Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 12:17 AM

983 posts, read 738,030 times

Advertisements

What really got me was the woman charged with using pepper spray to fend off a rapist in Denmark:

Danish girl used pepper spray to fight off rapist told SHE will face charges | Daily Mail Online

Now I don't mean for this to turn into a gun debate, that's not what this topic is about. While personally I believe all people should be allowed to use them to defend themselves, what I don't at all understand; especially speaking as a woman is why the hell so many non-lethal options for self-defense are illegal in so many European countries, and looking it up there are a lot of them.

What's the deal? Okay, I can understand at least the argument they may want to use when it comes to fire arms, but why the hell do so many have issues with people carrying things like pepper spray, tasers, etc.?? The chance of killing someone with such is very low and especially for women they can be very useful to have, ESPECIALLY now with all the third world women-hating people such countries happily import.

So are there any Europeans here are those that have lived in Europe that can explain why something as innocuous as f'n PEPPER SPRAY and other non-lethal defense options are illegal? Again, as a woman I may be biased but the story above makes my blood boil, I for one do carry mace with me wherever I go and haven't had to use it but like knowing I at least have something that could help if attacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 12:27 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
This is already going the same way in liberal states like mine. The end game is to completely take away every way for a person to defend themselves so they are 100 percent reliant on the government to keep them safe. Then the government owns you.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is already going the same way in liberal states like mine. The end game is to completely take away every way for a person to defend themselves so they are 100 percent reliant on the government to keep them safe. Then the government owns you.
Do you think in cases such as the above the government would truly rather the woman have been raped then use something to defend themselves? Do you think that is really the mentality those in positions of power have?

Old 10-12-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Do you think in cases such as the above the government would truly rather the woman have been raped then use something to defend themselves? Do you think that is really the mentality those in positions of power have?
Yes. People in liberal areas get prosecuted for defending themselves all the time. Especially if there is a racial difference.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yes. People in liberal areas get prosecuted for defending themselves all the time. Especially if there is a racial difference.
Where do you think they get that type of thinking from? Why on earth would they view being able to have access to a non-lethal defense option worse than actually getting beaten up/raped/sodomized etc.? Do they have no souls or what??

Old 10-12-2016, 01:33 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
It's not the people, it's the government nannies combined with a school system that brainwashes progressive ideals into people. I'm pretty progressive but the one area I disagree with progressives on is banning firearms. Firearms in the hands of responsible people with no history of felonies do more good than harm, assuming proper training of their use takes place.

Democrats have no interest in gun safety classes though, they just want them banned, so I can't vote democrat. For all the good aspects of progressives, they seem to give criminals a slap on the wrist and punish law abiding, working people whether it's taking away their rights or making them pay higher taxes to give to the criminals and other "undesirables". When a felon is caught with a gun in a major city they should go to jail/prison but often are just set free on probation, in turn they go and murder someone shortly after in a gang related shooting. Nice work enforcing the existing gun laws to keep them out of the hands of criminals you liberal judges. So we don't enforce the existing laws yet they want more of them, because they know us law abiding types will just roll over and obey those laws, meanwhile the criminals who already are violating gun laws when they bring them into "gun free zones" still won't obey them anyways.

They think disarming everyone to remove the supply will solve the problem.. these people will just use other means like knives then, and you'll never get them all out without a full blown revolution so good luck with that.

As far as Europe goes, just like in the US "law enforcement" is there to enforce the laws, no matter how stupid they might be. A lot of them don't use common sense or look at each situation individually, they just go and "enforce the law" .. the laws passed by your government nannies.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Where do you think they get that type of thinking from? Why on earth would they view being able to have access to a non-lethal defense option worse than actually getting beaten up/raped/sodomized etc.? Do they have no souls or what??
You're thinking like a rational person. People in power don't think like you. The goal is to stay in power with the most power for as long as possible. That's why stun guns are illegal in my state too. Putting your safety in the hands of the government 100 percent is the best way for the state to hold power over everyone.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:50 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
What really got me was the woman charged with using pepper spray to fend off a rapist in Denmark:

Danish girl used pepper spray to fight off rapist told SHE will face charges | Daily Mail Online

Now I don't mean for this to turn into a gun debate, that's not what this topic is about. While personally I believe all people should be allowed to use them to defend themselves, what I don't at all understand; especially speaking as a woman is why the hell so many non-lethal options for self-defense are illegal in so many European countries, and looking it up there are a lot of them.

What's the deal? Okay, I can understand at least the argument they may want to use when it comes to fire arms, but why the hell do so many have issues with people carrying things like pepper spray, tasers, etc.?? The chance of killing someone with such is very low and especially for women they can be very useful to have, ESPECIALLY now with all the third world women-hating people such countries happily import.

So are there any Europeans here are those that have lived in Europe that can explain why something as innocuous as f'n PEPPER SPRAY and other non-lethal defense options are illegal? Again, as a woman I may be biased but the story above makes my blood boil, I for one do carry mace with me wherever I go and haven't had to use it but like knowing I at least have something that could help if attacked.
The Law in the UK bans Offensive Weapons in order that criminals, criminal gangs, football hooligans etc don't have a legal excuse to possess or use such weapons.

The only people that can legally carry sprays and taser are the police, and the vast majority of British Police patrol the streets without firearms.

You are allowed to use (beyond) reasonable force to defend yourself and your property, however the carrying of any weapon for self defence is forbidden. What is reasonable force is for a Jury of your peers to decide in cases of serious injury or homicide.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:02 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
But how are you going to keep criminals from having and using weapons? They can grab a knife, club or a rock or a Mack truck if nothing else. And where is the deterrence if criminals know most people they target will be unarmed? And who wants to be put through a trial over a clear case of self defense? I predict Europeans are going to be sitting ducks when all the diversity gets too numerous.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:26 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But how are you going to keep criminals from having and using weapons? They can grab a knife, club or a rock or a Mack truck if nothing else. And where is the deterrence if criminals know most people they target will be unarmed? And who wants to be put through a trial over a clear case of self defense? I predict Europeans are going to be sitting ducks when all the diversity gets too numerous.
The Police use intelligence to prevent criminal actions, and have the power to search people and even scan them using detectors. The detterence is an issue for the Courts, and carrying a weapon and indeed using a weapon is an aggravating factor which will mean far harsher punishment.

In terms of carrying a weapon like a Spray, the matter would most likely be dealt with by way of warning or caution, however if you use an offensivce weapon, the case will have to be assessed by the police and Crown Prosecution Service before deciding on appriopriate action. Possession of Knives and bladed weapons are deemed more serious offences than possession of mere sprays in the eyes of the law.

It's also not just Europe, there are countries outside of Europe which have similar laws.

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-12-2016 at 03:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies