Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:49 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Give me a break. I'm wowing at the fact that some loser really searched every corner of the interwebs to find out of the attackers were actually Black.

I really don't understand the point of these threads. Like, what do you want us to do about it? :\
The fact that we don't see hillbillies and trailer park residents who have the exact same low socioeconomic statuses as black, broke intercity residents ever doing this kind of thing means, to me, that our country has a problem with black racism. It also, no doubt, has problems with all sorts of other kinds of racism, probably many of which are far more problematic than black racism, but black racism does not seem to be the inconsequential matter some think it is . Some people say black people cannot be racist. That needs to stop. That's what can do about it ourselves without much effort: acknowledge another problem, I think. While we're at it, we can call out all sorts of other racism too.

I just listened to a speaker from the New Black Panthers website. He sounds exactly like a KKK member. His lack of self-awareness is awe-inspiring. Just replace comments about how people of race X are stupid and violent with comments about how race Y are violent and greedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 08:52 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Such gorgeous and innocent YOUNG PEOPLE AND TEENS......they are only demonstrating against the RepubliKKKans tearing-away their feeding-programs!!!!

Old 10-24-2016, 08:54 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Give me a break. I'm wowing at the fact that some loser really searched every corner of the interwebs to find out of the attackers were actually Black.

I really don't understand the point of these threads. Like, what do you want us to do about it? :\
There's two issues at hand here for anyone with common sense (no offense):

1. Temple's text alert Friday night: “Increased police activity due to large groups of juveniles along Broad Street on/near Main Campus. Police responding. Avoid area.”

Let's say you're a campus dispatcher (I'll pretend too but it won't be very hard cuz I was one years ago).

See anything wrong with this alert in regards to what actually happened?

If you take your racial glasses off for a second you'll see a whitewashing (or blackwashing in this case) of pertinent facts regarding the incident. Juveniles weren't just on the scene. Black juveniles were robbing and assaulting white students.

We need to know that. I know it's uncomfortable for you and the other SJWs but sending out a safety alert without all the information is nonsense. You'd be fired if you did that.

I don't know Temple's protocol on who exactly releases the text alerts on campus but I'd venture to say they are not the cops. More likely it's a SJW in an ivory tower hitting the final send. I never in my life didn't start a BOLO or any reference to a person without including race, gender, height, weight.

2. I had to Google this story because the OP mentioned race and didn't include a link with that info. If you look at page 1 I clearly state that I didn't see race in the article and questioned the OP's info.

Come to find out this is at least the third incident on campus in three years where a black mob attacked whites and the mainstream press didn't report race. You know, part of the "who" in the "who, what, when, and where" that journalism students are taught on day #1. Or used to be taught I should say.

Temple police and Philly mainstream media have made this a racial issue by not mentioning race when there's not only nothing wrong with doing so, it is essential from both a journalistic and policing viewpoint to do so.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:05 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
The fact that we don't see hillbillies and trailer park residents who have the exact same low socioeconomic statuses as black, broke intercity residents ever doing this kind of thing means, to me, that our country has a problem with black racism.

You'd be surprised at the disgusting things that happen in many of those towns. I've seen it first hand when I lived in the midwest for a year. Crime, prostitution, child abuse, you name it its happening in all these "white" "hillbilly" towns.

So, please check your hypocrisy at the door.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:06 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Well, we don't know if the victims were attacked solely because of their race, now do we? Unless you know something we don't?
I wasn't speaking about this specific incident.

I was informing you that "some crimes" fall under the legal definition of a "hate crime"...therefore, they are not all the same.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why is this discussion off limits? It seems to me it's as fair game as talking about white supremacists, as long as you're talking about the people engaged in it and not the entire race.
It's a micro-aggression. Don't you know that?

Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
You "wow" at the fact that some folks want to gather facts & be as informed as they can before they comment on an internet debate board?

Too bad so many do NOT before they riot, and loot/burn their towns down.

Quote:
Who/what is your definition of "us"?

Old 10-24-2016, 09:25 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You'd be surprised at the disgusting things that happen in many of those towns. I've seen it first hand when I lived in the midwest for a year. Crime, prostitution, child abuse, you name it its happening in all these "white" "hillbilly" towns.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't talking about that. I was talking specifically about how we don't see hillbillies or trailer park residents mobbing people in large groups in modern times...but when we did, it was for reasons of race-based hatred back when the white supremacist groups were in their prime, hence my assumption that the group (who seems to have been largely black) who attacked the college students did it because of race-based hatred. It's a guess, but I can't think of another reason for this to happen.

Don't call me a hypocrite when you have no reason to see me as a hypocrite, please, also. Kindly end your paranoid hunting for bad people. I am not a bad person you are searching for.

Last edited by Clintone; 10-24-2016 at 09:33 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

What hypocrisy are you referring to?

Who said crime, prostitution, child abuse & "you name it"...doesn't happen everywhere and in every town in the US?

Old 10-24-2016, 09:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's a micro-aggression. Don't you know that?
I know you're being funny, but I find it highly disturbing that people get more upset by the discussion of this, than they are over this happening in the first place.

A few years ago in Chicago, this happened TWELVE times over the course of one weekend. And that one weekend wasn't the only time it happened.

I'm not in favor of a lot of the threads here, but this is news. No outrage about the event, just the discussion of it. Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies