Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel bad that Al Gore lost in 2000?
Yes 31 26.50%
No 86 73.50%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:24 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Gore is made about his lack of Foreign Policy that caused 911.As we recall Clinton Let Bin Ladden Go!

I am Glad he lost . Loser!
Without legal grounds to hold Bin laden he had no choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 06:39 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Without legal grounds to hold Bin laden he had no choice.
What are you talking about?

Do you believe he was captured and then released?

You might want to familiarize yourself with the topic before inserting foot.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
A "final reckoning" is not a declaration or support for war.

He announced his formal opposition to the War in Sept. 2002.

USATODAY.com - Gore blasts Bush on Iraq war

https://www2.gwu.edu/~action/2004/go...e092302sp.html
and yet on the same day he was stating this:

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

Al Gore, Former Clinton Vice-President
Speech to San Francisco Commonwealth Club
September 23, 2002

Old 10-19-2016, 10:59 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
Gore was robbed thanks to Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris. They conspired to give his brother Florida. They decided a recount wasn't needed. Now, that was crooked Republican crap. Glad Bush isn't in this election. He isn't the smartest brother after all. A disappointment to his mother. He isn't allowed to speak english at home....

Old 10-19-2016, 01:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
As for me, Yes, I do; indeed, I still think that Al Gore would have probably been a better President than George W. Bush was.

Anyway, any thoughts on this?
I voted for him but he lost so...water under the bridge.

[shrug]

Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
One thing that's a definite. If Al Gore had been president, they would not have been an Iraq War. As a result, some 4000 military members would still be alive and 100,000+ Iraqi women and children would also still be alive. Furthermore, the US Treasury would have a lot more $$$ for better usage.
Of course there would have been. What in the world would make you think Gore had the backbone to ignore Congress and not send in the troops?

Old 10-19-2016, 04:36 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
You're crazy if you think gore wouldn't have gone into Afghanistan. Bernie sanders would have gone into Afghanistan after 9/11.

Also, please explain specifically how Bush was responsible for the housing bubble? Was he encouraging irresponsible loans?
There is going into Afghanistan and there is going...
In their absolute arrogance (mixed with equal) ignorance, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz pushed Bush forward to nation building. In iraq's case "defeating a cruel dictator" and bringing democracy to the Iraqi (and Afghan) people. Second, they dismantled the Iraqi army and police forces, triggering a catastrophic period for this country.
I belive that other people, perhaps lesser douchebags, may have attacked the Taliban, but wouldn't engage in nation building for decades. Same with Saddam. It would had been a year or two military adventure, vs forever.
Economy:Bush began by giving back taxes "to the people", thus triggering another disastrous period of deficit, from which we still didn't recover (even in 2016! I don't claim Bush was responsible for Obama's term, but it was his administration idea - by the gentlemen mention above) . But the recession which was beginning to show 2001, needed to be masked and hidden under the carpet to continue pretending prosperity. And real estate bubble was the perfect tool. We were doing "very well" economically until 2008. Yes, Alan Greenspan propagated it farther, but the beginning was with the Bush administration.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:03 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
You're crazy if you think gore wouldn't have gone into Afghanistan. Bernie sanders would have gone into Afghanistan after 9/11.

Also, please explain specifically how Bush was responsible for the housing bubble? Was he encouraging irresponsible loans?

YES!!!!!!!

His administration help silenced investigation into fraudulent lending in order to keep the ship going.... straight into an iceberg.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:03 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
He got his payoff in the hundreds of millions of dollars getting in on that global warming carbon credits scam. So he was never fit to be POTUS. But he joins a list who also weren't: Clinton, Hillary, Obama, Duhbya, Trump....

Old 10-25-2016, 01:11 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,648,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
As for me, Yes, I do; indeed, I still think that Al Gore would have probably been a better President than George W. Bush was.

Anyway, any thoughts on this?
many years of full employment for comedians with bush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6842dDUhnOM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies