Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 03:14 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Armed with the information these three men intended to blow up a building full of men, women and children, what would you have done?
Tsk Tsk, do not lie about the discussion I was talking about, it makes you look like you are "paid" to make a point.

The poster stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW
Four guys sit around an table and discuss how to kill the people that they hate. Three are government agents and one is a fool. That is the way it has always been and always will be.
I stated my argument on the premise that it was a discussion, nothing more. I even clarified such with saying that my point was based on such.

If YOU claim otherwise, it is outside of the context of my discussion and you are manufacturing a result.

So please, stay on context, or please... do not respond to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 03:15 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Yet Islam teaches specifically currently to do as it does. Are you ignorant of the Koran and the Hadith? It is quite clear what it demands, even currently it demands this. Now there are some Muslims who claim that they do not follow such teachings, they choose to ignore them and focus on the areas of the Koran which are peaceful, but... this is a choice to avoid doing what the Koran and Hadith demand.

As for the Old Testament, it appears you are not familiar with Christianity. The Old Testament is an account of the times before Christ, it is the Covenant between God and the Hebrew. He gave them a specific set of standards and expectations to follow. Also, what you read is the stories of those times when God interacted with man and dictated to his people.

The New Testament is what Christians follow. You see, when Christ came and died for everyones sins, he fulfilled the laws. This is why we live by grace, we do not sacrifice sheep, stone sinners, or practice any of the laws of the Jewish synagogues. This is clearly established in the New Testament, so any "violence" or accusations of such you might think you have are invalid, unsupported and I welcome you to quote as you think you can to prove otherwise, you will be shown incorrect.

As I said, Islam still to this very day supports and promotes violence against the unbeliever. Sure, there are those who CHOOSE to ignore these requirements, but they are not Muslims, just as there are many who call themselves Christians and refuse to follow the teachings of Christ.

I hate to break it to you, but this isn't an issue of Trump. This is an issue of Islamic Terrorists attacking this country (and the world) over the years, the beheading, the rapes, the mass killings, the cheering of American deaths, the demand to be subjugated, the murder of Christians, gays, and women of the world.

Now I know you are stretching. Based on your above dismissal of the obvious threat Islamic Terrorist pose to the world, the numerous and consistent evidence provided in Europe and throughout the world, you seem to be acting that of an apologist. One can not divert the threat of Islamic Terror and focus on the incidents you have without completely destroying credibility.

You play the part of an apologists and I specifically question your motives.
LoL..I hate to break it to YOU--but you don't get to define the issue--to fit your argument--just because you obviously have an agenda, does not make your premise correct.

My motives..simply to state that I believe that the danger of home-grown, right-wing, domestic terrorism is as dangerous to our country as Islamic terrorism. Maybe more so--as Domestic Terrorism attacks the very fabric of our society.

While I appreciate your slanted discourse on what you define as 'Christianity' and 'Islam'--I simply don't agree. Many Christians believe that the Old Testament is the Word of God. Just as many Moslem people reject the out-moded exhortations of the Koran. To simply dismiss the majority who reject Jihadism--is a mistake, IMO.
Perhaps the real problem, in a larger context, is religious fanaticism of all faiths. Islam certainly does not have any patent on extremism..as even a cursory reading of history will reveal.

I would put to you that despite our both reading the same writings, it's clear that we have come to very different conclusions as to what is going on. Oh well, life goes on...
...And yes..I do think that Trump incites the worst sort of behavior in some people.

Bolded--Simple solutions for complex problems are the signs of sloppy thinking--IMO.
Just as one can chew bubble gum and walk..one can deal with Islamic Terrorism and Domestic Terrorism--by the application of the same laws--we treat all terrorists the same..with life in prison..or death--however they choose to be served.

Last edited by EvilEyeFleegle; 10-16-2016 at 03:25 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
LoL..I hate to break it to YOU--but you don't get to define the issue--to fit your argument--just because you obviously have an agenda, does not make your premise correct.
I responded to your argument, do not presume to tell me anything, argue your point properly, or run along.

Quote:
My motives..simply to state that I believe that the danger of home-grown, right-wing, domestic terrorism is as dangerous to our country as Islamic terrorism. Maybe more so--as Domestic Terrorism attacks the very fabric of our society.
Your argument was that of an apologist, one who made leaps to accuse Americans and Christianity of fault in the face of thousands of transgressions of those you defended.

Quote:
While I appreciate your slanted discourse on what you define as 'Christianity' and 'Islam'--I simply don't agree. Many Christians believe that the Old Testament is the Word of God. Just as many Moslem people reject the out-moded exhortations of the Koran. To simply dismiss the majority who reject Jihadism--is a mistake, IMO.
Your ignorance of the facts are not grounds for disagreement. You can claim to disagree all you like, but it is obvious you know nothing about either Christianity or Islam.

Quote:
Perhaps the real problem, in a larger context, is religious fanaticism of all faiths. Islam certainly does not have any patent on extremism..as even a cursory reading of history will reveal.
You have no concept of the problem as you have no understanding of the cause as is shown by your complete ignorance of the Christianity and that of Islam so anything you conclude is tainted by such ignorance and without merit.

Quote:
I would put to you that despite our both reading the same writings, it's clear that we have come to very different conclusions as to what is going on. Oh well, life goes on...
...And yes..I do think that Trump incites the worst sort of behavior in some people.
I think that you have no clue of what you are talking about and I have no desire to educate someone who is obviously more interested in their politics than the truth.

So you run along, welcome to ignore.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:28 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
Quote:
So please, stay on context, or please... do not respond to me.
My question is apart and separate from your discussion with the other poster. If you don't want to answer it that's fine. If & when you own your own forum, you'll get to dictate the course of a thread and who posts what there.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:47 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
I responded to your argument, do not presume to tell me anything, argue your point properly, or run along.

Your argument was that of an apologist, one who made leaps to accuse Americans and Christianity of fault in the face of thousands of transgressions of those you defended.

Your ignorance of the facts are not grounds for disagreement. You can claim to disagree all you like, but it is obvious you know nothing about either Christianity or Islam.

You have no concept of the problem as you have no understanding of the cause as is shown by your complete ignorance of the Christianity and that of Islam so anything you conclude is tainted by such ignorance and without merit.

I think that you have no clue of what you are talking about and I have no desire to educate someone who is obviously more interested in their politics than the truth.

So you run along, welcome to ignore.
LOL....Your rudeness is to be expected from the tone of your posts...just because you have no coherent rebuttal save insult, does not in any way support your position..in fact..it undermines whatever you might have to say. As always, we can let the crowd decide just who makes the most sense--the beauty of this site.

You, of course, also have an ignore button--although your apparent newbie status is obviously a lie--what happened....???

Old 10-16-2016, 06:36 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Quote:
You really should be in charge of their legal defense.
The hilarity of this would be beyond measure.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
My question is apart and separate from your discussion with the other poster. If you don't want to answer it that's fine. If & when you own your own forum, you'll get to dictate the course of a thread and who posts what there.
Or I can just place him on ignore. I guess I do have the power to limit his speech as it concerns my need to read it.

By the way, the comment of such was informative that I will no longer be taking part in a discussion with him. If you do not like that, please feel free to create your own forum and dictate the terms to everyone.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:53 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Just 3 more deplorables boldly encouraged by Trump to annihilate Muslims.
Yes because Trump supporters want to annihilate Muslims.

This is an example of an outlier 'radical' terroristic act.

The sad part is you know that already.

Keep drinking the lemonade they pour for you.

And they want to call me deplorable.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Three men were arrested on Friday for threatening to attack an apartment complex and mosque in Garden City.

Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall says Curtis Allen, 49, Gavin Wright, 51, and Patrick Stein were all charged with domestic terrorism.

Beall said the three were planning to bomb an apartment complex and mosque in Garden City occupied by a Muslim community of about 120 Somali refugees.

Beall said the men planned to carry out the attack on Nov. 9, the day after Election Day.

3 men charged in Garden City bomb plot

I have said way worse..... When blowing a little steam about the Muslim element being imported.

Heck, pretty sure I have said worse right here

Old 10-17-2016, 09:33 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have said way worse..... When blowing a little steam about the Muslim element being imported.

Heck, pretty sure I have said worse right here
The distinction is between talking about it and acting on it. Everyone on CD knows you just talk about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies