Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 11:36 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. This must make Melania an 'enabler' and thus unfit for the incredibly important role of 'First Lady".

Ouch! That piece of logic must've hurt everyone in Trumpville. LOL

Old 10-08-2016, 11:38 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
But what gives him the right to just lean in and kiss her mid-sentence while also grabbing her breast and exposing his penis? Was Bill using his government funded position of power to advance his sexual interest?
She welcomed it. If you remember, they were both rather kind to each other, even under the circumstances of the Ken Starr investigation. Monica never said anything bad about Bill. Bill never said anything bad about Monica. They both seemed to like each other.

I'm sure they both realized that they had done something they shouldn't have done -- but I don't think there were any hard feelings between the two of them.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She was a young naive girl and Bill took advantage of that. Hillary attacked her instead of Bill.
Because Hillary thought she was lying.

Yes, she was young, but not that young. She was 21 or so, right?

Old 10-08-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
1. In an ABC News interview in 1992, Hillary smears Gennifer Flowers, a women Bill would later admit to having an affair with, as “some failed cabaret singer who doesn’t even have much of a résumé to fall back on.” Hillary also referred to Flowers as “trailer trash.”

2. Hillary slams former WH intern Monica Lewinsky as a “narcissistic loony toon” after she had consensual relations with her husband in the Oval Office.

3. Hillary, defending a rapist, smears his 12-year-old alleged rape victim, claiming the young girl had a "tendency to seek out older men."

4. Hillary disparagingly refers to the numerous women her husband was involved with as “bimbos."

5. Hillary reportedly threatens Juanita Broaddrick, Bill's alleged rape victim, into silence at a political fundraiser after the accused rape.

6. “I mean, I would crucify her,” Hillary says of Gennifer Flowers.

7. "We have to destroy her story," Hillary allegedly said of one woman state troopers sought out for her husband to have a sexual encounter with.
Bill LIED to Hillary. He told her none of the stories were true, so she blamed the women for making up stories.

This is what a lot of women would do in the same circumstances. Hillary isn't any different.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
OH really? So you only believe Trump when it is convenient? Tell me, is he bragging now about what he can do as a president? Is he lying about trade? Is he lying about bombing the s.. out of the ME? Is he lying about lowering taxes? Is he exaggerating about bringing jobs back to America?

Because we have seen over and over how politicians lie during their campaigns but once they are elected they only do things that benefit the rich.... How do you know when Trump is exaggerating or when he is telling the truth? Is it his tone? the movement of his hands? Was his tone different when he was promoting his fake University? Is it different now that he is promising to bring jobs back?

I thought Trump tells it like it is and suddenly we must not believe his words?? Strange.
This puts quite the exclamation point on your excellent post:

"Donald Trump’s own bankruptcy lawyers testified that they had a policy of not meeting with the real estate mogul alone because he had a “problem” of constantly lying.
In one document, bankruptcy attorney George Miller reveals that when meeting with Trump, “it’s always been our practice to make sure that two people are present, and we don’t have a problem with people lying.”

Miller calls Trump “an expert at interpreting things. Let’s put it that way.”"

Trump’s own bankruptcy lawyers say he lies so much they could only meet with him in pairs

Old 10-08-2016, 11:47 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
She welcomed it. If you remember, they were both rather kind to each other, even under the circumstances of the Ken Starr investigation. Monica never said anything bad about Bill. Bill never said anything bad about Monica. They both seemed to like each other.

I'm sure they both realized that they had done something they shouldn't have done -- but I don't think there were any hard feelings between the two of them.
Bill essentially ruined the young girl's life by branding her as nothing more than the girl that a president banged. There's not even a word to describe the embarrassment she must have felt. Bill should've had the foresight to realize that as president his sex adventures could put this young lady in a very bad position.

Here is what Monica has to say:

Quote:
He could have made it right with the book, but he hasn't. He is a revisionist of history. He has lied. […] I really didn't expect him to go into detail about our relationship. […] But if he had and he'd done it honestly, I wouldn't have minded. […] I did, though, at least expect him to correct the false statements he made when he was trying to protect the Presidency. Instead, he talked about it as though I had laid it all out there for the taking. I was the buffet and he just couldn't resist the dessert. […] This was a mutual relationship, mutual on all levels, right from the way it started and all the way through. […] I don't accept that he had to completely desecrate my character.

— Monica Lewinsky, statement during an interview with the Daily Mail

Old 10-08-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Attacking Trump for misogyny in his past is pretty rich when she accepts Bill's past and lives everyday as his wife. Hypocrite.
Bill likes women. He's not a misogynist. If anything, Bill likes women too much.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:58 AM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default Sex wasn't enough of an issue, apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Clinton's conduct was disgraceful, but it was Ken Starr's fanaticism that led the GOP leadership in Congress to overplay its hand.
1. Yah, President Clinton should have had more self-discipline than he showed. Bad on him.

2. I don't know if prosecutor Starr was fanatic or not - he himself has expressed regret @ asking for the appointment to investigate the M. Lewinski issue. If it hadn't been Starr doing the investigation, Would the case for impeachment & trial have been stronger? One of those imponderables.

3. The process worked up to a point - the House impeached, the Senate refused to find Pres. Clinton guilty of "Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors" quoting the Constitution (Article II, Section 4). That's within the Senate's purview - & whatever we may think of the issue, it's a dead letter now. The Senate had its chance, & refused to act.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:08 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Do you believe Hillary now that she admitted to having public and private political positions? Which issues are public just to get votes?
I have never believed she will do anything unless it is convenient for her but she still needs to follow an agenda. Of course she will not fulfill most of what she is promising but I don't believe Trump will do that either. On top of that I disagree with many things Trump plans to do like cut taxes and increase the national debt. I also don't think removing Obamacare is a good move.

I'm also old enough to figure anybody famous people(politicians, celebrities) have a public and private position. Just like Mr Trump had a University that only benefited his pockets. He sold dreams but he screwed those students.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:13 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Bill likes women. He's not a misogynist. If anything, Bill likes women too much.
According to many Trumpettes who have been defending Trump's vulgar words and behavior, that would make Bill a real man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies