Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I've had the chance to return fire in combat smart guy. I've been in briefings that cover rules of engagement. My DD214 shows OIF I and II... Where does your experience in this matter come from, Fox News?
My experience comes from being in the military myself and when you are told to stand down, you f-en stand down. You don't get to make your own decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 08:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
Obama is No commander and chief,

If hillary gets in they will " Eat Her Alive "

in addition our armed forces and law enforcement
Hates her lying thievin guts.

Oh this aint going away post elections, Oh no it isnt.
Sounds like you will be constipated for four more years. Sucks to be you.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:48 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My experience comes from being in the military myself and when you are told to stand down, you f-en stand down. You don't get to make your own decisions.
I'm specifically talking about having a ROE that prohibits returning fire. I have never heard of that nor will it fly with service men and women..

Have you personally ever been told to stand down in the middle of a fire fight and not return fire?

Old 10-10-2016, 11:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm specifically talking about having a ROE that prohibits returning fire. I have never heard of that nor will it fly with service men and women..

Have you personally ever been told to stand down in the middle of a fire fight and not return fire?

Isn't this Bush's fault?

Old 10-11-2016, 04:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I'm sure those missles were bought with Obama"s billion dollar briefcase cash.... They probably couldn't even return fire n...

Two Missiles Fired at U.S. Navy Ship From Rebel-Held Yemen Territory: Pentagon - NBC News
That's what happens when your drones murder thousands of innocent people in Yemen. People get mad and purposely or "purposely by accident" will come after us.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:18 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,459 times
I believe the decision to return fire would come from the Navy CO of the ship, especially in the case of a missile fired as opposed to a small boat with one or two men approaching the boat and firing bullets from an assault rifle at the deck of the ship. If .50 cal machine guns are mounted on the side of the ship then the .50 gunner would likely be authorized--and expected--to return fire.

Providing early notification of a bombing on a city by the US military did not begin with Obama. Back in the early 1990s I was always told in the Corps that in urban warfare any civilians left after given notification we will bomb are toast.

But SHABBAZZ is incorrect civilian deaths matter so incredibly much to the US Government. Because if that were the case the US Government wouldn't be arming and financing Al Qaida and other terrorist organizations. You see, contrary to the image given, their is more than one way to cause the deaths of hundreds, thousands, and millions of civilians. Take the AK-47 assault rifle, it has killed more human beings on earth than both atomic bombs dropped on Japan. So, the small arms fire in Libya during and after the overthrow and lynching of Gaddafi has killed--by my assumption--tens of thousands of people in that country and counting.

After all, both Hillary and Obama want to reduce "collateral damage" in mainland USA by banning certain small arms they gleefully put into the hands of thugs in Syria and Libya.

I'm not sure where SHABAZZ divines his or her info from either that Russia has never informed any civilian towns in Syria it would bomb. But assuming it didn't on day 1, 2, or 8 am I to believe the non-combatant inhabitants couldn't get a hint?

But assuming SHABAZZ is correct by (his brainwashing) that the US is sooooo good relative to Russia or the rest of the word, then he might thank God that his ancestors landed on US Southern plantations rather than be born peasants in Russia, due to the good and humane treatment by the much better Americans.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:08 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Uh oh!.... Obama may be forced to draw a red line!

Old 10-11-2016, 09:21 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Isn't this Bush's fault?
Why would this be Bush's fault?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:27 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest
"Time to sail home"

While I appreciate the sentiment we patrol that area to keep a lid on piracy out of the Horn of Africa. A lot of US and ally flagged ships transit those waters.

However, I think the surrounding countries (Saudi, Egypt, Oman, etc...) need to step up and play a much bigger role in keeping piracy at bay in hat area. It's in their own best interest.
Who made us the sheriff of the seas? If multinational shippers need protection, let those billionaires hire Blackwater instead of using our navy as corporate bodyguards.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Providing early notification of a bombing on a city by the US military did not begin with Obama. Back in the early 1990s I was always told in the Corps that in urban warfare any civilians left after given notification we will bomb are toast.

I don't know if it goes back any further but warnings go back at least as far as Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and a number of other potential targets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies