Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
So, where does the sex come in? I didn't see any reference to sex. The boys are described as pearls, whether that relates to clothes they are wearing or skin color does not say. I don't know if there is a special meaning of 'pearls' in Islam.

In any case, this is depicting what the after-life is like, not what life is like here on Earth. That contradicts whatever point you were attempting to make. (oh, yeah, that rape is allowed IN THE KORAN!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 12:58 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In the safety and comfort of our own homes, it's easy for us to assume the military should seek to maintain human rights on its own foreign military bases and operations. It's a different ballgame when after 15 years, your only allies are the perpetrators of such violations. There are 8500+/- remaining US troops vs a population of 33 million in Afghanistan.

That it may be difficult is no excuse. If the U.S. military cannot enforce basic human rights even within the walls of its own facilities, then what can we possibly hope to accomplish outside of those walls? Our "nation building" policies in the ME, are a failure and a waste of American lives, not to mention the taxpayers' hard-earned cash.

Osama is long gone. There is nothing Afghanistan can offer us in exchange for propping up their regime except more dead or traumatized American soldiers. I would like the current Administration to explain clearly to the people why we are still losing American lives to save these people from themselves.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:03 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Obama has a policy where we let Afghans rape boys on military bases because it's their culture. Given that dems are throwing a fit over the p-word, this was quite surprising to read.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies - The New York Times

If the Dems are throwing a fit over "that word," they're hypocrites. Because as proof that we're all marinating in old news, we were just treated to proposed economic advisor Bill Clinton's gross comment about Hillary.

Yikes.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:39 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,062,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Obama has a policy where we let Afghans rape boys on military bases because it's their culture. Given that dems are throwing a fit over the p-word, this was quite surprising to read.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies - The New York Times
Given Obama's penchant for criminal sympathy, I don't think this is surprising at all.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:16 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
The US has been in Afghanistan since 2001 to fight the Taliban. The US has maintained a policy of non- intervention as it relates to Afghan criminal law, all along.

At peak, there were about 100,000 US troops in Afghanistan. Presently, there are about 8500 left. The population of Afghanistan is about 33 million.

No I do not agree that soldiers should have their careers ruined when they report rape.

I would prefer the US pull out. That will be up to the next POTUS
I agree with this.

This is just sickening that our troops have to ignore this blatant abuse and rape. It is horrible and made me sick to my stomach reading the OP link.

Especially the part where the mother brought her limping son to make a plea to the troops because he was good looking and she was afraid he would be continuously abducted and made a sex slaves. Glad that guy got both beaten by our marines and killed later on but I'm sure there are hundreds or thousands like him. Just sick, evil people.

Unfortunately this sort of thing happens all over the world. I do believe though it should not be allowed on our military bases at all.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:04 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
According to the high ranking military source within the OP's link " , allegations of child sexual abuse by Afghan military and police is a matter of Afghan criminal law" .

The US is there to fight the Taliban, nothing more or less.

That some Afghan military leaders show up with " Afghan tea boys" is beyond the scope of the US engagement.
Fascinating. How easy for you to sit here and say that when you're not the one listening to a boy scream knowing good and well what is going on.

Not necessarily towards above poster but liberals in general who excuse this crap:

I marvel at people who say we need to feed, house, and clothe illegal immigrants because they are "just trying to have a better life", even though we are under no obligation whatsoever to do so for criminals who should be deported back to their own country instead of stealing from the American people....but then turn around and excuse 'non intervention' when it comes to a child being abused?

And then they want to cry about something Trump said...twisting it around by calling it "assault", but help a young boy who is being raped by grown men...noooooooooooo.

The sheer hypocrisy is unreal. Do you people even hear yourselves?

Bacha bazi is not legal in their country just because some sickos do it. Therefore, the same standards should hold true as they did when I served in Germany. If we saw a crime being comitted, we had the right to detain if we could. Then we call the polizei to take care of it. To say that our servicemen cannot stop a crime they see going on in another country because it's "not part of our agreement" is bull****. If it's a crime in their country, and that boy raping garbage is a crime in Afghanistan, then you do what you can to stop it.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:15 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
I disagree with much of Obama's policies. That said I can't see where Obama has ever condoned such practices.
Perhaps if we don't like the culture of the region we should leave. We as a nation don't have the authority to impose our laws upon other countries. Perhaps the UN should get involved? Oh wait there have been plenty of scandals in regard to the UN in this regard as well.
I really think that we as a nation have enough issues of our own that are in dire need of being addressed. Part of our problem is minding everyone else's business and ignoring our own problems.
The practice of abusing boys is disgusting, but these are the people who we insist on jumping in bed with. This isn't something new. Anyone who ever served in the region was aware of it.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:18 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke
Yes, he has a terrible record on this, disgusting.
Not surprising though.... EVERYTHING ABOUT OBAMA IS A DISGRACE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies