Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

You guys really need to stop voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 04:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So lets connect the dots for Hillary voters....

Businesses won't reinvest, they will downsize, they may not target Hillary voters BUT if you lost your job because of the downsizing or closing of businesses, i.e.... you stand less of a chance finding a new job with Hillary than you do with Trump.

Higher taxes does NOT encourage re-investment or result in growth of your wage or the company. Since Obama raised taxes and the economy is very weak you think you would have learned that already geez

hillary-vote-further-declines-standard-of-living

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

This weakest recovery ever due to anti Business admin created pithy 1% GDP growth.

2.5% modest GDP gains = tens of millions of more jobs.

Hope & Change = pithy economy, 1% growth

unbelievable isn't it Bob? They'll get what they deserve, more lies and broken promises and in 2020 they'll still vote for who the media tells them to vote for lol.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Are you being serious here?

What if, like I said, they have bumper stickers and office talk supporting the candidate that would raise taxes and cut your business' work permit?

When the candidate gets into office, you would likely face downsizing or bankruptcy. You wouldn't fire them when you have to weigh whom is the next person to let go during your layoff?
If they are my best worker? Hell no

Old 10-23-2016, 05:11 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
For example, in 2008 election, I was working for a company that depended on Keystone project. After Obama rejected Keystone, my company started massive lay offs. My question is shouldn't those people who had Obama 2008 bumper stickers be let go first?
That would be a terrifying world to me. Witch hunting at it's finest.

I hope you're tongue n' cheeking it here???

Old 10-23-2016, 05:23 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Either you believe in the liberty to choose or you do not.

Think long and hard on this... If you do not believe in liberty, you believe in oppressing people to your view.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:25 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
I've had many employees that I "suspect" probably voted against the best interest of my engineering company. I've never asked any of them how they voted and I've never fired anyone on that basis even though it crossed my mind!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:34 PM

You have a salesman who brings in twice the revenue of any other salesman. You gonna fire him because he voted for Hitlery?

Old 10-23-2016, 05:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
For example, in 2008 election, I was working for a company that depended on Keystone project. After Obama rejected Keystone, my company started massive lay offs. My question is shouldn't those people who had Obama 2008 bumper stickers be let go first?
I don't think you should "fire" anyone for voting for/against their choice of Candidate.
My next question is - How would a boss KNOW how a person voted?
My next thought is - IF a person is willing to Vote against their own Job, their Family's wellbeing, then how smart can they possibly be?

I wish that the Hillary promoters had the nerve to actually put a sign in their Yard, proclaim their Vote.
They are too embarrassed to do so - can't blame them for that. Who really wants to advertise they are voting against their Family, against their Job, against their Nation - when they Vote for a person who is so Corrupt and willing to put our National Security at risk for their own personal gain and ambition.

I would HIDE my vote also if I were stupid enough to do that.
Trump supporters worry about being attacked for their vote, but many still put out signs and wear Trump shirts and Hats. Hillary Voters just HIDE, because they are secretly ashamed - as they should be.

They run the risk of being shunned and known for supporting Corruption.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:44 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
But what if I voted for a candidate that caused our company to go into bankruptcy?
I'd place more blame on the people running your organization.

Or you could just say you voted for a third-party candidate. Your bosses probably don't even know who they are, and you'll automatically be the smartest person in the room.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I don't think you should "fire" anyone for voting for/against their choice of Candidate.
My next question is - How would a boss KNOW how a person voted?
My next thought is - IF a person is willing to Vote against their own Job, their Family's wellbeing, then how smart can they possibly be?
Possibly because he votes mainly on social issues or he puts our country above his own economic situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies