Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Did you think up that witty response all by yourself?

Hey, Donald likes single payer, too.

Trump Pushes Single Payer Healthcare, Tax Increase on Wealthy - Breitbart

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...r-health-care/

5 Times Donald Trump Praised Socialized Healthcare

There, do you feel better now?
I do. I support UHC. I do not trust Hillary to be anywhere near it though......she has already shown she is incapable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 09:22 PM

285 posts, read 196,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
"Obama" will be a slang term for failure in the future...
LOL!!! You are on to something, now make it happen

Urban Dictionary: Obama

Old 10-12-2016, 09:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,923,105 times
Quote:
Did you think up that witty response all by yourself?

Hey, Donald likes single payer, too.

Trump Pushes Single Payer Healthcare, Tax Increase on Wealthy - Breitbart

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...r-health-care/

5 Times Donald Trump Praised Socialized Healthcare

There, do you feel better now?
So the answer to my question is no.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:32 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,924,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Tell that to the people now paying 2-3 times what they were pre-Obamacare! Thousands of dollars of income, per person, now being spent on healthcare that could otherwise have been spent in other areas of our economy! Yes, it was a great 1st step!
The prices increases were much higher before Obamacare.

But I think we're on the same page here, the best solution is the solution which every single developed country in the world have chosen, including our closest allies Israel, the UK, Canada and Germany. And they are NOT communist no matter how many times people repeat that. Time to give the special interests of big pharma and big insurance the finger and create a Medicare-for-all single payer system. Time to finally invest in the quality of life of the American people and not just the quality of life of CEOs and lobbyists who own America.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:41 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,892,109 times
Quote:
The ACA was a good first step. From there we move to single payer. The framework is already in place. President Clinton will get it done.
People who share your beliefs are the reason this nation is in the toilet.. You know not of which you speak....

Old 10-12-2016, 09:44 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
The ACA was a good first step. From there we move to single payer. The framework is already in place. President Clinton will get it done.
No it wasn't. My premiums and deductibles doubled. Any attempts to "fix" it will only make it more expensive. Great move Democrats <sarcasm>. As if we didn't try to warn you but you ignored the warnings as usual.

I know someone who was all for this mess even attacking anyone who spoke out against it. They had insurance before Obamacare but now they can't afford it. I can't help but laugh at them for being so ignorant in believing Obama and Democrats. I have no sympathy for them.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No it wasn't. My premiums and deductibles doubled. Any attempts to "fix" it will only make it more expensive.

Great move Democrats <sarcasm>. As if we didn't try to warn you but you ignored the warnings as usual.
America's health care system is more than twice as expensive as health care systems of other developed countries that ALL have universal health care paid through taxpayer money.

This is the reality. In America, people regularly go bankrupt because of cancer treatments and hospital bills. Children die regularly because parents cant afford treatments. In other civilized countries that would be seen as a huge scandal. But as long as we allow big insurance giants and big pharma to be the financial overlords of our politicians, costs will continue to increase rapidly. Medicare-for-all is the way to go.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
America's health care system is more than twice as expensive as health care systems of other developed countries that ALL have universal health care paid through taxpayer money.

This is the reality. In America, people regularly go bankrupt because of cancer treatments and hospital bills. Children die regularly because parents cant afford treatments. In other civilized countries that would be seen as a huge scandal. But as long as we allow big insurance giants and big pharma to be the financial overlords of our politicians, costs will continue to increase rapidly. Medicare-for-all is the way to go.
Children don't die "regularly".

Old 10-12-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Children don't die "regularly".
Of course they do. Millions of children dont have access to health care because parents dont have insurance and because of costs of medicines and treatments and they die as a result. This is the free market way.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:40 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The prices increases were much higher before Obamacare.

But I think we're on the same page here, the best solution is the solution which every single developed country in the world have chosen, including our closest allies Israel, the UK, Canada and Germany. And they are NOT communist no matter how many times people repeat that. Time to give the special interests of big pharma and big insurance the finger and create a Medicare-for-all single payer system. Time to finally invest in the quality of life of the American people and not just the quality of life of CEOs and lobbyists who own America.
My god if that were true my premiums would be thousands per month. Nice try though.

Obamacare SUCKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies