Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
She was kicking them out. She said if they booed at her Trump insults they would be removed by security, they didn't feel like being silenced so they left. Ive been to many comedy shows and have never seen people kicked out for booing, it is normal for audiences to react with cheers or boos to certain subjects. A good comedian has comebacks to negative reactions. Schumers threat was representative of liberal censorship and intolerance.
Just shows her insecurity and ignorance. Typical of leftists, silence the opposition but claim to be tolerant. She never was funny and only got where she is because she has a rauchy senator for an uncle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 01:23 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
How many thousands stayed?
Far less than the typical Trump rally...and those people go for free. Another reason Amy ******* is a bitter, hateful lib

Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The economy is so bad that people are popping an average of $135 to see Amy Schumer as she tours the country to sold out venues. That 1-2% of the audience walks out generates a buzz and probably helps sell out the next venue. That 98-99% of the audience stays and applauds suggests they are unlikely Trump voters.

I would not read too much into it, one way or another.
It suggests they didn't want to waste $135 and know what her comedy is about. If it was free, people are more inclined to walk, at $135 people stay. BUT the main point is, they are fans of hers and it has little to do with which candidate her fans support imo.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
She's the left's equivalent of Larry the Cable Guy; just not as funny. Tells lots of crude jokes, makes lots of money.

What is dumb is that people bought tickets...with no clue of her politics of the facts that she makes that a major part of her show.
I haven't heard much of her comedy the last year. When I did, spots limited to ~15 minutes, I didn't notice much political. When did she become political in her comedy? When Trump started running?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:52 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
I wouldn't have gone to her show in the first place, I personally think her jokes can be pretty disgusting and don't find her funny. But, I watched the video and I barely heard any booing at all. The vast majority of people at that show are liberal, and that shouldn't be too surprising. So if 200 people left, that's roughly 1% walked out if the show was sold out...

A liberal comedian said outrageous things about a right wing politician, and people are shocked? Has no one turned on Comedy Central in the last 30 years?

Old 10-17-2016, 01:59 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Can't imagine going on a stage at a comedy show, to defend anyone.

I historically avoid large crowds, whenever possible. Certainly not going to shell out $ hundreds to be in a crowded arena. I have no interest paying $ hundreds to listen to any entertainer spout their politics, regardless of ideology. It's obvious these headliners have no trouble selling out without our patronage.
Amy Schumer was daring if there was any Trump supporter who was willing to defend him... so this guy who is not really a Trump supporter but anti Hillary voter as he said on the radio, went on stage as he was done paying to hear jokes when she was bashing Trump. Not with jokes but a political rant!

I think what the man did was great as he paid so much money to hear jokes but not to hear a political rant that had nothing to do with comedy.

I agree with people who say not to buy tickets as I would never do but having said that nobody expected a political rant. They seem to expect some negative jokes about him but not this.

Whatever the percentage is, I applaud people for walking out if you don't agree. Silent protesting is what they did and they show character.

I doubt if they were all Trump supporters as most Trump supporters know better and not to pay a dime for her show.

I know who this comedian is but had no clue that she is related to Chuck Schumer. Thanks for informing me of that but I would not google this comedian as I have nothing that I like about her and only posted this since I heard on the local station the interview with the man who got on stage.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:53 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I got Amy Schumer's number when I watched the overhyped movie, "Trainwreck". I enjoyed it, because I liked a few of the performances (like Lebron James, and John Cena, naked)but if you saw it, you know what you are getting with her. What you are getting is just another bitter angry liberal performer who is out of touch with mainstream America.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:56 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Which begs the question - Schumer has made no secret of how she feels about Trump. Why would a Trump supporter buy a ticket to see her if they would be that offended when she makes fun of him????

Talk about low information...

I know who Ted Nugent is. If I bought a ticket to see him, and then got offended by his political rants - that would be on ME for being dumb, not on him for being disagreeable.

Nugent fans, even Conservative ones, would not expect Uncle Ted to do a concert laden with political rants.

They expect him to play rock and roll.....which he does.

Maybe the people who went to see Amy Schumer expected her to do her self deprecating "look what a **** I am" routine laden with jokes about her vagina instead of a political attack on Trump.

People on both sides are sick of this election, sick of the 24/7 media hype.

Maybe they just wanted to escape the BS for a couple hours with her show?

Old 10-17-2016, 04:40 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
What number is even 20 Trillion Dollars?
20,000 Billion.

Otherwise known as 20 million million (20,000,000 x $1 million dollars).

Old 10-17-2016, 04:56 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I got Amy Schumer's number when I watched the overhyped movie, "Trainwreck". I enjoyed it, because I liked a few of the performances (like Lebron James, and John Cena, naked)but if you saw it, you know what you are getting with her. What you are getting is just another bitter angry liberal performer who is out of touch with mainstream America.

Used to be Jeaneane Garofalo was the angry not-funny SJW comedian except she is at least intelligent.

Bill Maher is fun to watch lately, he's so freaked out over Trump its actually kind of funny. I liked him better as a libertarian then he went full blown elitist lefty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies