Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 08:32 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So what happens if China, Iran and N. Korea back the Russians? Is the world screwed? Nukes? Could the US fight a war with so many internal conflicts (rather "soft" population that is politically/socially divided)?
Then it is possible that it REALLY won't matter who is President. If we lose, we will answer to another authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 08:33 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,744,669 times
Quote:
So what happens if China, Iran and N. Korea back the Russians? Is the world screwed? Nukes? Could the US fight a war with so many internal conflicts (rather "soft" population that is politically/socially divided)?
I could just see some of the 18 year olds being drafted to fight standing in a war zone bitching that someone was mean to them and wanting to go back to their safe zone, while the enemy is closing in ready to kill them. Not to mention the ones that decide that they are no longer men and are now women who cannot fight on the front lines just as the shooting starts. We are not ready for a world war.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:36 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
We're not. The puppet masters want us in Syria so bad they built ISIS up, hyped and advertised it and let Obama and Putin do some saber rattling to impress the dunces back home. Hillary and Putin are in thick, or at least she's on board with whatever they have planned and Putin is willing to go along with. The second they started saying that Trump was friendly with Putin you knew the exact OPPOSITE Was true and the Clntons were the ones making deals for their bosses.
One of the very few things our congress has done right was to refuse to go into Syria and actually listen to the American people, who are far wiser than our leaders in either party.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:39 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I could just see some of the 18 year olds being drafted to fight standing in a war zone bitching that someone was mean to them and wanting to go back to their safe zone, while the enemy is closing in ready to kill them. Not to mention the ones that decide that they are no longer men and are now women who cannot fight on the front lines just as the shooting starts. We are not ready for a world war.
Haha that's what I see. I could also see protests against the "white mans war" in major cities...maybe looting and trashing major cities while we prepare to fight.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
The reason we are headed to nuclear war with Russia is that our liberal idiots are focused on some locker room talk of men about women 11 years ago...nothing else matters to them.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,423 times
War with Russia relies on the perceived willingness of the leader to push the button. Anyone see Obama pushing the button?

No way will I support a conventional war with a nuclear super power. It's nuclear war or nothing, and that is what has kept us from having a nuclear war. The threat (promise) of mutual destruction. An armed society is a polite society. It's policy that worked for 70+ years and ended a world war.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:46 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,744,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
War with Russia relies on the perceived willingness of the leader to push the button. Anyone see Obama pushing the button?

No way will I support a conventional war with a nuclear super power. It's nuclear war or nothing, and that is what has kept us from having a nuclear war. The threat (promise) of mutual destruction. An armed society is a polite society. It's policy that worked for 70+ years and ended a world war.
Yes I can see Obama pushing the button, and I can see Hillary pushing it faster than Obama. You are fooling yourself if you do not think they would do it. Look at what happens every time there has been a scandal over recent years, we bomb someone. What happens if Trump is elected? What happens if they are caught rigging the election? Russia looks to be next on the list.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:46 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
AIPAC and Saudi.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:47 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,423 times
Quote:
Haha that's what I see. I could also see protests against the "white mans war" in major cities...maybe looting and trashing major cities while we prepare to fight.
Won't happen. This is nuclear war. The US to date has never been at war directly with a nuclear armed nation and for a reason. The threat/promise of mutual destruction. The idea of men in helmets with machine guns and grenades marching into war is unrealistic when dealing with a nuclear armed nation. It ends with the button being pushed. It's why the US had multiple nuclear armed b52s circling the globe during the cold war. This is proven policy. Walk softly, carry a big stick.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:52 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Clinton is comparing hand size with Trump. That's all this is.
Wrong. Trump has nothing to do with this mess. Obama is a narcissistic twit with a major ego problem when it comes to Putin. Plus Joe Biden has dirty hands when it comes to the Ukraine. You morons on the left are screaming about something Trump said eleven years ago while your Democratic leaders are flirting with war with Russia. Another freaking nuclear armed superpower! But that's not important, because, well...Trump.

Democrats are insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies