Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 04:29 AM

8 posts, read 8,824 times

Advertisements

What are the arguments for or against repealing the 19th amendment? Personally I think it would be for the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 07:41 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Asks for arguments, then doesn't provide one...

There is no argument for repealing the 19th. It's an internet meme spread around by people who don't need no education because they found that if only men voted, Trump will win. It basically means that when democracy doesn't go you're way, you should make it undemocratic.

And don't worry Sergeant Smooth... you're real smooth. The reason you're not getting any is because of feminism, not your repugnant political opinions.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:43 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Been downhill ever since.

Just saying.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:44 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
/sigh

I find it odd how you would run to that one first and ignore trying to fix (or rather force the actual meaning) of the 14th to avoid its abuses, or to repeal the 16th, going back to a head tax, or repeal the 17th where we desperately need to return the power back to the states, but no... you suggest the 19th? /facepalm

Old 10-17-2016, 07:47 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantsmooth View Post
What are the arguments for or against repealing the 19th amendment? Personally I think it would be for the best.
Isis is all for that, they hate women.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:56 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm surprised that so many women are choosing to vote (Dem) to continue the problems that are causing their own families to struggle:

Illegal immigration, which is flooding the country with no/low-skilled workers that use up community resources (schools must spend more money on bilingual ed, to remediate learning deficiencies, etc.), driving up rent as competition for affordable housing increases, increased competition for jobs which keeps wages depressed.

Obamacare, which even the Dem Governor of MN said is unaffordable.

The over-reliance on too few people (the top 5%) for a disproportionate amount of the federal income tax revenue, which is causing the federal government to widen income/wealth gaps and make the rich even richer in order to maximize the tax revenue needed to pay for very the social programs that buy women's votes. What a vicious circle that is.

A little critical thinking would do a lot of women a lot of good. And I say that as a woman, myself.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:01 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Women are just as smart as men and certainly have a stake in our society. Why would anyone want to take a huge step backwards and take away their voting right? Would those same men take away their shoes, knock them up and tell them to go cook something for dinner?

What gets me about any voter is that some are uninformed. I know a woman who is voting for Hillary because she is a woman and that is it. She doesn't care about her politics or even the lies. Now that women shouldn't be voting.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:02 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Repeal the 19th and grab em by their pu55y, right?

Old 10-17-2016, 08:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Leaders and hard decisions are never good when made from the passive minds of our species.
The strong will kill the weak. Men know this, women hate to deal with it.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
So...big fan of Sharia Law, I would guess, OP? What's next? Women must be covered from head to toe out in public so a lech like Donald Trump isn't tempted to grab their private parts? Or maybe you would like for girls to be denied an education altogether, so they will not get all uppity and believe they should be able to think for themselves. Their menfolk will tell them what to think, right? Or better yet, maybe we could outlaw women being allowed to express any opinion whatsoever. Their "opinions" will be whatever the men who own them say they are. I bet that all sounds good to you, right?

No, really, OP, tell us what your desired outcome is for denying more than 50 percent of the population the right to be heard based solely on their reproductive organs if not some form of Sharia Law. We want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies