Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 04:49 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Don't be fooled by polls. It's been shown they are skewed sometimes by something as simple as polling more democrats. That kind of imbalance will produce the superficial perception that trump is trailing.
Not so.
Dems have demonstrated that there is no depth they are not willing to sink to in order to win.

Something as relatively benign (in comparison to their other tactics) as intentionally skewing the polls is barley worth lying about to cover up for them.

Last edited by FatBob96; 10-25-2016 at 05:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 06:26 AM

504 posts, read 384,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Liberal media didn't stop Bush from winning two elections.

Chill with the excuses. Repubs aren't losing because of the media.
Excuses???? You have no clue that their losing? Your coming off like your statement is fact! Nobody knows what the election results will be until election day is over. You have a mostly liberal media conducting all the polls, and you honestly expect me to buy into their results. Sorry but I'm just not that gullible.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:28 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
I liked Rubio and I think he could have trounced hillary. He's an excellent speaker, charming and an expert on foreign policy.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:40 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Cruz would have been attacked as too superstitious and too willing to let his mythology effect his leadership. Which is sad because otherwise he was a great candidate-very smart. He'd have wiped the floor with Hillary during the debates. Rubio is too "establishment". Not enough different than the rest of the globalists and bought and owned corporatists of the establishment RNC AND DNC.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:01 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Cruz would have been attacked as too superstitious and too willing to let his mythology effect his leadership.
Yep, they did do that already. I would hear some ignorant sheep go on about how Cruz wanted to turn the country into a theocracy. It was pure propaganda BS as anyone who had listened to Cruz on many issues knew he was a strict constitutionalist that often referred to state rights and answered that many issues were out of the purview of federal authority.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:35 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I liked Rubio and I think he could have trounced hillary. He's an excellent speaker, charming and an expert on foreign policy.
I liked him, but he is supported by a company that brings in H1B visa workers to replace entire departments of US workers on a regular basis. So he's no better than Hillary Clinton.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:40 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I'm not a fan of Cruz, and really not of Rubio either. But I'd pick Rubio over Clinton or Trump, and I do believe he could beat Clinton. Cruz would have a harder time picking up moderates imo.

Trumps a nut. Cruz is creepy and way too socially conservative. Rubio has too many personal financial issues. Nobody wants another political dynasty in Bush. Kasich was too far to the center and too willing to compromise, but he was my favorite. Paul came off as too inexperienced, too willing to compromise, and he seems like he is lecturing like a professor, he just didn't seem presidential.

Rand Paul could be a great presidential candidate in 12 years if he works on his problems.
Rand Paul was my favorite candidate. Too bad the Republican base can't seem to get behind him. He has integrity, compassion, and intelligence. I do not think he can be bought. And he would have been able to go head to head in the debates and point out Hillary's corruption.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:07 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Rand Paul was my favorite candidate. Too bad the Republican base can't seem to get behind him. He has integrity, compassion, and intelligence. I do not think he can be bought. And he would have been able to go head to head in the debates and point out Hillary's corruption.
Rand Paul could have even snatched at least 30 percent of the black vote from Clinton, and probably as much as 50% of the youth vote.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:52 AM

730 posts, read 774,727 times
Cruz would have been a hard sell but any of Rubio, Jeb, or Katich would be walking away with it.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:54 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
All the Republicans had to do was Elect Cruz or Rubio and they would have EASILY won the presidency
I think the party would have united behind Rubio, or Jeb, but not Cruz.

But it is true that either one would have beaten Hillary, who is the weakest Dem candidate in a very long time. Only Trump can screw it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies