Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 12:40 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

I think the congress did a terrible job which hurt this nation- and this election has proved the anger and hurt they have- Obama stood tall and still managed to get some things done- whether you admit it or NOT- does not matter-the history books will show it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 12:45 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
[quote=scarabchuck;45893476]I'm not a fan for sure.

The positives:
Auto industry bail out (which I had mixed emotions on)
Greenlighted the hunt and killing of Bin Laden
We are less dependent on foreign oil, and US oil production is up
Pushed thru same sex marriage , although the SCOTUS did the final ruling.

The negatives:
He cast a negative light on our Law Enforcement
Supports globalism and thinks nationalism is an obsolete way of thinking
Is an apologist, would rather kowtow to what ever the topic is instead of standing up for the U.S.
Supports the TPP
Supports opening the borders
Focuses on making the world a better place instead of focusing on his country first
Cast a negative light on law abiding firearms owners while criminals have turned the inner cities into war zones.
The countries GDP is sub par, with very slow growth
We have more people out of work and on food stamps then when he entered office.

The passing of the healthcare reform, was a great idea, if you didn't have a job or are underemployed. So I'm at a neutral on that one, my health care costs me $700 a month, so it certainly didn't help me .[/quote]

had the congress got on board - things might have been better for you in this aspect- they passed the bill with out helping to improve it- my sis yelled for 4 yrs until her hubby got very ill- and his medi-vac cost her $54K (alone)-- thank God had ins. she paid maybe $4K out of pocket for 1 week ICU etc - she dont say nada now--

Old 10-20-2016, 12:57 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times
Worse than Carter.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:00 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
if you are a PROG Mr Obama is one of the most effective.
if you are not a PROG Mr Obama is one of the most destructive. In fact, he is quite possibly the most destructive people to ever be elected president.

If Hillary follows him into the Whitehouse, He will go down in history as one of the most influential men to ever be President.

Period.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:01 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Great job especially considering a totally obstructionist Congress. Get ready for eight more years buddy boys.
you mean the obstruction by harry reid who killed the discussion of both dem and repub proposals?

what did repubs block? obama care, shovel ready jobs, stimulus package, the iran deal?????

Old 10-20-2016, 01:08 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
We've now got $20 Trillion in debt.
Enough said.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
After almost 8 years of a black president I would have expected better race relations throughout our Country.
Not only that but I would have expected that he would have done something to help the black community.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:29 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I could care less what the color or gender our president is, but I too feel like we have become a more divided country under him. Liberal/ Conservative, Black/White, LGBT/ Straight all have become much more divided. Just because you don't feel the same as that poster doesn't mean he is racist. Too much of that word is being used for the most trivial things.
How exactly was Obama supposed to improve race relations when the Republican party nominated a "birther" for the Presidency and have been obstructionists in Congress during his term?
The election of Obama brought out all of the racists out of the woodwork !
America has always been divided on race we just ignored it until a black man presided over the White House.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:18 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
i say boring,bad,and bland

i never trusted him and never voted for him

i wish i could have liked him but he did so much bad

they could have got someone better
He was a great politician, but an ineffective leader. He was at his best reading the teleprompter. Obama, Reid and Pelosi did a masterful job of dividing the country in to voting blocks, but they didn't manage to do much besides the ACA, which is a complete disaster by any metric. I honestly don't think even Obama knew what was in the bill, so I don't think he intended to lie about keeping your doctor and your insurance. He was just reading what his team put on the teleprompter. Obama and Boehner spent quite a bit of cheese, but I don't know that they have anything to show for it. I give him credit for not getting us involved in a stupid war. The Iran deal is a joke. Talking with Cuba is nice and long over due. He kept Wall Street and the elites happy, but the middle class got squeezed big league.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
i say boring,bad,and bland

i never trusted him and never voted for him

i wish i could have liked him but he did so much bad

they could have got someone better
On a scale of one to ten a big zero
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies