Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 10:47 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I didn't ask for any sympathy from you...

Just letting you know that this is a social issue and feminists do discuss and seek to rectify social situations that put women at a disadvantage. The household and childcare responsibilities being solely or majority put onto females is a disadvantage for women who are looking to enter higher positions at work in the corporate world especially.

FWIW I don't need your sympathy either. Like I stated, I don't do anything for my husband anymore in regards to chores (and haven't for about 10 years) and I've accepted and am fine with the fact that this point in time in my life, I am going to focus on my kids and our family life. Kids are only kids for so long. I am also lucky in that I work for a female director who has kids the same age as mine. Funny, but she has the same issue with her husband as I do lol. So my boss is very accommodating for me in my family situation and I also make sure I give her a lot of support at work. I work for a large organization and when I am ready, I will move up my career path. I also already make very good money.

But will note that I did state earlier that my husband actually did do chores when we were dating and when we were initially co-habiting and earlier in our marriage. He got lazy after our first child was born, which is the case for many men and couples in general. Most women are not apt to break up their family just because their husband decides to be lazy. I do think that it can cause issues in a marriage and I do feel that many women have divorced their husbands due to this issue. However, my husband is a decent guy in all other aspects of our relationship and so I decided to just set boundaries about what I won't do for him and everything else I do not discuss with him (unless he brings up any issue related to chores I do) the household work. I do bring up the childcare/child involvement thing though as I do expect and I do make him do more with the kids than he normally would. Luckily over the years, as the kids got older, he started to do more with them by himself. But he still has his loss of common sense moments, especially with our youngest child as he thinks she should be able to do things by herself that I would normally do or help her do when I am not at home.

On the bold, that is rather ridiculous IMO. Women actually have "fought" for our rights, which is why we now have them legally compared to the past. In regards to social issues though, the "fight" is to keep these issues in the forefront. The more studies done and discussions held on a subject, the more likely that things will equalize in regards to specific social situations. I do feel though that women need to speak up more for what they want and that as a whole, we are much more likely to remain silent on issues. FWIW IRL I am frequently thought to be a woman who people are "afraid" of, even other women because I do not mince words and I expect everyone to take responsibility for themselves and I am not shy about being this way in my life. My own husband has said I am not "soft" enough in many ways (mostly IMO in doing things he feels I should do just because he wants me to do it). I look at every situation and take it how I see it and I make definitive decisions and take direct actions. Many women IMO are not direct enough and that is an issue I also feel and I do see feminist speak about in regards to women. This is especially so in regards to career and pay. Women need to value themselves more and ask for what they are worth in the workplace. Women need to take definitive stands at home, something that I also had to do. If we/you are going to stay in a relationship with a spouse who is lazy at home, you need to deal with it and accept it, like I have and if needed get additional support. I do pay a housekeeper for instance to help with my chores. The husband b**ches about it, but I just tell him if he could do those things on a consistent basis, I'd not pay for the service. I also feel women apologize too much for stuff that does not need an apology for. Women also put themselves down unnecessarily saying they are not "good" at things and emotionally beating themselves up. All of the above are social issues that women need to work on IMO in regards to social opportunities. Speaking about these amongst women is not asking men to do anything for us.
Ok, my sympathies to your husband then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 02:47 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ok, my sympathies to your husband then.
LOL.

He doesn't need any sympathy either. He gets to do a lot of stuff that a lot of other husbands don't get to do because I don't nag him about anything anymore or have any issue with most of what he is doing as long as he doesn't make critical remarks about stuff at home.

Most of his married friends are jealous of him lol. So our working out of issues was in both of our favor. Only thing he doesn't like is paying the cleaning service lol.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:18 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Feminism in US is a first-world problem, like being served coffee without enough cream on it.

What is disturbing about these Feminists is how they are always silent when it comes to the abuse of women under Sharia Law.

In many cases they outright support groups that are Anti-women. Hillary's comments that; we need to empathize with the Taliban, or the Democrat Party's support of groups like the fascist Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
im all for equality , beit women or whatever race , feminism is about ensuring women always have an advantage or are always the one to benefit in any given scenario , it has nothing whatsover to do with seeking equality , it also has broader goals which vehemently oppose traditional western values and society , it grew out of marxism but actually didnt bother with the honorable parts of marxism ( concern for workers etc ) , it didnt need to as its in the overwhelming majority of cases ,an intelectual vanity project for middle class white women and especially metropolitan jews

as for why feminists are quiet surrounding the issue of opression within islamic society , feminism is a left wing philosophy , islam is a left wing sacred cow , add to that , feminists hold different groups to different standards ( which is of course anti equality ) , white straight men are held to the highest standard , every other group is held to a lesser standard and the list changes in rank depending on what suits

feminism is a poisonous idealogy which does nothing but drive a wedge between both men and women and also other groups , its entire raison deitre is to splice up society in to the deserving ( beit sympathy , scorn , punishment or reward ) and those deemed priveledged

Old 10-16-2016, 08:49 AM

42 posts, read 22,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
im all for equality , beit women or whatever race , feminism is about ensuring women always have an advantage or are always the one to benefit in any given scenario , it has nothing whatsover to do with seeking equality , it also has broader goals which vehemently oppose traditional western values and society , it grew out of marxism but actually didnt bother with the honorable parts of marxism ( concern for workers etc ) , it didnt need to as its in the overwhelming majority of cases ,an intelectual vanity project for middle class white women and especially metropolitan jews

as for why feminists are quiet surrounding the issue of opression within islamic society , feminism is a left wing philosophy , islam is a left wing sacred cow , add to that , feminists hold different groups to different standards ( which is of course anti equality ) , white straight men are held to the highest standard , every other group is held to a lesser standard and the list changes in rank depending on what suits

feminism is a poisonous idealogy which does nothing but drive a wedge between both men and women and also other groups , its entire raison deitre is to splice up society in to the deserving ( beit sympathy , scorn , punishment or reward ) and those deemed priveledged

This is true, feminists are STRANGELY silent on the issue of Islam's treatment of women Same thing with Hillary (the so-called "champion of feminism"), even though she has accepted money/bribes from Arab countries

While we're on this topic, feminists are also STRANGELY silent on the elephant in the room that is American rap/hip-hop music. Rap/hip-hop music blatantly objectifies women and includes them in music videos only as eye candy and scantily-clad set pieces. I don't think i've EVER heard a feminist say anything about this, but i've known more than one feminist that listens to rap/hip-hop music, such hypocrisy

My theory as to why these feminist women are strangely SILENT on Islam's terrible treatment of women and rap/hip-hop music's sexual objectification of women is that women still do not "trump" Islam (religion card) or predominantly black music (race card). Therefore, as Islam and race are "higher" on the leftist totem pole, even women are not allowed to criticize either and thus are silent.... even though both are obviously contrary to feminism.

In any case, as others have already pointed out feminism falls under "first world problems" category, most of the women who self-identify as feminist don't ACTUALLY have any problems and are usually well-off financially and quite obviously well-fed. In other words, a lot of these feminist women simply have too much time of their hands and use it to complain complain complain about any and everything.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:38 AM

854 posts, read 520,601 times
If you want to know why feminism exists and NEEDS to exist, look no further than Donald Trump and his followers. Classic male privilege.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:13 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
If you want to know why feminism exists and NEEDS to exist, look no further than Donald Trump and his followers. Classic male privilege.
there are as many priveledged white women in america as white men , trump is an extremely boorish individual but thats nothing to do with him being white or male

Old 10-17-2016, 08:53 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
When I was in college, feminism was about having equal opportunity for traditional male jobs, equal pay for equal work, sexual freedom without pregnancy, and life choices.

Now that the above has been accomplished, feminism is about hatred and punishment of all white males, identity politics, obliteration of the science of XX, and surprisingly to me, demands for special treatment for women. I despise the current day feminists. If I were a young woman, I would be ashamed of my peers, and furious at what they are doing to the notion of equality between the sexes.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:50 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
[quote=irish_bob;45842028]
Quote:
im all for equality , beit women or whatever race , feminism is about ensuring women always have an advantage or are always the one to benefit in any given scenario , it has nothing whatsover to do with seeking equality
I assume this information is from the feminist mission statement or has been quoted by known feminist leaders. What specific advantages and or benefits in what specific scenarios? I havent heard anything about this could you be more specific or post a link?

Quote:
it also has broader goals which vehemently oppose traditional western values and society
What traditional western values of society specifically? Do you mean "rationalism, self-criticism, the disinterested search for truth, separation of church and state, rule of law, equality before the law, freedom of conscience thought and expression, human rights, liberal democracy" or Christianity, Scholasticism, humanism, Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment?

Quote:
it grew out of marxism but actually didnt bother with the honorable parts of marxism ( concern for workers etc ) , it didnt need to as its in the overwhelming majority of cases ,an intelectual vanity project for middle class white women and especially metropolitan jews
What faucet of Marxism? The oppression of women within the family unit? Interesting that the white middle class and metropolitan Jewish women as slaves to produce heirs, as opposed to laborers as the working class women, would see woman's second class citizenship as a whole, according to Marxist theory, as a vanity project. Could you elaborate?

Quote:
What US groups are fighting for oppression within the Islamic society? Do you feel as thought feminists as an organization or as individuals should stand and take on Islam? If as recognized non-profit organization, which one and how do you think they should accomplish this goal given the current violence and terrorism associated with Islam?

Quote:
How and where specifically do you see this being done?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:19 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
[quote=styloguy;45842332]
Quote:
This is true, feminists are STRANGELY silent on the issue of Islam's treatment of women Same thing with Hillary (the so-called "champion of feminism"), even though she has accepted money/bribes from Arab countries
So called is correct. Though she would appear to support women's rights her support record for her husbands bills while in office would contradict that. She is almost as you claimed of the white middle class and metropolitan Jewish women. Not for the working class but for the elite white women into the ruling class.

Again on the issue of Islam's treatment of women: What US groups are fighting for oppression within the Islamic society? Do you feel as thought feminists as an organization or as individuals should stand and take on Islam? If as recognized non-profit organization, which one and how do you think they should accomplish this goal given the current violence and terrorism associated with Islam? And given feminist in the US are looked upon with disdain not only from outside but from within. Just look as a bunch of the post here. Do you think protest from western feminist would be advantageous to the cause?

Quote:
While we're on this topic, feminists are also STRANGELY silent on the elephant in the room that is American rap/hip-hop music. Rap/hip-hop music blatantly objectifies women and includes them in music videos only as eye candy and scantily-clad set pieces. I don't think i've EVER heard a feminist say anything about this, but i've known more than one feminist that listens to rap/hip-hop music, such hypocrisy
Actually there has be some feminist involvement with in the hip hop genre. In creating more favorable lyrics, female hip hop artists, etc.

Quote:
My theory as to why these feminist women are strangely SILENT on Islam's terrible treatment of women and rap/hip-hop music's sexual objectification of women is that women still do not "trump" Islam (religion card) or predominantly black music (race card). Therefore, as Islam and race are "higher" on the leftist totem pole, even women are not allowed to criticize either and thus are silent.... even though both are obviously contrary to feminism.
Are you saying all feminists are controlled by liberal politics and that the oppression and objectification of women pale in comparison to religious freedom and racism. Religion, or Islam particularity because Hillary, your proclaimed feminist leader, has spoken out to suppress to some extent Christian beliefs and morals. So then would you say all men are controlled by republicans?
Quote:
In any case, as others have already pointed out feminism falls under "first world problems" category, most of the women who self-identify as feminist don't ACTUALLY have any problems and are usually well-off financially and quite obviously well-fed. In other words, a lot of these feminist women simply have too much time of their hands and use it to complain complain complain about any and everything.
Actually, historically, activist have been those who are financially well off and do not have to spend their energies worrying about employment, housing and child care. We even see this with our current protesters. They are often unemployed and even paid to protest and not necessarily individuals who are actually personally affected by the very problems they are protesting.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:22 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
There is no such thing as feminism. If there is it is controlled by weak little men who want to over power stronger men using woman as a tool- feminists are dupes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies