Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Wha? You don't already own one? Let me tell you darling....downhill fast
Depends. Who wants to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Remember, men, when wearing a sun dress always make sure your berries don't hang lower than your hemline.
Thanks for the public awareness announcement, Uncle Bully. Rest assured, I don't want to do anything that might attract squirrels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Guylashes, manscara, ?

Old 10-20-2016, 01:50 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I agree. I'll start worrying when men start wearing Tampons.
Start worrying. Did you see the DNC?

Old 10-20-2016, 01:55 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Start worrying. Did you see the DNC?

Ha! Thanks for reminding me.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:03 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
lol

Old 10-20-2016, 02:05 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
I'm not much of a makeup fan myself. My girlfriend only does her eyebrows and only now and then (she does insane braiding of her three-feet of red hair though). I like seeing the real person, not the mask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I am a proponent of doing what makes you happy as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.
I agree. I've always said that. It's none of my business.

Except... there are other dynamics. Not calling someone by their chosen, sometimes made up, sometimes arbitrarily changed over time pronouns can lead to consequences in some circles, and I see these consequences becoming more and more severe over time. Many college-age kids today view not using the "correct" pronouns as an act of *violence.* It is possible this will one day be classified as *hate speech* subject to prosecution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
First let us look at the food.
And the pesticides -- Atravan is certainly estrogenic.
Quote:
...corn and soybeans are among the most wanted list for this claim...
Men. If you like having a sex drive and if you like being able to achieve erection, stay as far away from soy as you can. No soy in your Chinese food, in your nutritional supplements, and definitely no protein shakes or meal-replacement shakes which use soy as the protein!
Quote:
Third, this is really out there and something I sort of made up and honestly don't believe but still interesting, technology.
There is some science behind this, actually. Research has looked at the ebb and flow of T levels and what tends to increase or decrease those levels.

Good post overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The last cashier I used at Home Depot was flouncing as he rang up my drill bits.
Question: what is "flouncing?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
...making it hard for a hetero woman looking to meet guys...
On top of that, an increasing number of straight guys are eschewing relationships or even casual sex with women. The principle is that said relationships or encounters fail a simple cost-benefit analysis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I would expect lots of gay men in hardware stores since they tend to do a lot of home improvements and renovations...

...it's also been my personal experience that most gay men are not very effeminate.
Yah, my girlfriend's best friend is a gay guy, and he has no effeminate qualities at all (other than liking penises I suppose) and has a garage brimming with powered and unpowered tools and workbenches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
...because I know zero persons that call themselves "ze" or "them" or "they."
I know one person who insists on they/them/their. But it is becoming common, even expected, on many college campuses across the land to introduce yourself by giving your name and your pronouns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
I've noticed Joe Buck wearing a ton of makeup this post-season...
That's a little different. On-camera, makeup is fairly common.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I'll start worrying when men start wearing Tampons.
Where have you been?

Yes, Men Can Have Periods and We Need to Talk About Them

Old 10-20-2016, 02:12 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
I am sure women all over the world are equally very excited.

"aww, honey, that lip gloss looks really great on you, make you look so handsome."

Old 10-20-2016, 04:14 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
All well and good but I think we both know your dad's not about to start putting on makeup anytime soon.
Probably not... he's got butterfingers. But if he DID, he'd still be pretty dang masculine. And, what's funny is that he totally would do it if my mom said, "Hey, I think you'd look really handsome with some makeup on." He'd be like, "Yeah, okay. Whatever floats yer boat." And he wouldn't be self conscious at all... he'd go and do his normal stuff without a thought to the fact that he was wearing makeup. He's very secure.

I wore makeup today and I unpacked a truck and loaded it into my basement (moving to a new house.) I looked in the mirror and realized that I had mascara everywhere under my eyes (fall allergies.) I looked like Tammy Faye Bakker after a major crying jag. Oh well... we'll pretend that I wanted it that way. "Dramatic."

Old 10-20-2016, 04:22 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I know one person who insists on they/them/their. But it is becoming common, even expected, on many college campuses across the land to introduce yourself by giving your name and your pronouns.

No, I don't doubt what you say.

Due to my age (generation)--I think--is why I personally have not met a person like this. Or if I have I didn't know it because we were never in discussion and I never heard them being addressed by someone else.

I know plenty of lesbians, met plenty of transsexuals, and I've met "G's" and "B's" in the LGBTQ acronym. Eh, I've met a cross-dressing heterosexual man at a bar before, so, that is the only "Q" I know of that I've met out of the LGBTQ's.

But I knew--from reading--that the "ze's" among the "Q's" were growing in numbers and wild popularity among younger generations.

See, I'm open to new fashion if I think it looks good, or overtime can come to like the way it looks. But that is my choice. Broader society can demand I hate it or love it but they won't make me change my mind with their demands and group-think.

So, I may or may not like it (the fashion) if some dude is wearing makeup.

I doubt Russian men are becoming as soft. When decades from now the effeminate men of America hiss like sissies at their tough Russian male adversaries it will be quite humorous. The US will have to be like Kuwait and contract out fighters to defend them. Maybe look South to the Mexicans. They made up lots of the Marines fighting for the US during the invasions of Iraq and Afganistan anyways. Tough bastards.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:26 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Why are we even debating the merits & cultural implications of some garbage clickbait story?? Do you people believe anything you read on the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies