Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 08:52 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times

Advertisements

I would love to be on this jury and award millions to this woman. Who in their right mind would not recognize that somebody in a car accident could be disoriented and shaken up. Next time DON'T CALL 911 for help.

OH, and if she were black, Obama, Sharpton and Jackson would have showed up.
-------------------------
"Who arrests a sober person for DUI?" asks Amanda Houghton in an interview with KUTV, the CBS station in Salt Lake City. Police in Layton City, Utah, that's who.

A dashcam video shows a police officer handcuffing Houghton and feeling around her breasts after she failed a roadside sobriety test, which she provoked by calling for help after her car was rear-ended at a traffic light. "Don't touch me!" says Houghton, recoiling from the chest pat-down. "I can search you," says the cop, "and that's what I'm doing."

As Lt. Travis Lyman explained to KUTV, the officer was right about that. "It may have caught her off guard," Lyman said, but "she was under arrest, and that's standard practice. Anytime somebody gets arrested, they're gonna be searched."

And why was Houghton under arrest? Is it a crime to be the victim of a rear-end collision? Only if it really upsets you.

Utah Cop Arrests Shaken but Sober Car Crash Victim for DUI - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,640,874 times
Wow, that's pretty horrible!

About five years ago, I was involved in a car crash that totaled my car. A woman pulled out of an intersection without bothering to see if any traffic was coming and I t-boned her. It was her fault.

I was certainly shaken up. Literally. I tried calling 911 but couldn't remember the name of the street I was on, even though I travelled that street at least four times a day! I couldn't walk very well and had trouble communicating.

The cops had to help me walk to the ambulance. I don't think it even crossed their minds that I might be drunk or high!

Where I live, the taxes are high, but we hire intelligent, competent police officers and they are well paid. They all go through rigorous psychological tests and must have at least a Bachelor's degree.

IMO, those things make a big difference in police departments and how they interact with the public.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,083,718 times
We generally try to have a female officer search women...absent that we use a pat down method that doesn't touch the sensitive parts of the breast..but does allow a search underneath them...a common place to hide narcotics...and some skanks even have hidden a knife or other weapon depending upon how well endowed they were.

Perhaps you would like to touch some smelly sweaty floppy bag of skin... Not me.. searching women is nasty

As far as the women not coming back with a positive test..it happens..humans are fallible... I have only had it once in my career... There was an actual substance but it ended up not being a narcotic. It was unknown

This thread is your typical I hate police thread .. long in outrage..short on substance. It easy to scour the internet for them...obviously you have zero experience being in tbe front seat of a police car...perhaps you have other experiences that drive your agenda. Have you ever been searched? Did you think it a sexual battery?

I assume you've been under the influence... Maybe even driven.. exhibiting sometimes symptoms that could be construed as being high when you weren't high at the time.

It appears the officer based upon the totality of the circumstances...the behavior exhibited..felt there was sufficient PC. Good luck with the lawsuit..easy to sue..harder to show malice...
People arrested get handcuffed..people handcuffed get searched... Women included...
Stow the false outrage..there was no sexual assault

I'd like to read the actual police report instead of a biased internet site.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
This thread is your typical I hate police thread .. long in outrage..short on substance. It easy to scour the internet for them....
No, you have it all wrong. I don't hate police. I hate police that abuse their power. There is a huge difference and the fact that you don't understand the difference speaks volumes about you.

People who abuse their power are the lowest form of life.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,640,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
We generally try to have a female officer search women...absent that we use a pat down method that doesn't touch the sensitive parts of the breast..but does allow a search underneath them...a common place to hide narcotics...and some skanks even have hidden a knife or other weapon depending upon how well endowed they were.

Perhaps you would like to touch some smelly sweaty floppy bag of skin... Not me.. searching women is nasty
Sounds like one of those minimum wage, less than HS education, unstable cops.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:55 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
It's not theft or murder in your government costume either but nearly everyone accepts it.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:55 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
And then the victim is at risk of losing her job, children (if she has any), and reputation for being falsely arrested. America the free.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:57 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,477,514 times
And why wasn't the one who rear ended her arrested?

That poor woman had a horrible experience and there was nothing she could have done to prevent it.

http://kutv.com/news/local/woman-cla...she-called-911

"Lyman confirmed the blood tests showed Amanda had no drugs or alcohol in her system but said it’s up to prosecutors and the judge to determine if the charges will be dropped."

Last edited by yspobo; 10-17-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 10-17-2016, 02:02 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Full article:

Woman claims police wrongly arrested, searched her after she called 911 | KUTV

What a bunch of BS.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:10 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I would love to be on this jury and award millions to this woman. Who in their right mind would not recognize that somebody in a car accident could be disoriented and shaken up. Next time DON'T CALL 911 for help.

OH, and if she were black, Obama, Sharpton and Jackson would have showed up.
-------------------------
"Who arrests a sober person for DUI?" asks Amanda Houghton in an interview with KUTV, the CBS station in Salt Lake City. Police in Layton City, Utah, that's who.

A dashcam video shows a police officer handcuffing Houghton and feeling around her breasts after she failed a roadside sobriety test, which she provoked by calling for help after her car was rear-ended at a traffic light. "Don't touch me!" says Houghton, recoiling from the chest pat-down. "I can search you," says the cop, "and that's what I'm doing."

As Lt. Travis Lyman explained to KUTV, the officer was right about that. "It may have caught her off guard," Lyman said, but "she was under arrest, and that's standard practice. Anytime somebody gets arrested, they're gonna be searched."

And why was Houghton under arrest? Is it a crime to be the victim of a rear-end collision? Only if it really upsets you.

Utah Cop Arrests Shaken but Sober Car Crash Victim for DUI - Hit & Run : Reason.com
So let me get this straight ~~ I car involved in a HIT & Run Accident who had a women in THAT VEHICLE..is patted down, arrested because of her being non- compliment, surrounded by a Police car and a few "Badged LE Officers" then felt the need to feel her up for weapons..arrest her because even in her confusion she realized some men were molesting her...Okay dokey then~~ Kind of explains a lot about what this "Abuses of Power" by some ignorant type LE Officers!! Of course, NO ONE is claiming ALL behave this way..Just like not ALL Men advertise to take advantage of the vulnerable ...

In short~~ It comes down to a very SIMPLE FACT~~ Some men with POWER take advantage of their position and get away with it..and YEP~~ The deplorable's accept it and applaud it as if it's a "Necessary Evil"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies