Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:40 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Notice how the "intellectuals" didn't understand it was a joke? Because they are "so smart", "smarter than us". Did you know that humor is a sign of intelligence?
Yeah, and you missed me putting No_Recess and Wall Street Kid on Double Secret Probation for excessive use of vague pop culture references, and now you're on it too! It's about time someone put their foot down around here, and that foot is me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 09:00 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
cue The Twilight Zone theme...

Old 10-13-2016, 09:09 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Bill was raping and molesting women back when he was in school. It is documented.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:52 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Notice how the "intellectuals" didn't understand it was a joke? Because they are "so smart", "smarter than us". Did you know that humor is a sign of intelligence?

Being funny is associated with having above-average intelligence - Business Insider

Dear liberals: Get a sense of humor.

I know what you're going to say, "Animal House" was a movie that was beneath you, blah blah, I didn't watch it, either, but dang, what rock are you living under not to have heard that line before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI
Exactly. Three smug brats, probably millenials, acting high and mighty when they were too uninformed to appreciate a reference to a great piece of Americana.

This country is screwed when the millenials come of age, if it isn't already. Ignorant.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:01 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Chill libs.

He's referencing the movie Animal House.

It was a raunchy frat comedy almost 40 Years ago. I know you haven't seen it because it's dripping with micro-aggressions and un-PC content.
It is a funny movie. Mostly because Belushi was a freakin' comedic genius playing a boisterous loud clown who you essentially follow around to see what he does next.

But if memory serves, Bluto's speech takes place right after the Deltas have lost. Lost their charter, been expelled from the University, suddenly eligible for the draft. The real world caught up with the fantasy. Out of options, they essentially postpone facing reality by upsetting a parade - a loud, symbolic action with little lasting impact. Bluto comes out on top, his followers not so much.

You know what? - that quote is perfect in this context.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Toga Toga Toga!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Oh, I saw that one. That movie had the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor, though.

I don't know what to believe anymore. This all gets so confusing.
OK, now that was funny. Well played. Well played indeed.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:04 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It is a funny movie. Mostly because Belushi was a freakin' comedic genius playing a boisterous loud clown who you essentially follow around to see what he does next.

But if memory serves, Bluto's speech takes place right after the Deltas have lost. Lost their charter, been expelled from the University, suddenly eligible for the draft. The real world caught up with the fantasy. Out of options, they essentially postpone facing reality by upsetting a parade - a loud, symbolic action with little lasting impact. Bluto comes out on top, his followers not so much.

You know what? - that quote is perfect in this context.
I guess that puts us at the food fight scene right about now, no?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I guess that puts us at the food fight scene right about now, no?
No, the food fight was in Act I.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:15 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Are we still waiting for the video?

Old 10-14-2016, 05:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You are joking, right?

It's a quote from the movie Animal House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies