Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 08:48 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But he didn't. He said Obama deported millions and millions of illegals. So Trump congratulated Obama on doing his job. So was Trump lying or the liberal media that deportations were on the rise when the claim was made?

I don't know the number that Obama deported I just elaborated on what kind of illegals he deported and those he gave stays of deportation to and they were in the millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 08:49 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know the number that Obama deported I just elaborated on what kind of illegals he deported and those he gave stays of deportation to and they were in the millions.
Trump just said Obama deported millions and millions. There's your number

Old 10-20-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That was the funniest part of night, Trump admitting that Obama has a good record for deporting the very illegals that Trump wants to (keep) on deporting.

No, Trump wants to deport the convicted criminals and every other illegal alien. Obama only did the former not the latter.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:18 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Someone ALWAYS has an excuse and convenient spin on the truth.

Trump admitted what we all knew in the first place. Admit it, stop trying to spin it, and move on.
Some people are just stuck on stupid.

Quote:
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson acknowledged Tuesday that his department’s deportation numbers are now mostly made up of illegal immigrants caught at the border, not just those from the interior, which means they can’t be compared one-to-one with deportations under President Bush or other prior administrations.

Previous administrations primarily counted only those caught in the interior of the U.S. by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says - Washington Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They've been spinning this for almost four years. They know damn well that it's true.
Will you continue to lie or be ignorant that indeed the definition of deportation was changed by people with your mentality to play the exact game you are playing.

Who is spinning?

Old 10-20-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
But he didn't. He said Obama deported millions and millions of illegals. So Trump congratulated Obama on doing his job. So was Trump lying or the liberal media that deportations were on the rise when the claim was made?

He was mistaken. I don't know if it was an outright lie or he didn't have his facts straight. From what I understand Obama supposedly deported around 2 million illegal aliens during his term but the fact remains that he was also counting those who were turned around at the border. Whether Trump was aware of that or not I don't know. Either way, what is the point when he allowed about 6 million of them to remain here under a stay of deportation along with work permits and that is the point that Trump should have brought up. He missed the boat on that one.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
The point is that Obama as all presidents has returned and removed illegals, but when Trump promises to do it liberal voters faint in shock over deporting illegals as required by law.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:43 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
I did not know, that if you caught a person trying to enter the United States, at the border, it's called a deportation?

Amazing....

From the LA Times no doubt...

LOL

Quote:
Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration and accelerated under Obama. The policy stemmed in part from a desire to ensure that people who had crossed into the country illegally would have formal charges on their records.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...402-story.html

Old 10-20-2016, 05:05 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
AThat was the claim being made on C-D some time go, that liberals and Obama were lying that he is "deporter-in-chief" and now Trump acknowledges that Obama deported "millions and millions of illegals". So Obama and the MSM were right after all? or was Trump lying?
Trump did so several months ago and added something along the lines of " unlike Obama, I have heart and will show compassion. I am the compassionate candidate. "

Old 10-20-2016, 05:06 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,606,489 times
"Many" isn't the same as enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies