Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 11:01 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times

Advertisements

"Why do others REALLY care about what blacks are doing?"

Socially, as in everyday life, I think that's what your are saying. Most probably don't really care, some people are just busy bodies.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:19 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ13 View Post
So if it was established for just white people regardless of ethnic background it would be unacceptable?

The problem is there is a double standard and you just perpetuated it. I didn't perpetuate anything. Black people are free to congregate and hold black only events whereas if an organization held a white only event it would be deemed raciest and a potential resurgence of the kkk. Now, let me say, someone did create a "White Lives Matter" movement as a counter reaction to the Black Lives Matter movement (which I have a love/hate relationship with), but it wasn't most blacks that deemed it as a hate group. Most blacks that I know didn't even give it a thought.

Black pride, totally acceptable. Well had history not happened the way that it did, there would not need to be a need for it.

White pride, blatantly raciest. white pride has been celebrate at the expense of belittling everyone else.

Personally I couldn't care less what white, black, Hispanic or asian people do.

I don't have an issue w/ any cultural celebrations given that they are not done under the perception that another group is inferior. With that being said, the majority of blacks don't know their actual origin so we are all grouped as one even though we are as varied as anyone else.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:21 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Because if the three black guys that work under me don't do their job right the black guy above me let's me know about it.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I don't have an issue w/ any cultural celebrations given that they are not done under the perception that another group is inferior. With that being said, the majority of blacks don't know their actual origin so we are all grouped as one even though we are as varied as anyone else.
So you'd be ok with a Miss White USA and a white students union?

Old 10-21-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So you'd be ok with a Miss White USA and a white students union?

Okay I have YET to see this Miss Black USA pageant that everyone is talking about. As far as black student unions? I don't really get those, unless one is at an HBCU...............of course I did not go to an HBCU, I went to the university in my hometown and there was no any color student union.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Okay I have YET to see this Miss Black USA pageant that everyone is talking about. As far as black student unions? I don't really get those, unless one is at an HBCU...............of course I did not go to an HBCU, I went to the university in my hometown and there was no any color student union.
Miss Black USA Pageant | Official Website of the Miss Black USA Pageant

Old 10-21-2016, 11:48 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
**WHEN I SAY "WHAT BLACKS ARE DOING", I'M NOT REFERRING TO BLACKS THAT ARE COMMITTING CRIME. I'M NOT REFFERING TO THE UNDERCLASS**

Why does everyone REALLY care if blacks have our own institutions and organizations (e.g. BET, UNCF, Black History Month, HBCUs, BLM award shows etc)? I ask this based on what I'm reading on this site and what I'm seeing lately on TV and in my own life. A large percentage of other races want NOTHING to do w/ us so why is it that when we decide to give them what they want they claim we are self-segregating?
You have whites who will literally pull their children out of schools when the black population gets to be 20%, they will sell their homes when they see they have a black neighbor, they will even start their OWN school systems separate from the county so that their children do not have to go to school with black kids but will then complain about a "black college" (HISTORICALLY black college/university). Do TWI's(Traditionally White Institutions) not exist? Also, wasn't it whites that at one time made segregation a LAW? With that in mind, why do you care so much that a black person gets on here asking about a "black middle class neighborhood"?

Also why is it that no one complains about Telemundo, Univisioin, or Galavision where the content is not even in English? No one bats an eye at that (take note Stacey Dash!).

Asians and Pacific Islanders have several of their own organizations, programs, etc geared towards their empowerment (including their own scholarship fund and LGBT club) but no one says that that's racist or segregationist.
Note: I'm not going to just black whites because there are many other minorities that don't want a thing to do w/ blacks either and mind you they may even be going through the same boat but will turn their nose up at a black person.

With that in mind, why is it suddenly a problem when we decide not to care?

P.S. you can take this however you want. Take it as a rant or take it as an interesting discussion. I really do not care at this point because the bulk of you certainly don't care about offending me.
Neanderthalensisitis.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:54 AM

hmmmm..............this seems to be more or less a scholarship fund? It appears that various states will host the pageant, however I must say, I've never seen it televised. The only black beauty pageant that I've seen televised is BET's "Rip The Runway" during Spring Bling (BET's Spring break program).

Old 10-21-2016, 11:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
There is no law against starting your own scholarship fund for white kids only.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:59 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
**WHEN I SAY "WHAT BLACKS ARE DOING", I'M NOT REFERRING TO BLACKS THAT ARE COMMITTING CRIME. I'M NOT REFFERING TO THE UNDERCLASS**

Why does everyone REALLY care if blacks have our own institutions and organizations (e.g. BET, UNCF, Black History Month, HBCUs, BLM award shows etc)? I ask this based on what I'm reading on this site and what I'm seeing lately on TV and in my own life. A large percentage of other races want NOTHING to do w/ us so why is it that when we decide to give them what they want they claim we are self-segregating?
You have whites who will literally pull their children out of schools when the black population gets to be 20%, they will sell their homes when they see they have a black neighbor, they will even start their OWN school systems separate from the county so that their children do not have to go to school with black kids but will then complain about a "black college" (HISTORICALLY black college/university). Do TWI's(Traditionally White Institutions) not exist? Also, wasn't it whites that at one time made segregation a LAW? With that in mind, why do you care so much that a black person gets on here asking about a "black middle class neighborhood"?

Also why is it that no one complains about Telemundo, Univisioin, or Galavision where the content is not even in English? No one bats an eye at that (take note Stacey Dash!).

Asians and Pacific Islanders have several of their own organizations, programs, etc geared towards their empowerment (including their own scholarship fund and LGBT club) but no one says that that's racist or segregationist.
Note: I'm not going to just black whites because there are many other minorities that don't want a thing to do w/ blacks either and mind you they may even be going through the same boat but will turn their nose up at a black person.

With that in mind, why is it suddenly a problem when we decide not to care?

P.S. you can take this however you want. Take it as a rant or take it as an interesting discussion. I really do not care at this point because the bulk of you certainly don't care about offending me.
Honestly, I haven't thought about that particular subject. Historically Black Colleges and Universities are majority Black, most of them. However, anyone can attend them. One important question is this. Given that HBCU's are open to everyone, why aren't there more non-Blacks trying to attend them?

There are TV channels that cater to Whites, Hispanics, and Asians. Last I checked, I seldom ever see people of African descent on Univision or Telemundo, unless it's David Ortiz or some soccer player. I rarely hear complaints on city-data about the Spanish-speaking channels. You can find thread after thread after thread with topics relating to "why do Black people...".

I think it points to Blacks being the most looked down on segment of the U.S. population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies