Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 06:40 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,357,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The money goes to charity, do you think it would change anything if they refused the funding. We have been providing Saudi Arabia with military arms for decades, even after their involvement in 9/11. We have many relationships with foreign countries that support terror such as Pakistan, pulling our support takes away any leverage.

The world is complicated, if we were to divorce our county from anyone that supported terror it would work against us in the end.

So here we have two countries that support covert terror and you are criticizing the Clinton Foundation for taking donations for a charity, what's the harm.
It appears that about 35% of the Country ( USA) thinks unilaterally..and thinks in simplistic terms. It's like playing multi-chess levels with a simple checkerboard mind..IMO.

There's many term's used throughout my lifetime that explains such belief system differences and ability to deal in multi-lateral Chess Game. Global views must include multi-level ..versus..It's us or them. Obviously 30-35% can't

Those that wish to live inside walls..keep out those others..are kidding themselves. This is not the world of the 17th Century.. The world simply cannot be views simplistically. Not considering ALL sides leads to narrow thinking ( Black and white/Right and Wrong/ or Perfect/Evil extreme thinking) makes decisions made based on lack of consideration..Just GUT thoughts and Head in the Sand reaction.

30+% populous appear to have an inability to view anything beyond their personal view of Good or bad thoughts.. Kind of a rather SIMPLE way to view life > But, is certainly abundant enough to cause complete divides in once was viewed by the World as a stalwart leader for the "Free World".

Trump has rolled back that viewpoint by many many decades..Too bad..those who want Trump come across as those same poor conned ones that died under the leadership of Jim Jones! They too believed he was their "Saviour"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 07:36 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,643,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It's the spending that raises the debt, not a lack of income stolen from working people.
My first source also gave figures involving spending.
Promises and Price Tags: A Fiscal Guide to the 2016 Election | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Republicans "literally" ignore and cover up the spending of their politicians, and once their politicians are out of office they attack democrats for spending.

GW Bush was president from 2001-2009.

2001 federal spending- $1,862 trillion dollars.
2009 federal spending- $3,517 trillion dollars.

GW Bush increased government spending by $1,655 trillion dollars.

Obama was present 2009-today.

2014 federal spending- $3,506 trillion dollars.

Obama decreased government spending.

In the following source (Receipts=tax revenues) and (Outlays=spending.)
Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary | Tax Policy Center

Republicans never said a word about GW Bush's spending, but then they turned around and attacked Obama for spending (when Obama decreased spending.)

And if Hillary becomes president she will raise spending to 22.7% of GDP.
And if Trump becomes president he will raise spending to 22.5% of GDP.

"Hillary would spend $350 billion more on college education, $300 billion more on infrastructure, another $300 billion on paid family leave, and nearly half a trillion on a variety of other initiatives."

But because of Trumps tax cuts for the richest 5% of Americans he will raise our debt to 127% of GDP, and because Hillary will not give the richest 5% of Americans tax cuts she will only raise our debt to 87% of GDP.

Spending adds to our debt but so does lack of revenues.

Promises and Price Tags: A Fiscal Guide to the 2016 Election | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports

Old 10-11-2016, 08:54 PM

435 posts, read 428,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republican politicians also have ties to Saudi Arabia, but republicans ignore Saudi Arabian ties when republican politicians are involved.

Ronald Reagan started our political ties with Saudi Arabia.
The U.S.-Saudi Love Affair Predates Bush - Council on Foreign Relations

GW Bush had major business ties to Saudi Arabia, and GW Bush is even friends and business partners with the Bin Laden family.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_..._House_of_Saud
Bush & Bin Laden - George W. Bush Had Ties to Billionaire bin Laden Brood

And Donald Trump has major business ties with Saudi Arabia and various Muslim dictators.
https://mediamatters.org/research/20...iticism/210974

Saudi Arabia is a major lobby in Washington and their influence goes all the way back to effecting Ronald Reagan's decisions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_..._United_States

But unfortunately America's left and right can not have conversations about Saudi Arabia's influence in our government. Instead republicans cover up, ignore, and hide Saudi Arabian relationships with republican politicians (and then use Saudi Arabian relations to attack democrats.)
This is probably the most substantive response to the Clinton Foundation/Saudi issue brought up here. Personally, I don't care if you have a D or a R behind your name. If you are an established politician and are gaining from taking $, implicit bribes, etc from a foreign country like Saudi Arabia who support radical terrorists, I don't want to vote for you.

Now Trumps ties to SA appear to be business related as far as I can tell (I looked at your link) and not politically motivated. I really highly doubt that like 5 years ago a bunch of Saudi's said, "Hey Trump, let us rent some space from you in Trump Tower so that when you become President you can owe me a favor." Seems like his other dealings were raising debt/equity partners for development deals. The real estate assets themselves backed these deals, not some future promise of time on his political agenda. The notion that there was some implicit understanding that SA gave $ for a development deal b/c he would be able to help them politically someday is pretty silly. I mean, seriously, who thought we would ever be having this convo 2 years ago?

So, I do see a difference here but I think THESE types of discussions should be the focus of this election. Not who Trump said a bad word about or who Bill slept with.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:57 PM

435 posts, read 428,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
My first source also gave figures involving spending.

Republicans "literally" ignore and cover up the spending of their politicians, and once their politicians are out of office they attack democrats for spending.

GW Bush was president from 2001-2009.

2001 federal spending- $1,862 trillion dollars.

GW Bush increased government spending by $1,655 trillion dollars.

Obama was present 2009-today.

2014 federal spending- $3,506 trillion dollars.

Obama decreased government spending.

In the following source (Receipts=tax revenues) and (Outlays=spending.)
Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary | Tax Policy Center

Republicans never said a word about GW Bush's spending, but then they turned around and attacked Obama for spending (when Obama decreased spending.)

And if Hillary becomes president she will raise spending to 22.7% of GDP.
And if Trump becomes president he will raise spending to 22.5% of GDP.

"Hillary would spend $350 billion more on college education, $300 billion more on infrastructure, another $300 billion on paid family leave, and nearly half a trillion on a variety of other initiatives."

But because of Trumps tax cuts for the richest 5% of Americans he will raise our debt to 127% of GDP, and because Hillary will not give the richest 5% of Americans tax cuts she will only raise our debt to 87% of GDP.

Spending adds to our debt but so does lack of revenues.

Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Cost $12 Trillion | CTJReports
What does this have to do with Saudi Arabia and the Clinton Foundation? Supporting the increase of radical terrorism and the federal deficit are not related as far as I am aware?

Who cares how much money you have in the bank if you are dead?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:00 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,429,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
WIKILEAKS! Hillary & Obama have known since 2014 that Saudi & Qatar Fund ISIS!
No way...! Well, I guess it's "No to Saudi oil" we all will go buy those electric vehicles the hippie Liberals are promoting.

[do the right thing]

Old 10-11-2016, 09:02 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Lightbulb WIKILEAKS! Hillary & Obama have known since 2014 that Saudi & Qatar Fund ISIS!

The whole world has known it from the beginning. Our "friends" in Kuwait fund them, too.

It's just the same old, same old in the middle east. The incredibly stupid sunni vs shia nonsense.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:46 PM

26,948 posts, read 15,160,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The money goes to charity, do you think it would change anything if they refused the funding. We have been providing Saudi Arabia with military arms for decades, even after their involvement in 9/11. We have many relationships with foreign countries that support terror such as Pakistan, pulling our support takes away any leverage.

The world is complicated, if we were to divorce our county from anyone that supported terror it would work against us in the end.

So here we have two countries that support covert terror and you are criticizing the Clinton Foundation for taking donations for a charity, what's the harm.

A very small portion.

BTW,Haitians are wondering what happened to the money Clintons made off of their misery.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No way...! Well, I guess it's "No to Saudi oil" we all will go buy those electric vehicles the hippie Liberals are promoting.

[do the right thing]

They can't sell oil while not funding the terrorists? (Not that we can't ask ourselves the same question)

Old 10-11-2016, 10:28 PM

3,732 posts, read 5,740,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
In 1966 Trump went swimming less than 30 minutes after eating.

Your move, OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I heard he routinely has milk in his fridge past the due date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Worse -- he once ripped the "Do Not Remove " tag off his mattress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
He drinks out of the carton.
But you guys don't know the REALLY bad stuff! I heard that someone's been examining home movies from Trump's old neighborhood in Queens. And THIS bombshell has emerged: In 1957, at a Bar Mitzvah party for one of his friends, Donald can clearly be seen in the background, double-dipping a potato chip.

Like decent women everywhere, I'm just flabbergasted! Oh, the humanity....

Old 10-12-2016, 12:10 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,643,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr789 View Post
This is probably the most substantive response to the Clinton Foundation/Saudi issue brought up here. Personally, I don't care if you have a D or a R behind your name. If you are an established politician and are gaining from taking $, implicit bribes, etc from a foreign country like Saudi Arabia who support radical terrorists, I don't want to vote for you.

Now Trumps ties to SA appear to be business related as far as I can tell (I looked at your link) and not politically motivated. I really highly doubt that like 5 years ago a bunch of Saudi's said, "Hey Trump, let us rent some space from you in Trump Tower so that when you become President you can owe me a favor." Seems like his other dealings were raising debt/equity partners for development deals. The real estate assets themselves backed these deals, not some future promise of time on his political agenda. The notion that there was some implicit understanding that SA gave $ for a development deal b/c he would be able to help them politically someday is pretty silly. I mean, seriously, who thought we would ever be having this convo 2 years ago?

So, I do see a difference here but I think THESE types of discussions should be the focus of this election. Not who Trump said a bad word about or who Bill slept with.
Did Donald Trump do business with Muslims to aid them in attacking America? I don't think so.

Did Hillary Clinton/Clinton Foundation take money from Muslims to aid them in attacking America? I don't think so.

Every president since Ronald Reagan has taken money from, done business with, or taken charitable donations from Muslims. And personally I don't think these types of Muslim conversations should be the focus of the election. And I feel the same way about Trumps private all men conversations, Bill Clinton's sex life, and Donald Trumps sex life (but still these social events are the focus of the election.)

Last edited by chad3; 10-12-2016 at 12:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies