to send to other countries under this agreement?

Old 10-06-2016, 07:42 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So.... how much money are we going to send to other countries under this agreement?
And how much money do these governments stand to rake in from carbon taxes, while ignoring (or shutting out) real solutions? Greener technology that would help the environment has existed for years, but government regulation and big corporations shut out any competition.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:02 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
man-made climate change, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, God, some people just need to believe in myths, I guess.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:33 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama uttered "a turning point for our planet" as he reigned his bombs down on another far away country
He's a magical maniac.

The Trumps made good things from bad things, Obama made bad things from faraways to close aways.

To-tally different intents.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Huh... coincidence I just happened to read the article below, before clicking on this forum this morning.

I'm really rather confused and my neck hurts by looking at one corner that screams, "Global Warming! We'll all gonna die!" and looking at the other corner screaming, "Global Warming is a Hoax!" I'm honestly looking for a balance, if it exists, so if anyone could point me to that, I would appreciate it!

Regardless of that aspect, from what I'm reading in this article, the concern is HOW this treaty, or agreement or whatever it is, is happening in relation to our laws and the constitution, which I admit I know very little about, but trying to learn bit by bit.

Anyway, it's an interesting article, and I think the author is hoping congress grows a pair? We'll see what happens.

King Obama Celebrates His Climate Accord: 'History May Judge Today As The Turning Point For The Planet' | Daily Wire
the problem with the climate change debate is that we are not getting all the real information, just snippets of what both sides want us to hear. i suspect that both sides are right and wrong.

for instance we hear from the AGW alarmists that man is responsible for global warming, and we have to do something right now or the planet is doomed, yadda yadda yadda.

from the other side we hear that its natural, nothing can be done, etc. etc. etc.

my feeling is that for the most part this is a natural change, given the fossil records, it shows that for the last two million years the climate has gone through periods of glaciation and inter glaciation. these are natural cycles, and there is a decline in the global mean temperature during each period.n

so to the questions, can man have an effect on the climate? perhaps, but considering the amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere each year, mans contribution is very small overall, about 4% of the grand total. will this have an effect? yes, but no where near the effect that the alarmists claim.

what would happen if man stopped putting CO2 into the atmosphere? not much really. the climate would not start cooling off suddenly, in fact it might not even cool off at all. and when i question the alarmists on this, they refuse to answer. the question i pose is this;

lets say man does everything the alarmists want us to do, lots of government regulation, lots of taxes, lots of spending, etc. and after the untold trillions of dollars spent, and the number of economies destroyed, what happens if the climate doesnt change? or in fact gets worse? what then?

to date NO ONE has ventured an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Nor sure why we are worried about fossil fuel use. I was taught in school that we only had 50 years of oil left. That was about.....50 years ago.

Of course there were deniers back then that stated there were still untapped resources.
that was 50 years of cheap oil. that oil we can get to easily and cheaply. but as you know technology marches on, and we are able to drill deeper than ever before, and are able to recover more oil than ever before. we are also finding that some fields that went "dry" years ago, are starting to produce oil again. so go figure.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:17 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

my feeling is that for the most part this is a natural change, given the fossil records, it shows that for the last two million years the climate has gone through periods of glaciation and inter glaciation. these are natural cycles, and there is a decline in the global mean temperature during each period.n

so to the questions, can man have an effect on the climate? perhaps, but considering the amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere each year, mans contribution is very small overall, about 4% of the grand total. will this have an effect? yes, but no where near the effect that the alarmists claim.

what would happen if man stopped putting CO2 into the atmosphere? not much really. the climate would not start cooling off suddenly, in fact it might not even cool off at all. and when i question the alarmists on this, they refuse to answer. the question i pose is this;

lets say man does everything the alarmists want us to do, lots of government regulation, lots of taxes, lots of spending, etc. and after the untold trillions of dollars spent, and the number of economies destroyed, what happens if the climate doesnt change? or in fact gets worse? what then?

to date NO ONE has ventured an answer.

that was 50 years of cheap oil. that oil we can get to easily and cheaply. but as you know technology marches on, and we are able to drill deeper than ever before, and are able to recover more oil than ever before. we are also finding that some fields that went "dry" years ago, are starting to produce oil again. so go figure.
Well with comments like that there is no point in having a discussion.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:22 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Can't argue with someone who is right.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
in other words you refuse to answer the question, typical of an alarmist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies