Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 04:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,813,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you consider decent, hardworking Blacks moving into a White neighborhood harmful, then you are the one with a problem, not me.
You did exactly what I said you would do and that's the problem.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:25 PM

3,087 posts, read 3,206,110 times
If I'm not causing any commotion in the neighborhood then how am I harming anyone? If my yard is clean and I'm paying my taxes, who am I hurting? Is it because I should have stayed on "my side of the tracks"?

Old 10-29-2016, 04:26 PM

72,835 posts, read 62,209,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I asked a question earlier in this thread but got no response so I'll ask again: I'd like to know how other blacks feel about corporal punishment? Do you think that we embrace it too freely?
Well, this is the way I see it. I am aware more corporal punishment takes place in the Black population than any other group in the USA. However, there are more things I see. Highest rate of divorce. Higher rate of murder than any other race. Black men are the nation's #1 murder victim and perpetrator. Granted, this only constitutes a fraction of 1 percent of the Black male population. Black children are more likely to suffer from being abused than any other children. We hear more reports of Black youths causing behavior issues in school than any other group. While the majority of Blacks aren't committing crimes, there are higher rates of violent crimes done by Black youths than other youths. If corporal punishment worked, crimes committed by Blacks would essentially be zero. Black youths would be the best behaved in school. I don't think it works based on the data. Why it isn't working, well, there are many reasons to consider.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You did exactly what I said you would do and that's the problem.
What did I do?

Old 10-29-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
When my children were between two and five, they were subject to a swat on the butt with a flipflop. It was effective when used.

Today, decades later, they have no problem with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZwx1LgJJTs
I'm not opposed to it all the way however, I do feel too many in the black community want to go to it for the slightest infractions. I get disturbed when I read so many of my people condoning beatings with extension cords and the like. Objects that can damage a child's skin have no place in discipline.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2016 View Post
Probably not directly, but indirectly. The black friends of the black family members will visit them. The black friends will want to move in if they like the neighborhood. Then the black friends of the black friends will want to move in. When the percentage of the black residents is over 20%, white flight starts, schools go downhill, crimes go up, housing values go down, …
How about this. If you know anyone who is a hood rat, don't let the visit. My parents know some hood rats from their youth. We don't get visits from them.

A better question is this. There are many Blacks who seek to keep away from hood rats. Why do the hood rats want to follow the middle class Blacks?

Sorry if I don't sound like I don't have any empathy. However, being who I am, my concern is to keep far away from hood rats. Why should I stay in a neighborhood rife with hood rats when I can move somewhere else?

Old 10-29-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer2016 View Post
Probably not directly, but indirectly. The black friends of the black family members will visit them. and if my family members are not causing harm, what's the issue? The black friends will want to move in if they like the neighborhood. [color="blue"] ummm....no hasn't happened in my neighborhood[color="blue"]Then the black friends of the black friends will want to move in. oh so blacks wanting to live in nice places are a problem When the percentage of the black residents is over 20%, white flight starts, schools go downhill, crimes go up, housing values go down, …
I said it in my other thread. It wouldn't matter if we were all well to do, it's the contempt for blacks that's the issue. School funding stops and all goes down.

Yet if blacks decide to establish something of their own we're "self-segregating"

Old 10-29-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I have not imposed myself in anyone. People of any race should be able to live where they want as long as they can afford it. I will not limit myself to where I can live just because it makes you uncomfortable.
And that should include living with only others of their group. Of course groups members are imposing themselves on others because of government policies, such as HUD, no freedom of association, affirmative action etc and double standards. It's an unfair, unequal trade off and relationship.

We can talk theory and denials all we want, but that's not reality on the ground.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I said it in my other thread. It wouldn't matter if we were all well to do, it's the contempt for blacks that's the issue. School funding stops and all goes down.

Yet if blacks decide to establish something of their own we're "self-segregating"
In short, darned if we do, darned if we don't. Establish all-Black neighborhood, accusation of self-segregation. Move to predominantly non-Black area, get accused of imposing ourselves on others. I would like to ask some people with this kind of thinking this: Which is it?

Old 10-29-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What did I do?
Deny the harm and annoyance as always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies