Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 01:40 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,603,637 times

Advertisements

I think her response was absolutely correct. She hit him just hard enough to stop the threat. She should get some sort of award for pest control. While he gets some disciplinary punishment so he knows the cost of pulling hair.

I just watched the video. All three guys should get disciplined. That was an organized assault and a much greater transgression than an isolated incident. That was a good solid slap. He deserved it. So did the other two jerks.

To put this into my perspective, I wore my hair long enough to grab when I came back from boating on the Mekong for a year. If some fool had grabbed my hair he would have wound up on the coroner's table. If there were more than one, all of them would be lying side by side. I no longer wear long hair but if someone does assault me they may wind up in the same place even if I am no longer as strong and fast as then. Some call it PTSD but I call it operant paranoia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 01:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,818,152 times
I hate to bring race into this but ya don't mess with a black woman's hair.

Junior got what he deserved.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:06 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I hate to bring race into this but ya don't mess with a black woman's hair.

Junior got what he deserved.
Yeah....not usually a good idea.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,691,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A friend and I are arguing about this at work. He says that she should be suspended or expelled for overreacting, and that she technically COULD be charged with assault.

My take? She should definitely be suspended, but this doesn't rise to the level of an unprovoked assault to me since he pulled her hair first.

And expulsion should be completely out of the question IMHO.

What say you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
They should both be suspended, both charged with assault, and both be liable for any damages they caused.
i agree, both of them, along with the other two guys, should be suspended and charged with misdemeanor battery.

in the case of the last two, he should have to pay to repair her hair extensions, if necessary, and if he had a concussion as a result, she should pay his medical bills. include fines and community service for all four, and that should be the end of it.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:02 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,782,023 times
This video was created as part of a social experiment.

Students in one group were first told about sexual assault and heard from victims.

Second group were first shown a speech by Donald Trump.

Students in the second group were 90% more likely to say he sexually assualted her.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:05 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree, both of them, along with the other two guys, should be suspended and charged with misdemeanor battery.

in the case of the last two, he should have to pay to repair her hair extensions, if necessary, and if he had a concussion as a result, she should pay his medical bills. include fines and community service for all four, and that should be the end of it.
LOL @ "concussion."

I saw his soul leave his body. LOL

Old 10-15-2016, 12:46 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,764,128 times
No charges against her. She was defending herself. When you put your hands on someone and cause harm expect a response. Not like she continued to pummel him.
If anyone should be punished it should be the guy. Except he's already been punished. Looks like it was a joke that backfired, nothing malicious.

I wonder which of the two guys who didn't get smacked thought of the idea?

Old 10-15-2016, 12:49 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,764,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think her response was absolutely correct. She hit him just hard enough to stop the threat. She should get some sort of award for pest control. While he gets some disciplinary punishment so he knows the cost of pulling hair.

I just watched the video. All three guys should get disciplined. That was an organized assault and a much greater transgression than an isolated incident. That was a good solid slap. He deserved it. So did the other two jerks.

To put this into my perspective, I wore my hair long enough to grab when I came back from boating on the Mekong for a year. If some fool had grabbed my hair he would have wound up on the coroner's table. If there were more than one, all of them would be lying side by side. I no longer wear long hair but if someone does assault me they may wind up in the same place even if I am no longer as strong and fast as then. Some call it PTSD but I call it operant paranoia.
an organized assault??? So throw in conspiracy charges!!!
lmao
Assault really doesn't go with lightly pulling a persons hair.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,501,321 times
They're not in high school, as I had thought, but students of Wingate University.

They're a little old for pulling ponytails. What next? Snapping their bra's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies